Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Nov 19, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #2,164 of 3,454
The Rockets have more detail everywhere than the HF5. The Rocket are actually slightly superior in the mids, in certain ways, to the ER4S in my listening with them, and the ER4S is the much bigger, older brother to the HF5. Check out my review for more comparisons:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/694117/aurisonics-rockets-impressions-thread/2040#post_11024547

Quote:
How do these conpare to Ety hf5's? I'm guessing slightly less detailed but better bass? I've never tried any so I'm not sure.

Nov 19, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #2,168 of 3,454
  I was hoping the golds were for sale.  Maybe they will add color choices later.. or maybe it was just a kickstarter thing.

It was just a KS thing. I'm almost certain that were it not for the color options, the Rockets' roll out would have been much smoother since they wouldn't have to juggle so many options. The golds are downright sexy though. I gave a pair of golds to a friend and sorta wish I'd kept it and gave him the blue instead lol

Nov 19, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #2,169 of 3,454
I've also had the HF5 for years, so I'm making comparisons in regards to them, too. ER4S sounds like a flatter, more extended, more detailed HF5 with more sound stage, and the Rocket is similarly more flat, more extended, and more detailed, and wider sounding than the HF5.

Quote:
  Hmm. Then again, the ER4S seem to be quite different from the hf5's... I haven't seen any direct comparison to the hf5's so far...

Thanks for your review, though! It help quite a bit.

Nov 19, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #2,170 of 3,454
Now for the two unlucky candidates that didn't make it to the podium, the Tenores and GR10 are both still great performers. The former fall just a tiny bit short in lower mids and bass quality imo, though I'll have to say that their treble is easily up there with the very best.

LOL, a US$50 IEM that can survive a battle with others that cost the three times more (or even more!), great!

Nov 19, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #2,172 of 3,454
Just got a new pair of black Rockets from elvergun. Thanks for the trade dude!

On first listen, I'm not hearing any differences between these and the white pair I sent to him. I've heard four pairs of Rockets overall so far, and I haven't been able to note any differences in sound between them. Using tones on this black cabled pair reveals the same small peak around 9.5k, and bass roll off starting around 45Hz or so. I may be getting a small 2-3dB dip around 7k, which I don't remember, but could definitely be due to fit variance. The rest of the FR is amazingly linear as previously reported. 

Build quality and sound consistency on the Rockets seems pretty awesome thus far. I've heard inconsistencies on other gear before, including the Tenore (obviously), GR07, and even HD800. I could be missing some small differences that others might be more sensitive to, but it's saying something that there are absolutely no obvious sound inconsistencies ime. 

Nov 20, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #2,174 of 3,454
Is there anyone that has the Rockets and is open to listening to a few K-Pop (Korean pop) tracks to tell me how they sound on them? Anyone that has or has owned the Tenore as well would be a bonus. PM me if you're open to trying this.

Thank you!

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #2,175 of 3,454
  Is there anyone that has the Rockets and is open to listening to a few K-Pop (Korean pop) tracks to tell me how they sound on them? Anyone that has or has owned the Tenore as well would be a bonus. PM me if you're open to trying this.

Thank you!

Link a video and I'll check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back