Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner
Jan 18, 2012 at 6:02 AM Post #286 of 1,320

Quote:
Melbourne, 4 seasons in one day =D

It's been a tad too humid in Perth for my liking... previous summers have been hot, but not as humid as it is this year...

@ Currawong - How's winter in Japan mate?

Japan's winter is boring. Hardly any snow but plenty of rain.

I remember Melbourne -- the only city where you could be out on a hot day and it could turn suddenly freezing within a couple of minutes.

I indeed have experienced the 4 seasons in one day while there.

Jan 19, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #287 of 1,320
Hi all, another aussie from Brisbane.

Just like to know where everyone here buys there gear? Like to support the locals when i can but pricing can be frustrating at times. For example, SRH840 are very close to the $us equivalent while another like the DT250 which are cheaper than the 840 in the US goes for $100-150 more here.

Jan 19, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #288 of 1,320

Quote:
Hi all, another aussie from Brisbane.
Just like to know where everyone here buys there gear? Like to support the locals when i can but pricing can be frustrating at times. For example, SRH840 are very close to the $us equivalent while another like the DT250 which are cheaper than the 840 in the US goes for $100-150 more here.

Hey mate, check out this thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/581451/australian-headphone-retailers-and-reputations-listing

Jan 19, 2012 at 6:44 AM Post #290 of 1,320

Quote:
We should arrange for a Melbourne meetup, be surprised how many would turn up for one. :O

The last one I believe was a small gathering on Glenferrie Rd in a Thai take away place :)

Somehow the venue gave way to a horde of Head-Fiers out back with all their gear.

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #291 of 1,320

Quote:
 The last one I believe was a small gathering on Glenferrie Rd in a Thai take away place :)

Somehow the venue gave way to a horde of Head-Fiers out back with all their gear.

tongue_smile.gif
  Now, that's my kind of meet, my kind of head-fier's! Will jet overseas to hang with y'all one day... someday.

Jan 23, 2012 at 6:54 AM Post #292 of 1,320

Quote:

Yeah missed out on that one due to work it was on the Eastern side....a fellow member here by name of Kiteki pm'd me about it.

Jan 23, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #293 of 1,320

Quote:
tongue_smile.gif
  Now, that's my kind of meet, my kind of head-fier's! Will jet overseas to hang with y'all one day... someday.

International meet! Cor, who needs Can Jam 
smile.gif

I say we do more than alright, the last big one at A2A upstairs (sadly the top floor is now occupied by some IT mob) was quite mad,
 all the gear anyone could want - some people really do hide away some nice stuff for these big days.

@DefQon

Reckon you could be on to something, fact is out West there is more opportunity at something like a large function club, bowls
 area or what - a big place that is happy to lease it out one lazy Sunday for next to nothing - the East has become pricey for
 any large venue leasing - there's always an odd place that might do it but I see more opportunity out West for a big shindig.

Most folk will drive anyway, car pooling was a big thing last time.

Jan 24, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #295 of 1,320

Quote:
 International meet! Cor, who needs Can Jam 
smile.gif

I say we do more than alright, the last big one at A2A upstairs (sadly the top floor is now occupied by some IT mob) was quite mad,
 all the gear anyone could want - some people really do hide away some nice stuff for these big days.

@DefQon

Reckon you could be on to something, fact is out West there is more opportunity at something like a large function club, bowls
 area or what - a big place that is happy to lease it out one lazy Sunday for next to nothing - the East has become pricey for
 any large venue leasing - there's always an odd place that might do it but I see more opportunity out West for a big shindig.

Most folk will drive anyway, car pooling was a big thing last time.

I live near the Western Bulldog grounds and they recently built a big indoor gymnasium there........<<< you know where I'm going at yeah ? 
wink.gif

Jan 24, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #296 of 1,320

Quote:
I live near the Western Bulldog grounds and they recently built a big indoor gymnasium there........<<< you know where I'm going at yeah ? 
wink.gif

Whitten Oval eh? Quite the venue, cor what's next ~ MCG meet with full catering. Again, who needs Can Jam? :)

Jan 24, 2012 at 4:45 AM Post #297 of 1,320

Only thing with a nice venue with some reasonable lunch, beverage, refreshments and what not is <drum roll< ~ $$$ cost.

Last time the real bonus was that George at A2A opened his doors for gratis, the cover charge did not go in any way towards
 the lease or electricity for the event to take place, he was just doing it for the sake of putting on a Melbourne Head-Fi meet.

The $10 cover charge was to absorb the massive amount of Pizza Hut, pasta and soft drink that showed up after 3pm 
smile.gif

So I guess the question is ~ what's a rough 'top of the town' figure that everyone would be happy to pay?

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #300 of 1,320

What is everyone up to on this national day?

I'm catching up with a mate for a Yum-Cha deluxe around the corner here at 'Golden Leaf'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back