Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Nov 20, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #2,176 of 3,454
You should check out SNSD's "Girls' Generation" Gnarl. Report back with your findings. 

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #2,177 of 3,454
  Is there anyone that has the Rockets and is open to listening to a few K-Pop (Korean pop) tracks to tell me how they sound on them? Anyone that has or has owned the Tenore as well would be a bonus. PM me if you're open to trying this.

Thank you!

i think tenore would be a better choice for K-pop music, it has more bass quantity and goes deeper than rockets.

Nov 20, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #2,179 of 3,454
You should check out SNSD's "Girls' Generation" Gnarl. Report back with your findings. 

Gnarl reporting back. I just watched the entire music video for SNSD's Girls Generation. I was in a very average mood. My life is now sunshine lollipops and rainbows with gumdrop sprinkles. But it wasn't the Rockets that took me there.

The Tenore is definitely the iem for jpop.

Nov 20, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #2,181 of 3,454
Gnarl reporting back. I just watched the entire music video for SNSD's Girls Generation. I was in a very average mood. My life is now sunshine lollipops and rainbows with gumdrop sprinkles. But it wasn't the Rockets that took me there.

Could you also demo this song and tell me how the Rockets sound with it? Thanks.

Nov 20, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #2,183 of 3,454
You guys are killing me.

However the first 20 seconds were amazing.

Nah, the best part is 0:58 to 1:01 
wink_face.gif

Nov 20, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #2,184 of 3,454

Good. Good. But enough of the Rockets and Tenore. We've already reached a consensus on those long ago. So who's your favorite SNSD idol? And please don't tell me you're one of those dopes who stans for Taeyeon

Nov 20, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #2,185 of 3,454
I really don't mean to add to the hyperbole fire, but Rockets really are the best phones I've ever owned.

It's about 10pm here, and I have my X5 set to shuffle, with the Rockets plugged. Not only do the Rockets extract every detail, but they preserve the emotion in the music. I've been getting quite a few PMs about the Rockets vs the Etymotic iems. I'll do a more detailed comparison later when my schedule, but I really don't think it's much of a contest. Where the Etys (stock filters) sounded forced and relatively anemic to me - especially the ER4S - the Rockets maintain integrity even where the ER4S fails. It manages to extract more detail than the ER4S without that godforsaken 2K spike known to infest the Ety line (
tongue.gif
). Plus there's actual bass. Damned good bass too.

As I was typing this, John Mayer's I'm Gonna Find Another You started playing. Oh my God. I've yet to hear a phone other than this that is so adept at using detail to create atmosphere and musicality. Most I've heard are either detail freaks, or they use boosted frequencies here and there to create a musical signature. The Rockets feel more like a drink of cool spring water.

I'm in love with the Rockets for the same reason I fell in love with the SR-009 when I first heard it. Transparency. There's nothing between me and my music, which makes me very happy. It's like you buy all this gear so that you don't hear any devices. The Rockets hit that for me. Of course, the SR-009 takes it to another level...but to get that from a tiny micro driver phone named and shaped like a rocket...it almost makes me sad.

Nov 21, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #2,186 of 3,454

Ah okay. I love the sound on my Tenores but was wanting something similar sound-wise and comfort-wise just with better build quality / quality control.

Nov 21, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #2,187 of 3,454
Actually I still have the DBA-02. I'll post some A/B comparisons tomorrow.

have you compare them sir ?

Ah okay. I love the sound on my Tenores but was wanting something similar sound-wise and comfort-wise just with better build quality / quality control.

they share some similiraties in sound signature. tenores have more bass quantity and more treble extension, to my ears the tenore is more fun than rockets. but then again, it depends on your preferences. comfort-wise i think the tenore is more comfortable. but their build quality is really bad

sorry for my poor english

Nov 21, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #2,188 of 3,454

Comparing now. The DBA is much brighter than the Rockets. Cymbals are more forward and have a much stronger bite. This brightness also affects vocals by accentuating "s" and "t" sounds and generally increasing sibilance.

Bass seems to have a bit more extension and emphasis on the Rockets, although the DBA isn't drastically different here.

The Rockets are definitely more linear overall to my ears, but the DBA is solid choice for anyone that likes a lot of sparkle. It's definitely too fatiguing and bright for my tastes nowadays though.

Man I am jamming to the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack right now.

I'm not in loooove....

Also eke I checked out that John Mayer song I'm gonna find another you. Good stuff. I couldn't be more sold on the Rockets. Just picked up HeroicPenguin's black pair lol. Give me all your Rockets!

Nov 21, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #2,189 of 3,454
Comparing now. The DBA is much brighter than the Rockets. Cymbals are more forward and have a much stronger bite. This brightness also affects vocals by accentuating "s" and "t" sounds and generally increasing sibilance.

Bass seems to have a bit more extension and emphasis on the Rockets, although the DBA isn't drastically different here.

The Rockets are definitely more linear overall to my ears, but the DBA is solid choice for anyone that likes a lot of sparkle. It's definitely too fatiguing and bright for my tastes nowadays though.

Man I am jamming to the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack right now.

I'm not in loooove....

Also eke I checked out that John Mayer song I'm gonna find another you. Good stuff. I couldn't be more sold on the Rockets. Just picked up HeroicPenguin's black pair lol. Give me all your Rockets!

Thanks for the comparison. I was going to get DBA02 before i decided to buy rockets, and now i think i have made the right decision :)

Nov 21, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #2,190 of 3,454

they share some similiraties in sound signature. tenores have more bass quantity and more treble extension, to my ears the tenore is more fun than rockets. but then again, it depends on your preferences. comfort-wise i think the tenore is more comfortable. but their build quality is really bad

sorry for my poor english

Yeah. Honestly, if it wasn't for the build quality, I'd be satisfied with my Tenore 100%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back