Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
Feb 28, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #1,096 of 2,761

Quote:
This thread needs to calm down.

In any case, I'm still awaiting mine to arrive.

Probably would be the first pair in Australia.

I'll compare them side by side with my favourite GR07, but will look at my listening notes that I've compiled over the years versus some mid to top tier IEMs.

why calm down.
I like to move it, move it...i like to move it move it. Dun dun dun dun! (a song)

And me First pair in france.
international Love - Chris brown.

Quote:
If your waiting for the second batch like me it shall be a race sir!

You win :frowning2:

Quote:
^Candidates for Aurisonics: The Amazing Race thread
biggrin.gif

haha

Feb 28, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #1,098 of 2,761

Quote:
If your waiting for the second batch like me it shall be a race sir!

I got mine shipped already. Its just race against the postage  :)

I'll let you know how long does Auspost take. They can be quite a pain sometimes, randomly deciding to hold onto a parcel for weeks.

The parcel left the States last week.

Feb 28, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #1,103 of 2,761
Just placed a order for these through RDM Singapore, really looking forward to my first higher-end dynamic! :)

Feb 28, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #1,104 of 2,761

Quote:
Honestly, I was the exact same way. Disappointment was definitely one of the biggest feelings I had when I first listened to them. But after a week of using these, I'm absolutely in love and I can't go back to anything else I own. Just give them a little bit of time to burn in (the bass and sub-bass really opens up) and let your ears get used to the sound. I say don't rule them out until you've given them a good weeks worth of listening.

Maybe I was too quick to pass judgement.  Glad you love them. 

Feb 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #1,105 of 2,761
Feb 28, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #1,106 of 2,761
I have been a believer in driver burn in but I'm just now starting to understand brain burn in.  Post ASG-1 I bought EX600s and also did not like them, but a week later I am learning to appreciate them.  I would give the ASG-1 another try BUT drooling over the AS-2/ASG-2 so I'll wait it out and try again.

Feb 28, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #1,108 of 2,761
How long have you burned them in for? I let them burn in overnight and gave them a quick listen this morning and I didn't notice any changes.

Quote:
Honestly, I was the exact same way. Disappointment was definitely one of the biggest feelings I had when I first listened to them. But after a week of using these, I'm absolutely in love and I can't go back to anything else I own. Just give them a little bit of time to burn in (the bass and sub-bass really opens up) and let your ears get used to the sound. I say don't rule them out until you've given them a good weeks worth of listening.

What attributes are improving for you?

Quote:
I honestly hated these out of the (otter)box.  I still haven't formulated a final opinion, but I can certainly confirm they are improving.

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #1,109 of 2,761
Where can I find the differences or can someone explain the differences between the ASG-1, ASG-2, AS-2, and AS-1b?? I currently own the W4 and was considering the PFE232, but this price point and some of the stellar reviews make this deal too hard to overlook.

Also, if anyone could, please tell me how these sound at very low listening levels. The majority of the time I listen to IEMs, I am out of the house and/or studying. So my volume levels are usually low.

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #1,110 of 2,761

Quote:
So, any conclusion as to how Europeans get their hands on these the cheapest?

Well the only way is to either go straight through them - and pray that customs don't catch em on their way in (near impossible)
meaning a HEFTY customs/import duty will be charged.

Or go through someone you know or trust in the US to buy them for you, then post them over.
(you are risking the item being lost though, as it will be sent as a gift)

Or wait for someone in the EU not to like them.

Quote:
Where can I find the differences or can someone explain the differences between the ASG-1, ASG-2, AS-2, and AS-1b?? I currently own the W4 and was considering the PFE232, but this price point and some of the stellar reviews make this deal too hard to overlook.

Also, if anyone could, please tell me how these sound at very low listening levels. The majority of the time I listen to IEMs, I am out of the house and/or studying. So my volume levels are usually low.

1. ASG-1 is the universal fit earphones
2. ASG-2 is not out yet and shouldn't really be talked about. Dale, the director at Aurisonics stated that the ASG-2's might come out in summer or even later after its been tested by their musicians and used (liked) by them.
For previous ASG-1 owners it will be an upgrade option available. The ASG-2's will have a dual driver, one being 15mm the other 10mm in the same sheel (unconfirmed, but assumed, seeing as ASG-1 owners can upgrade)

3. AS-2 will be the "upgrade" to the AS-1.
The AS-1 is like the ASG-1 but instead of being UNIVERSAL its based on CUSTOM ears

4. AS-1b is just like the AS-1 but has an adjustable bass port

So in short:
AS-x = Custom-made earphones
ASG-x = UNIVERSAL earphones

1's of the models have been released
2's of the models have not been released and won't be available till Q3 of this year.

Some more info about the AS-1 models:
http://www.aurisonics.com/media/AurisonicsAS-1.pdf

If you don't want to download 4.5mb: In short:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back