Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
Mar 2, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #1,248 of 2,761
Quote:
Its been two days. They're burned in for almost 40 hours. If I'm not listening to them, they're just playing music.

They still sound like the band or orchestra are performing in a medium sized cave... 

Listening notes are:

Still the hollow presentation lingers, but I think I've grown accustomed to it. So yes the soundspace it creates is very artificial, very hollow, like listening to monitor speakers in an empty brand new square apartment space. This feeling comes and go with different recordings and different tracks. I'm pretty sure I'm not comfortable with it.

Vocal imaging still appears to be coming from slightly at the back of my head, right behind my ears, towards my neck.

Bass is incredible. There is great power and slam to it. totally different from SM3 or GR07 or the lot. Sometimes when the track calls for it, your head actually feels the slam. such power, but all well controlled. I've never encountered such power since the JH16. The JH16 of course has much better control, detail but even it does not slam and move air this well. thats what a 15mm driver with bores the size of my nostrils can do. 

Treble is aggressive and edgy for a dynamic, comparatively the the GR07 is alot smoother. Very little sparkle, but yet edgy. Zero fatigue issues.

Detail is great and it tries very hard to be honest and reveal as much but nowhere close to a top armature IEM like say the Sony XBA-4. Still, this is one of the crispier, clearer dynamic drivers ive heard.

Mids do not get left behind and keeps up with the aggressiveness of the treble and bass. vocal frequencies are pushed very forward, almost squishing them into your face (or in this case, the back of my ears, where they image). A good trait of a vocal stage monitor. The mids are a touch drier and cooler than the GR07 or SM3 but not cracklingly dry like the TF10.

Attack is great, a hair's breadth faster than the GR07 but the decay is kinda muddled by a second voice or sonic response caused by the echoey presentation. The performance in a cave effect. Sometimes I think, is this decay or just delayed soundwaves that are bounced off from the 'cave'.

Isolation is on par with the Westone UM1 and UM2. In otherwords, scary. The world totally disappears. I missed my bus for I had no idea it came and went off...   The girlfriend is also pissed at me because shes been talking to me for half an hour yet I'm whistling to aerosmith. I'm sleeping on the floor tonight BTW. The GR07 does not isolate anywhere near as well, even with a deeper longer nozzle and insertion.

Comfort is okay. Fits like a glove but they're large and they do make themselves present in your ears, especially when lying on a pillow. Else, they do not disappear but are not obtrusive at all. They also stay in place very well, even when running at full speed, as I was, chasing the bus.

Cables are not free of microphonics, but very little is present, not enuff to annoy.

The otterbox is a nice touch but I have not opened them again lol.

Conclusion? I'll let these 'burn' in for another few days and see how it goes. I doubt they'll improve much. Overall, they have an incredible sound, but the presentation bothers me. I've had such high hopes for these beasts. But I wont give up on them yet.

For now, I'm gonna treat my tired ears to my Edition 8 LEs

This is a pretty good description of the sound.

Mar 2, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #1,249 of 2,761

Quote:
I have some more testing to do before I send around my ASG-1 for people to try out. But when I do, you can be sure that I want to hear what people really think of them. If you hate them, please let us know why! Hopefully we can narrow it down to figure out which people are good candidates for the Aurisonic sound and which people are not, so potential buyers will have some idea of what to expect. 

Yea, it's kind of interesting, with most of the people who have them saying these are top tier quality, even if the sound signature isn't for them, I haven't seen one person recommend them to anyone with a request for help in choosing IEMs. Or we're all just stuck in this thread unwittingly, like an episode of the Twilight Zone... I'm sure that'll change in due time. Especially in a few weeks when people have had a chance to give a good listen to the 2nd and 3rd batches. Speaking of which, shipped! 
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #1,252 of 2,761

Quote:
Mine should be shipping within the next week... I'M EXCITED :D
Polar opposite to the IE8's sound good :p

amen

I should ask where mine is at - as I was told by matt mine should have shipped today (last week)
Glad to have your stats back so to speak and new name lol :p
(no fair on the custom title! hehe)

Mar 2, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #1,253 of 2,761

Quote:
amen

I should ask where mine is at - as I was told by matt mine should have shipped today (last week)
Do check, race time! Lets see who gets their's first

Glad to have your stats back so to speak and new name lol :p
I am too

(no fair on the custom title! hehe)
I was like 0_0 what a pleasant surprise! Thanks admins!

Mar 2, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #1,254 of 2,761
haha I think its there to avoid confusion :wink:
Especially if you ever had sold something on here before!

Race?
What race....lol
I'm in France + don't even have a shipping confirmation + they have to be shipped 2x + I have to wait for the MMDT's to come in to my auntie too.

Will be A WHILE...before they are in my hands.

Mar 2, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #1,255 of 2,761

Quote:
haha I think its there to avoid confusion :wink:
Especially if you ever had sold something on here before!

Race?
What race....lol
I'm in France + don't even have a shipping confirmation + they have to be shipped 2x + I have to wait for the MMDT's to come in to my auntie too.

Will be A WHILE...before they are in my hands.

ohh lol that sucks XD

new batch, new tips, tips cleaners, I think I will be one of the first (if not the first) on Head-fi to receive one from that batch :D

Mar 2, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #1,259 of 2,761
i'll be able to get mine around mid-march, cant wait!!! i hope mine has the new tips. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back