Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
Feb 20, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #646 of 2,761
After testing all the Sony 13.5mm to 16mm dynamic driver line, I'm under the impression that these bigger drivers do change alot with burn-in, so its no surprise if the ASG-1 need 100+ hours to reveal their true potential. But you got me a bit scared at first with the absence of bass, jaysins. lol :D

Feb 20, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #647 of 2,761
I would think that absence of bass has to do with poor tips choice or jaysins not having as good of a seal as he thought he did. I never tried the stock tips because most people who tried the ASG-1 before me - with stock tips - stated it was lacking bass. Knowing the characteristics of these type of drivers, I figured it would need a silicon tips that was thicker, firmer and full enough to create a good seal in the ear canal. The stock tips didn't feel that way to me, so I immediately went for the double flanges and the bass was there (massive amounts) right away.

Feb 20, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #648 of 2,761

Try the MEEL 11 IEM tips. Those are definitely the right size for the ASG-1
Quote:
hey Idsynchrono_24,

which model of the Meelectronic eartips will the ASG-1 fit in? Any model will do or specific model? Might as well order directly from the website for a full range of tips.

Feb 20, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #653 of 2,761
Thats a VERY good price for what they offer. Will see if I can order them tomorrow or so. Will sell one of my UM3X RC first as my studio is going to move from the UM3X to the ASG-1's as studio monitors : )

Feb 20, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #654 of 2,761
apparently it's a federal holiday in USA today. Dale said he will be shipping to me by overnight UPS and will top up the extra costs himself. 
redface.gif
 excellent customer service I'd say. 

hope i get it soon before i leave singapore this coming weekend!

Feb 20, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #655 of 2,761
apparently it's a federal holiday in USA today. Dale said he will be shipping to me by overnight UPS and will top up the extra costs himself. 
redface.gif
 excellent customer service I'd say. 

hope i get it soon before i leave singapore this coming weekend!

Yes, it is a holiday here as far as mail is concerned. Very nice of Dale to go above and beyond for you!

By the way, I can attest to how well these things take an EQ. Using Rockbox with a quality EQ on board, you can go up by 6dB or so in the bass region without negative effects. The driver sounds happy to oblige, and the result is very natural sounding. Personally it is too much but the option is there for some people. I find flat EQ very pleasing, or maybe just adding 2dB or so.

Feb 20, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #657 of 2,761
You have to e-mail Matt and ask specifically for the discount. He can process a credit card order over the phone, and he also accepts PayPal.

matt@springtree.net

Quote:
Does it have a wide soundstage? Are there any people listening to dnb with these?
Why doesn't "END OF MONTH" code apply when I'm about to checkout?

Feb 20, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #660 of 2,761

Quote:
hey Idsynchrono_24,

which model of the Meelectronic eartips will the ASG-1 fit in? Any model will do or specific model? Might as well order directly from the website for a full range of tips.

The large, original Meelectronics tips will fit these. Honestly, any sort of Sony hybrid derivative will fit these, it's a pretty generic sized aperture on the tip

Quote:
After testing all the Sony 13.5mm to 16mm dynamic driver line, I'm under the impression that these bigger drivers do change alot with burn-in, so its no surprise if the ASG-1 need 100+ hours to reveal their true potential. But you got me a bit scared at first with the absence of bass, jaysins. lol :D

I'm not usually a believer in burn-in, mostly chalking it up to placebo or brain burn in, but these have seemed to have gotten smoother in the time I've left them playing, and the bass definitely seems to have improved, where they seemed pretty anemic at first. And yes, I did get a perfect seal the first time I put them in. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back