Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Jul 29, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #1,022 of 3,454
I asked Dale if he will be releasing the "sure seal plus" tips in sizes other than medium. The "sure seal" small, regular medium, and large tips are shaped like the usual flair. The "sure seal plus" ones resemble the tips on the kickstarter page.

Jul 29, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #1,023 of 3,454
Encouraging to hear all the positive feedback on these, especially given that this crowd (at least the ASG-2 guys) are pretty firmly established anti-hype crusaders. Blue looks great, can't wait to actually get my grubby paws on these suckers!!

Anybody tried sleeping or lying down with these (on your side)? I've held out hope that these will be the bedtime IEMs I've been wanting for a while, and I'm concerned that the deep insertion of the ER-4PT would actually emerge out of my other ear if I tried side-sleeping with them...

Jul 29, 2014 at 6:24 AM Post #1,024 of 3,454
  Encouraging to hear all the positive feedback on these, especially given that this crowd (at least the ASG-2 guys) are pretty firmly established anti-hype crusaders. Blue looks great, can't wait to actually get my grubby paws on these suckers!!

Anybody tried sleeping or lying down with these (on your side)? I've held out hope that these will be the bedtime IEMs I've been wanting for a while, and I'm concerned that the deep insertion of the ER-4PT would actually emerge out of my other ear if I tried side-sleeping with them...

I did on my bed and did not feel any discomfort. 

Jul 29, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #1,025 of 3,454
I asked Dale if he will be releasing the "sure seal plus" tips in sizes other than medium. The "sure seal" small, regular medium, and large tips are shaped like the usual flair. The "sure seal plus" ones resemble the tips on the kickstarter page.

Actually there are 2 sets. The other bag came outside the tin box. Check inside the box it came in.

Found them! I had to search areas near where the box was torn open lol. Thanks.

Good to know about the tips. Yea, the sure seal plus were a bit big at first so I switched them out. I'll give them another try.

Aurisonics to maintain the target sound, were these meant for deeper or more shallow insertion? Of course it could be negligible too.

Jul 29, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #1,026 of 3,454
Jul 29, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #1,027 of 3,454
Found them! I had to search areas near where the box was torn open lol. Thanks.

Good to know about the tips. Yea, the sure seal plus were a bit big at first so I switched them out. I'll give them another try.

@Aurisonics to maintain the target sound, were these meant for deeper or more shallow insertion? Of course it could be negligible too.

Dale recommended pushing the tabs toward the tips to ensure a better seal. It definitely helps. I am going back between the plus tips and the regular small ones until they release the plus ones in small.

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #1,029 of 3,454
I'm VERY glad I stuck with white cross hatch. The black imo, while others may like it and not taking anything away from their purchase, look horrible. Very plasticky and stiff. I will say I like the red and blue rings on the back though

Think matte plastic vs glossy plastic. The black isn't really stiffer but it's got a roughish matte feel to it vs the smooth glossy feel the white has.
  hmm, not a super huge fan of the red/blue o-rings and the red on the cable cinch. really wish the original plan for the black cable with the crosshatch had worked out now, but oh well. as long as they sound great i suppose i can overlook them not being the most fashionable iems in the world, haha.

It doesn't exist... even if it does you wouldn't want it. Trust me on that.

I use mine in bed all the time.

They have 6 sizes but the other 2 sizes are for people with abnormally large or small ears. Well according to Dale that is.

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #1,030 of 3,454

Hmm the old overmolding doesn't look as bad on pics as I thought it would. Took these about 2 minutes ago. But you guys see how it has a chalky sandblasted texture right? VS the smooth texture you guys have on your overmolds and vs the texture on the slider. I really should find a better lens for these closeup shots.

By the way, I noticed the SureSeal tips tend to mold to the general shape of your ears after a bit of use. My ear canals are a bit ovular and it seems like my tip is taking on that shape after using them for a while.

Jul 29, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #1,032 of 3,454
I have to say, I'm a little annoyed with the Internatinal shipping that I paid a premium $30 extra for. It says it's USPS priority Internatinal but mine shipped on the 23rd, left Nashville on the 24th with no other tracking updates until today, the 29th, when tracking showed it arriving in Miami, FL. 5 days to make it that far which is also in almost the opposite direction to where I live is pretty pathetic. At this rate I might get them in a couple of weeks.

Jul 29, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #1,033 of 3,454
I have to say, I'm a little annoyed with the Internatinal shipping that I paid a premium $30 extra for. It says it's USPS priority Internatinal but mine shipped on the 23rd, left Nashville on the 24th with no other tracking updates until today, the 29th, when tracking showed it arriving in Miami, FL. 5 days to make it that far which is also in almost the opposite direction to where I live is pretty pathetic. At this rate I might get them in a couple of weeks.

That might actually be the case. International shipping with the US has never been good for me either.

Jul 29, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #1,034 of 3,454
That might actually be the case. International shipping with the US has never been good for me either.

It depends on the method used, USPS has some pretty slow methods but having paid an extra $30 for what should be a fairly small package, I expected air mail with delivery in 5 - 7 business days but 5 days to get from Nashville to Miami would suggest it's coming via ground.

Jul 29, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #1,035 of 3,454
It depends on the method used, USPS has some pretty slow methods but having paid an extra $30 for what should be a fairly small package, I expected air mail with delivery in 5 - 7 business days but 5 days to get from Nashville to Miami would suggest it's coming via ground.

Also, quick FYI in case you didn't know, after the package leaves the US the tracker switches over to Canada Post so you won't get any further notifications from the USPS tracker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back