Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Feb 25, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #767 of 3,454
Great.... I finally give these a serious look. But since I took my sweet time, I've missed the Kickstarter campaign 
frown.gif

Feb 25, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #769 of 3,454
When I first saw the pic on my phone, I thought I liked the standard better. After looking at it more closely on my monitor, I think I like the TiN grey best, although the standard looks sharp too. The blue looks pretty great, although I'm not a fan of the bit of green I see in the reflections on it. Still going to look good though, I bet :wink:

Can't wait to get these!! Going to sleep listening to the Meelectronics A151, which is nowhere close to being a reasonable substitute for the IE8s I sold... I'm guessing these will fill the gap quite nicely!

Feb 27, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #770 of 3,454
Aurisonics, any idea where the mic will be located?  I ask because on IEMs this small, I'm worried that with a metal mic, putting it anywhere but right at the Y-connector will make the weight pull at one ear.

Thanks

Feb 28, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #771 of 3,454
  Aurisonics, any idea where the mic will be located?  I ask because on IEMs this small, I'm worried that with a metal mic, putting it anywhere but right at the Y-connector will make the weight pull at one ear.

Thanks

Your best bet is to ask this question over at the kickstarter comments page. Dale frequents those comments more often. He has been doing a good job of answering questions pertaining to the cable.

Mar 2, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #772 of 3,454
Fell asleep listening to my ASG-2s from DX50 and UHA-6S MkII and woke up laying on top of one side of my G-2s, meaning I have to rejigger the memory wire to fit correctly. Cannot WAIT to have my Rockets here to use while drifting off...

Mar 3, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #773 of 3,454
Damnit why my ears and hands always get so itchy for an upgrade before an imminent huge release!! Have to wait till May and June before reviews start trickling in.. So looooooong a wait... Don't think I can last that long...

Mar 19, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #775 of 3,454
"Just waiting on an update from the wire manufacturer. We should have an update in the next couple of days. Thanks to everyone for their patience. We are ready to start shipping but waiting for cable still." - Dale

Mar 23, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #777 of 3,454
I kind of regretted ordering the Rockets with the mic option. I'm beginning to accept that 6 months on average is the "realistic" timeframe for these types of projects. I just hope when I've received it, whatever I receive is the final and customer grade version, and not some rush "let's get this out the door" version,  only to discover there are subsequent upgrade/improvements with said product.

Mar 29, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #778 of 3,454
Didn't see where anybody had posted the video of the cable "stress test", so here you go: Aurisonics Rockets cable test

Obviously, I wish these hadn't been delayed, but I think AS is handling it the right way (keeping in contact with customers, explaining what is going on), and I'm still as excited as ever about getting my hands on a set! 

Mar 29, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #780 of 3,454
Agreed. Wholeheartedly. Also makes for a pretty interesting sales pitch: "yeah, it sounds great, very small, stays in the ears well, great for working out... and you can use it to hook up a car stuck in a snow drift to the back of a dump truck for easy extraction." Pretty sure none of my other IEMs can say that. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back