Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner
May 29, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #811 of 1,320
Hey guys I'm a member who moved from Canada to Sydney, Australia last year.
Are there any forums or facebook pages like this current website dedicated for people in Australia?
I would like to buy/sell equipments to try different types of headphones. Majority of the sellers here don't ship to Australia and has been really bumming me out.

Jun 5, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #814 of 1,320
Hi guys, I'm selling my Beyerdynamic T1 here http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=738211210 (NZ only)

Cheers

Jun 9, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #815 of 1,320
smile_phones.gif
 Hi fellow Aussie Head-fiers, after a bit of a hiatus I'm looking to come back to Head-fi.
At the moment I'm considering buying a LCD2 r2 from the classifieds but before I pull the trigger I was wondering if there is anyone in South Australia who would be kind enough to let me have a listen to their LCD2. I just need to have a brief listen to gauge whether it is the right sound for me and if it is comfortable headphone to wear. If anyone out there can help me out with this request please send me PM. Alternatively we could arrange a small head-fi meet in Adelaide if there are other people interested.
Cheers,
Willmax

Jun 9, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #816 of 1,320

smile_phones.gif
 Hi fellow Aussie Head-fiers, after a bit of a hiatus I'm looking to come back to Head-fi.
At the moment I'm considering buying a LCD2 r2 from the classifieds but before I pull the trigger I was wondering if there is anyone in South Australia who would be kind enough to let me have a listen to their LCD2. I just need to have a brief listen to gauge whether it is the right sound for me and if it is comfortable headphone to wear. If anyone out there can help me out with this request please send me PM. Alternatively we could arrange a small head-fi meet in Adelaide if there are other people interested.
Cheers,
Willmax

Alternatively you can strap a brick on your head to check whether the LCD r2 is comfortable to wear or not 
eek.gif

Sorry I just had to XD Good luck finding a pair to try!

Jun 10, 2014 at 4:58 AM Post #818 of 1,320
  Who is going to EB Games Expo at Sydney Showground this October ?

Not sure if that thing is that worth. I'm also too poor and own no next gen consoles. Also I'm meant to perform academiically well next year so the answer is, not me :/

Jun 12, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #819 of 1,320

Alternatively you can strap a brick on your head to check whether the LCD r2 is comfortable to wear or not 
eek.gif

Sorry I just had to XD Good luck finding a pair to try!

Really?! Have you ever had one yourself? I've owned a HE-500 and thought it was uncomfortable for my liking so I let it go.

Jun 13, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #820 of 1,320

Really?! Have you ever had one yourself? I've owned a HE-500 and thought it was uncomfortable for my liking so I let it go.

On one side of the spectrum you have the 'feather class', i.e. Sony's F1, SA series etc...
Then you have these 'pillows' like the old Senn/AKG/Beyer trio...

Then you have the 'bricks', now there can be heavy bricks or lighter bricks, but... LCD2 and the Hifiman planars both believe in this category imo. I forgot which one is 'better' however so you need to try that out for yourself I'm afraid

Jun 13, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #821 of 1,320

Really?! Have you ever had one yourself? I've owned a HE-500 and thought it was uncomfortable for my liking so I let it go

I found both he500 and he6 more comfortable than lcd 2r2, imo it's not the weight that caused the problem (he 6 is heavier) but the pad and headband design flaws. My friend confirmed this but he also said that the lcd x's comfort is very good. I did felt the lcd 3 improved the comfort quite a bit so if you're still interested in audeze, I suggested looking for some lcd 3, x or xc pad and headband to replace and you should be good to go.
Their parts are disturbing pricey through.

Jun 13, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #822 of 1,320
FWIW I find both my LCD2r1 and LCD3F very comfortable. With the recent 3F a slight adjustment in head band position on my head was needed (I rotate the band slightly more forward on my head compared to the 2) but it was a one-time set and forget. I think the "design flaws" are that they evidently don't suit every head. But nor does the sound suit everyone so...? It's just a bummer if you love the sound but hate the comfort :cool:

I've never had HE-anything to compare but both my Grados are torture after an hour.

Beyer T1 is probably the most comfortable but their sound is not as much to my liking as the LCDs.

Jun 14, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #823 of 1,320
FWIW I find both my LCD2r1 and LCD3F very comfortable. With the recent 3F a slight adjustment in head band position on my head was needed (I rotate the band slightly more forward on my head compared to the 2) but it was a one-time set and forget. I think the "design flaws" are that they evidently don't suit every head. But nor does the sound suit everyone so...? It's just a bummer if you love the sound but hate the comfort
cool.gif

I've never had HE-anything to compare but both my Grados are torture after an hour.

Beyer T1 is probably the most comfortable but their sound is not as much to my liking as the LCDs.

Thank you for giving your opinion, I am a bit hesitant just in case that I might like the sound and dis-like the comfort or lack of it.
Maybe I will have to buy a recliner for my listening sessions 
tongue.gif
I'm still trying to find someone locally that can let me have a listen to their LCD2, I guess there isn't a lot of people in Adelaide with Audezes :frowning2:

Jun 15, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #824 of 1,320
Has anyone tried DIY cables for their headphones or IEM??
I'm trying to make a DIY cable for my SE846 and Momentum but not really sure where to start.
Can anyone share their expertise?

Jun 15, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #825 of 1,320
  Has anyone tried DIY cables for their headphones or IEM??
I'm trying to make a DIY cable for my SE846 and Momentum but not really sure where to start.
Can anyone share their expertise?

All the cables I use are DIY. I enjoy my own craftsmanship =D

It's quite simple really but it all depends on what you're looking for. I like my cables on the long side and made from good quality, yet rather cheap copper core cables.
Do you want them braided or sleeved? Do you want fancy connectors or any gold/silver connector will do. Most importantly, do you know how to solder?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back