Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Dec 31, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #91 of 3,454
  Same actual nozzle diameter as our ASG series so the larger comply tips should work no problem. Will get them certified for comply tips soon also if you want to use foam. Tips you have used in the past may say silicon but may not actually be depending on where they were manufactured. Ours are medical grade real silicon.

Thanks for the reply. I gather by larger Comply you mean the T400 and 500 series?

I've tried an awful lot of IEM tips during my many years on Head-Fi, the only ones that don't seem to bother me are foam based but if I get a pair of Rockets I'll give the included tips a try to see how I get along with them.

Dec 31, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #93 of 3,454
  This IEM is sounding just about ideal for gym use.  Small and strong with cables that will last.  What kind of isolation can we expect?

Plenty of isolation. All will depend on eartip used. Gentleman just left here after trying ROCKETS, ASG-1 and ASG-2, and commented that isolation was better on ROCKETS than the ASG series. Terry Bradshaw tried ROCKETS yesterday here at the office and he said they will be perfect for use around a lot of noise and on a flight and small enough to sleep with them in the ears with no problem. He is a really cool guy. Got fitted for a set of pimped AS-2 which he plans to wear during his superbowl commentary.

Dec 31, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #94 of 3,454
Terry Bradshaw? Wow. Pimp. AS going for the big time.

Dec 31, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #95 of 3,454
...We custom made the internal strain relief that is crimped with a Military style four way crimp onto three layers of Kevlar in the cable. One Kevlar layer is also pinned beside the driver internally to add an additional layer of strength. The exit of the cable is highly chamfered to keep any stress on the cable when bent to an extreme angle...

Thanks for inadvertently answering my question regarding the design of the cable exit for longevity in such detail.

Answering questions midday on New Years Eve. Crazy stuff Dale. I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say it's much appreciated.

Dec 31, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #96 of 3,454
Terry Bradshaw? Wow. Pimp. AS going for the big time.

Yea that's awesome. I'm gonna look out for that. Then I'm gonna point it out to people and bust out the G-2 lol.

Dec 31, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #97 of 3,454

Thanks for the reply. I gather by larger Comply you mean the T400 and 500 series?

I've tried an awful lot of IEM tips during my many years on Head-Fi, the only ones that don't seem to bother me are foam based but if I get a pair of Rockets I'll give the included tips a try to see how I get along with them.

Yes larger ones.

Dec 31, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #98 of 3,454
Thanks for inadvertently answering my question regarding the design of the cable exit for longevity in such detail.

Answering questions midday on New Years Eve. Crazy stuff Dale. I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say it's much appreciated.

You are most welcome. "Find a job you love and you will never work another day..."  Happy New Years to everyone! 2014 Is going to be awesome!

Dec 31, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #99 of 3,454
May we ask what kind of sound signature these will have (assuming it hasnt been addressed. If so, sorry!)

It has been asked already, but hasn't yet been answered.

Same actual nozzle diameter as our ASG series so the larger comply tips should work no problem.

All Comply tips are too small for my ears. I hope you will offer bigger tips among your selection. Most "large" tips (all but Future Sonics's) are too small for me -- and not just for me, of course. It's a shame that most companies decide that "if our tip selection fits 95% of people, then that's enough" and let the 5% left unable to use their IEMs.

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #100 of 3,454

It has been asked already, but hasn't yet been answered.

All Comply tips are too small for my ears. I hope you will offer bigger tips among your selection. Most "large" tips (all but Future Sonics's) are too small for me -- and not just for me, of course. It's a shame that most companies decide that "if our tip selection fits 95% of people, then that's enough" and let the 5% left unable to use their IEMs.

We are still deciding on the tuning but the majority who have heard them lean towards the slightly brighter tuning with the more accurate bass. This is the second set Shotgunshane reported as his preference.

Sinocelt is the picture of the CIEMs yours (your avatar)? If so I see what you mean and understand why you need the larger tips. Do you have some ear impressions you could send us for adding them to our digital library of ears. Updating the digital model we have helps to ensure proper sizes and fit. I think on our facebook page you will see a picture of some hearing aid molds we made for the tallest guy in the world. I did not add that one to our model BTW.

