Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
Feb 21, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #752 of 2,761
in need of more AS-1b reviews. the wait is killing me. 
frown.gif

Feb 21, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #754 of 2,761

Quote:
The thing is that when shipping is 1/3 the price of earphones itself you are starting to think if it really worth it :) As for me, I don't need any insurance, tracking number etc... Just priority mail shipping for 13.95$ as I remember.

Yeah...due to shipping price, unless someone from the US can help us out, then I won't be interested

Quote:
Too risky from the US, believe me.

True

Quote:
I certainly don't recommend anyone to ship overseas without adding insurance and some kind of delivery confirmation/registration.
When a package gets lost or damage, and it does happen in real life, then remember the responsibility is always the on the seller's side, not the buyer! 

Again agreed.

That said:
PFE 112's insured from UK to AUSTRALIA = £10 
If I insured up to £500 = £15

Thus why $50 is a little outrageous for shipping charges.
I understand the principal of having them as widespread as available.
But how can you "widen" your spread of knowledge in the product, when you are offering $50 shipping outside the US.

Look this isn't a rant.
But please don't take "international love" by chris brown and say that's "international" when the guy sings about different states in the US....

Feb 21, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #755 of 2,761
every post office is different (i get random quotes all the time), some people will help you find the cheapest yet safest way to ship an item, others will just not care and give you a standardized method of shipping (usually the expensive ones) for the peace of mind. I guess the quote that Matt/Dale got was something similar to standardized which is normal. Anyhow, it is possible to ship it for slightly cheaper but shipping internationally was already a Plus for oversea users so be thankful. I was just a bit shocked that shipping to France was cheaper than shipping to Canada.

I have a feeling there will be a very long relationship with Aurisonics in the future (upgrades, duals
biggrin.gif
) so its all good.

To Matt or Dale - Please consider having customizable faceplates for the ASG-1. (more designs, colours options, so users can just screw/unscrew it on their own without sending it back Aurisonics) Oh my god, i can dream changing the faceplates everyday haha. 

Feb 21, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #756 of 2,761

Quote:
Guys this is kind of silly, people getting all fussy over shipping. If you don't have the money, or don't want it badly enough, don't buy it. As someone already posted a page or two back, they are only charging standard rates from USPS. Nobody can complain about that. They are already giving us an INSANE deal on what are obviously some of, if not THE, top universals on the market. Anyone here who is complaining about shipping...I'm sorry, its just absurdly foolish and I almost feel embarrassed when I think about how great Matt and Dale have been in dealing with us.
Bottom line: buy the phones or don't, either way quit WHINING.

X2

Feb 21, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #757 of 2,761
Matt is sick for the day so I ended up ordering with Jade. Very nice dude. Got the headfi discount. I suggest guys jump on if they want to get a pair as the prices will go up.

So I asked to see if these can be upgraded to a dual driver set up. There is not real word on if these can incorporate a 2nd driver. He seems to think it will be a new housing all together a new design. The upgrade ability would be more along the line of cords and shell designs more so than actual driver placement But the outer shell can be taken out for a different add on so it will be interesting to see if these can be upgraded in the future.. Next week they will send out my ASG-1.

@eric. I was considering getting the a new Sony XBA 3 or 4 but your post got my interest with these instead. I think I made the better buy. Very excited to get my hands on these.

Feb 21, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #758 of 2,761

Quote:

To Matt or Dale - Please consider having customizable faceplates for the ASG-1. (more designs, colours options, so users can just screw/unscrew it on their own without sending it back Aurisonics) Oh my god, i can dream changing the faceplates everyday haha. 

If memory serves, Dale already mentioned that the AS-2/ASG-2 should have faceplates and other customizations (someone please verify)

Feb 21, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #759 of 2,761

Quote:
Guys this is kind of silly, people getting all fussy over shipping. If you don't have the money, or don't want it badly enough, don't buy it. As someone already posted a page or two back, they are only charging standard rates from USPS. Nobody can complain about that. They are already giving us an INSANE deal on what are obviously some of, if not THE, top universals on the market. Anyone here who is complaining about shipping...I'm sorry, its just absurdly foolish and I almost feel embarrassed when I think about how great Matt and Dale have been in dealing with us.
Bottom line: buy the phones or don't, either way quit WHINING.

+1

Spot on mate. I believe you are talking about my earlier post that standard USPS charges are being used by SpringTree.

I think no one with good sense should contemplate cheaper delivery without tracking/insurance unless they want to gamble against $199 dollars or so.

Presently the product is heavily discounted around 40% off RRP - making delivery free in a way.

My advice would be if you are seriously interested in these phones & can afford to buy them jump  on now. It's a no brainer.

It will be a lot wiser to do so sooner than later when the discount has gone & you will still have to pay the same international delivery rate on top.

Worst case scenario $299+$52+Customs Tax = Extra BIG Ouch !

In my opinion this moaning about US delivery rates has nothing to do with Aurisonics or Springtree & we should move back to the subject of thread..  .

Quote:
Originally Posted by archy121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

"Please, sir, I want some more."

Feb 21, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #760 of 2,761

Quote:
It will be a lot wiser to do so sooner than later when the discount has gone & you will still have to pay the same international delivery rate on top.

Or if you weren't going to buy them in the first place, but due to the "discount" it came to your attention -> me
But after finding out about the shipping charge, you seem to kindly decline -> me

Thus the earphones not going on youtube channel, gaining views and popularity, 2 website, nor impressions on head-fi
Not bragging, but that's just the hard truth :)

Feb 21, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #761 of 2,761
RE: all the comments about shipping, I totally agree with Gilly87. 

I hold Matt/Springtree and Dale/Aurisonics in the highest regard, and, as a Head-Fi member, I feel that they've fostered an extremely positive relationship with the Head-Fi community, including superb responsiveness, kindness, and generosity.

The shipping issue seems petty to me (My stance would be exactly the same if I didn't live in the United States).

Just think about the performance/price ratio they're offering with the ASG-1, even with international shipping.  I consider us very fortunate.

I'd like to express my thanks to Matt & Springtree and Dale & Aurisonics.

Feb 21, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #763 of 2,761

Quote:
It was $10 just from Massachusetts to Michigan from Priority Mail with Insurance for the ASG-1 I sold.  USPS really get's expensive once you add insurance, it was 40% of the shipping cost.

why you sell your ASG-1 so early?

Feb 21, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #765 of 2,761
Thx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back