Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner
Dec 2, 2011 at 7:30 AM Post #152 of 1,320

Quote:
Any nice audio stores in your current geographical location? 
biggrin.gif

Nope, unfortunately it's in SouthEast Asia. The only thing worth enjoying is surfing underneath the warm sun (without headphones).
wink.gif

Dec 2, 2011 at 8:24 AM Post #153 of 1,320

Quote:
Nope, unfortunately it's in SouthEast Asia. The only thing worth enjoying is surfing underneath the warm sun (without headphones).
wink.gif

Got to get away from the audio madness at some stage! Ah if only 
happy_face1.gif

Dec 3, 2011 at 4:13 AM Post #154 of 1,320
Heya fellow Aussie Head-fiers

Just wanted to share my latest splurge with you all. After much consideration over the amount of head-fi gear I've accumulated in the course of this year, today I have decide to buy yet another amp to drive my GRADO headphones, I have just pulled the trigger on a Little Dot I+ hybrid amp.

I was tossing between the LD I+ and MAD Ear+ HD, and since the huge price difference between both amps in the end I figured the LD I+ would've been the best option for my wallet, that is what I hope anyway.

So if any of you guys have any suggestions on how to get the best out of my GRADO LD I+ combo please let me know, this will be my first foray into tube sound so recommendations on tube rolling options and opamp combinations are welcome too.

Cheers

Dec 3, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #155 of 1,320

Quote:
the best option for my wallet,

This is HeadFi Heresy of the highest order..........

"Sorry about your wallet" is the order of the day here.        Get with the programmme, dude...................

Dec 3, 2011 at 6:12 AM Post #157 of 1,320

More wallet damage over here too today 
smile.gif

Beyerdynamic DT990-600ohm ~ very nice set of cans, a real diamond in the rough that gets no love. Dirt cheap for what they can do,
 assuming you have a nuclear powered head amp with about 10-15output impedance, for some reason they hate the SPL Phonitor
 and Sugden Masterclass (both have 1-5 ohm output) ~ congested, thin, bass suffers too ~ easy to see why so many end up on the
 for sale forum.

Nice leather case too

Dec 5, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #161 of 1,320

Quote:
omg gwarmi, masterclass + phonitor + dt990...there goes 5 grand

Haha I wish Nick!

DT990 600ohm is mine, very nice headphone, can't remember if you ever had one at some stage in your trailblazing headphone
collection?

Sugden Masterclass and Phonitor is very much still the property of George at Addicted to Audio 
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #163 of 1,320

Quote:
Hey Gwarmi - Any idea if A2A are planning to carry the Audiolab M-DAC in future?

Yep, been chatting to George about it ~ you're not the first to ask about this award winning Brit 
smile.gif

Few other guys in town are asking about it, hopefully it can be landed for around $900-ish, should do.

Looks the goods though, balanced outs ~ still looks like a Coax biased DAC though to me, the dead give-away
is in the spec sheet ~ 24/192 via Coax and 24/96 via USB and optical.

The guys who bring the Cambridge Audio gear should have it in the new year, I believe most UK sources
will have it just before Christmas.

Keen to hear a Sabre32 9018 equipped unit myself

Dec 5, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #164 of 1,320
24/96 via usb isn't a give away of poor implementation to me. Seems like a lot of work has gone into that usb input and some impressions I've read supports that.

Tell George he'll have my hard-earned if he can bring it to market here for <$900 and before the balanced mid-tier Schiit is available.

Dec 5, 2011 at 3:04 AM Post #165 of 1,320

Quote:
24/96 via usb isn't a give away of poor implementation to me. Seems like a lot of work has gone into that usb input and some impressions I've read supports that.

Tell George he'll have my hard-earned if he can bring it to market here for <$900 and before the balanced mid-tier Schiit is available.

Hopefully the USB input is a better effort than the Rega DAC. Read any impressions of the USB vs Coax?

Really depends I guess ~ Arcam rDAC was a true USB DAC, V800 appears to like either USB or Coax with an Audiophilleo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back