Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Jul 4, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #3,332 of 3,454
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I did try out the tri tab, and that also doesn't seem to work very well..

headdict like what can I use in place of the tri tabs? I've lost those other white round tabs that came with them in the packaging, so did you have something else in mind?

Jul 4, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #3,333 of 3,454
  Thanks for the suggestions guys. I did try out the tri tab, and that also doesn't seem to work very well..

headdict like what can I use in place of the tri tabs? I've lost those other white round tabs that came with them in the packaging, so did you have something else in mind?

The tri-tabs helped me with the seal, but were very uncomfortable to wear. So I tried some pretty wide eartips instead. These give me the same seal, but are a lot softer. It's the largest size of some transparent tips, which came with Havi B3 Pro I, IIRC. I use them in addition to large MEE tri-flange tips. So I stuff the MEE tip and most of the extra tip into my ear canal, which results in a pretty good fit. Just experiment with what you have and find out what helps you the most.

Jul 6, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #3,334 of 3,454
Glad
I ordered a custom 2.5 back in March thinking it would take two months. Well it took longer due to man power, most are focusing on the Fender line. Three days ago this arrived and its perfectly built.

Glad you got your customs and that they were worth waiting for! They sure look gorgeous!

I'm surprised that Dale hasn't hired some more people given that most attentions have turned to the Fender line, or better yet, that Fender wouldn't have offered to pay for some new staff members to help production, manage warranty claims, etc. I'm thrilled Dale has found so much success -- I spoke with him at length during the Rockets campaign, and he's a great guy who deserves every bit of success. But I also hope that he'll eventually turn his attention back to the non-mainstream crowd like us who became huge fans of his own Aurisonics-branded IEM's. I'm sure the Fenders are awesome, but I'd have to wonder whether any corners are cut to keep up with the production demand given his small team.

I actually noticed that on my Rockets, the plastic "bendy" part separated and broke away from where the jack over-molding leads into the cables. The broken piece can freely slide back and forth on the cables. I'm dreading the idea of sending my Rockets in to Aurisonics for repair knowing that I could be without them for a few months . . .

. . . maybe I should write "Attention Fender Department" on the box when I ship them for repair to speed things up a bit?! Lol!

Jul 6, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #3,335 of 3,454
I found that the Jaybird X2 sleeves provide the best fit in terms of silicon sleeves. They are easy to attach to the Rockets and fit well without slipping out. I tried Westones, Spinfits, and JVC Spiral Dots and the Jaybirds are the best for my ears.

Jul 7, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #3,336 of 3,454
Does somebody here wants to buy my pair of Rockets for 180 euro's before I put an ad for them? They come with the original packaging. all included tips and tri-tabs, except the Antiloop set is missing.

Jul 7, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #3,340 of 3,454
  That's probably fair if it's in good condition.

Yes, it's in excellent condition btw, no scrathes nothing works perfectly as well. For those wondering why I'm selling them, is because I'm getting really stressed with them because the right ear keeps falling out of my ear.

Such a big shame man, because the sound is truly endgame.

Oct 10, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #3,345 of 3,454
So my Rockets just broke a couple of days ago, the left earpiece is shorting prob something with the cable. 

Was hoping they'd last a bit longer. 

I wonder if that "lifetime warranty" thing still is in effect. Now that they're bought by Fender and all. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back