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #101 of 3,454
  We are still deciding on the tuning but the majority who have heard them lean towards the slightly brighter tuning with the more accurate bass. This is the second set Shotgunshane reported as his preference.

Interesting. I recognize my needs are not most people's, but I'm always on the lookout for a true reference sound in a tiny package. While I like the ER4 (P/S), I must admit I don't hear it as quite neutral: The lower register is understated enough to make voices sound a little thin, while on the other hand the highs are emphasized.

Sinocelt is the picture of the CIEMs yours (your avatar)? If so I see what you mean and understand why you need the larger tips. Do you have some ear impressions you could send us for adding them to our digital library of ears.

The ones I have are years old, I fear, and have already been smoothed to serve as base for customs. For the 4.A pictured in my avatar, the Wizard said he needed between 2x and 3x the average amount of acrylic. I'm not that tall (6 feet) and my ears don't look especially big from the outside, but my ear canals put the Great Canyon to shame.

Here's my 4.A close to the universal 4.Ai:

I should point out that, though the 4.A and 4.Ai use the same drivers, I didn't hear them as even similar.

Updating the digital model we have helps to ensure proper sizes and fit. I think on our facebook page you will see a picture of some hearing aid molds we made for the tallest guy in the world. I did not add that one to our model BTW.

Darn.
tongue.gif

I went and had a look. Either the hand is very small, or the guy's ear is indeed pretty big!

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #102 of 3,454

Sinocelt is the picture of the CIEMs yours (your avatar)? If so I see what you mean and understand why you need the larger tips. Do you have some ear impressions you could send us for adding them to our digital library of ears. Updating the digital model we have helps to ensure proper sizes and fit. I think on our facebook page you will see a picture of some hearing aid molds we made for the tallest guy in the world. I did not add that one to our model BTW.

That sound promising. 

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #103 of 3,454

Interesting. I recognize my needs are not most people's, but I'm always on the lookout for a true reference sound in a tiny package. While I like the ER4 (P/S), I must admit I don't hear it as quite neutral: The lower register is understated enough to make voices sound a little thin, while on the other hand the highs are emphasized.

</clip>

I should point out that, though the 4.A and 4.Ai use the same drivers, I didn't hear them as even similar.

Darn.
tongue.gif

I went and had a look. Either the hand is very small, or the guy's ear is indeed pretty big!

I do like a neutral sound as well.  The issue is that a true neutral sound does exactly what you state it does.  Vocals will sound thinner as bass is thinner in general.  This is why a warm (slightly bumped bass) is preferred by a lot of audiophiles.  I also feel that it could also be the compression done in the recording that is making things sound thinner and brighter.  

OT: Tyll didn't hear the 4.A and 4.Ai the same either...  

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #104 of 3,454

The ones I have are years old, I fear, and have already been smoothed to serve as base for customs. For the 4.A pictured in my avatar, the Wizard said he needed between 2x and 3x the average amount of acrylic. I'm not that tall (6 feet) and my ears don't look especially big from the outside, but my ear canals put the Great Canyon to shame.

Here's my 4.A close to the universal 4.Ai:

Darn.
tongue.gif

The guys ears were crazy big! Like elephant sized, well baby elephant...

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #105 of 3,454

I do like a neutral sound as well.  The issue is that a true neutral sound does exactly what you state it does.  Vocals will sound thinner as bass is thinner in general.  This is why a warm (slightly bumped bass) is preferred by a lot of audiophiles.  I also feel that it could also be the compression done in the recording that is making things sound thinner and brighter.  

OT: Tyll didn't hear the 4.A and 4.Ai the same either...  

To me ROCKETS are as well balanced as I have personally ever heard and of course I wanted them to sound that way. The new 5.1mm micro-dynamic is pretty amazing. While they don't invigorate you like the ASG-2 does they are smooth like a fine aged scotch. You can savor the well balanced sound all day without getting tired of it. I am listening to them now and very happy...

It is rare that a custom and non-custom version of something sounds the same. It has a lot to do with air volume change in the canal and occlusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back