Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Jan 19, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #376 of 3,454

• You keep boasting about the durability of the Rockets. A short warranty indicates that you are not really confident in that respect. Commercial decisions speak louder than words -- and louder even than a smashing video.

They already said they just recycled their ASG series (which is obviously much more fragile) warranty for now.  The product is not done or else they couldn't put it on kickstarter.  Before a true warranty decision gets made by a company they get finished products, usually off of production tooling, and go through stress testing to determine when/where they fail.  Until Aurisonics is able to do this you can't make the generalization that their warranty directly speaks to the quality of the product.

I'm reminded of a great quote  "they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of $h**. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me."

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #377 of 3,454
 They already said they just recycled their ASG series (which is obviously much more fragile) warranty for now.  The product is not done or else they couldn't put it on kickstarter.  Before a true warranty decision gets made by a company they get finished products, usually off of production tooling, and go through stress testing to determine when/where they fail.  Until Aurisonics is able to do this you can't make the generalization that their warranty directly speaks to the quality of the product.

I'm reminded of a great quote  "[COLOR=333333]they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of $h**. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me."[/COLOR]

Damn I love that movie and as I read sinocelt"s comments I was actually thinking of that exact comment from Tommy Boy. "I can get a good look at a T bone by sticking my head up a bulls ***** but I'd rather take the butchers word for it" is another favorite of mine.

But you know Sinocelt has a good point about perception of quality based on what we as a company will do to show we believe in our product. So we will put an update out on warranty as soon as we can get it done correctly.

Jonnio thank you for your comments and movie quotes.

Jan 19, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #378 of 3,454
I'm not sure if everyone saw this thread where the ASG-1s are said to be superior to the Rockets, the difference being mainly in the soundstage:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/697768/aurisonics-a-short-review-after-playing-with-the-as-1-as-2-and-the-new-rockets

Maybe the link should be added in this thread's 1st post if possible so that Shotgunshane is not the only one people rely on to decide whether to buy these or not.

Jan 19, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #380 of 3,454
  Well, this should make some folks very happy

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1285259404/aurisonics-rockets-next-gen-iems-made-in-usa/posts/724141

Hm...  Interstate 4...  Hm...  Rockets...  Hm...  Dragging...  Hm...  Dale, you just gave me a great idea! 

I'm not sure if everyone saw this thread where the ASG-1s are said to be superior to the Rockets, the difference being mainly in the soundstage:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/697768/aurisonics-a-short-review-after-playing-with-the-as-1-as-2-and-the-new-rockets

Maybe the link should be added in this thread's 1st post if possible so that Shotgunshane is not the only one people rely on to decide whether to buy these or not.

I'll be making this comparison when I get the Rockets. 

Jan 19, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #381 of 3,454
Wow, Dale drops the Tommy Boy line AND puts the warranty on the box!
Aurisonics 1 - Zalinsky 0

I was actually thinking Tommy Boy lines as i was reading the last pages of this thread too.

Jan 19, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #382 of 3,454
The warranty looks great!
But I'm hoping the cost of repair isn't exactly 50% of the retail price of a whole new unit? Replacement wise 50% off is great, but assuming the problem is just the cable or the driver, I'm sure it doesn't take $125 to replace that part?

Jan 19, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #383 of 3,454
Wow, Dale drops the Tommy Boy line AND puts the warranty on the box!
Aurisonics 1 - Zalinsky 0

I was actually thinking Tommy Boy lines as i was reading the last pages of this thread too.

LOL -- I was reading that Kickstarter post going...I hope this doesn't mean we are buying a guaranteed piece of $h@#   :)

Jan 19, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #384 of 3,454
But I'm hoping the cost of repair isn't exactly 50% of the retail price of a whole new unit? Replacement wise 50% off is great, but assuming the problem is just the cable or the driver, I'm sure it doesn't take $125 to replace that part?

This is gonna be an uphill battle...

Jan 19, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #385 of 3,454
Jan 19, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #386 of 3,454
Lol you guys need to stop ridin AS. I think the warranty is exceptionally good. As a guy who's owned phones like the K3003, 1P2 and FitEar 334, you're not gonna get anything even resembling what AS is offering, so the heartache of losing a kilobuck investment is that much harder to stomach.

Jan 19, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #390 of 3,454

The 50% is only if you break the warranty (abuse, modifications, past 5 years, etc.).  Within 5 years, if you don't abuse them and they do go out, then the replacement is free (not including warranty).  At least that's what it read like.  If you do break warranty, or pass the 5 year mark, it'll cost 125 dollars to replace.  Technically, they don't have to replace it after the warranty period (or warranty voided), but they are offering the opportunity to at a great discount. 

This warranty and replacement plan is more than generous on the side of the manufacturer.  You really can't ask for much more than this. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back