Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
Feb 18, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #542 of 2,761
Aurisonics just came in. Incredibly fast dispatch considering I ordered them on Thursday. Just opened up the box. The Otterbox case they come in could likely survive being run over by a car, it is so tough, but it is also very hard to open and snap close. The phones themselves are incredibly high quality in build as well, they seem like they can take a thrashing easily. They are quite comfy too, and very easy to put in. Haven't had much time with them yet, but I'm extremely impressed with fit, finish and build. 

Feb 18, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #543 of 2,761

Quote:
Aurisonics just came in. Incredibly fast dispatch considering I ordered them on Thursday. Just opened up the box. The Otterbox case they come in could likely survive being run over by a car, it is so tough, but it is also very hard to open and snap close. The phones themselves are incredibly high quality in build as well, they seem like they can take a thrashing easily. They are quite comfy too, and very easy to put in. Haven't had much time with them yet, but I'm extremely impressed with fit, finish and build. 

X2

Feb 18, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #544 of 2,761

Quote:

So lucky. I just came home and got the notification from Fed-ex that they arrived but they're in my apartment complexes office :frowning2: So I'll have to wait till tomorrow. However, considering I'm about to go on a date with my girlfriend I'm sure it's a blessing they're not in my hands :p

Feb 18, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #545 of 2,761
I haven't had much listening to time them, but I definitely get the sense that some frequencies are boosted, and I'm sure it's to improve intelligibility for performers since this is a monitoring solution. I'm actually very impressed even early on how well these keep pace with the SM3. I'm listening to Mouse on the Keys' Spectres De Mouse, and they definitely have the low end grunt and speed to do this frantic piece justice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16g0M3lJvio&ob=av3n

Feb 18, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #546 of 2,761
I just got home to find mine here as well. Dale said Monday but there was a chance and here they are:)

Really beautiful phones with great fit and finish as others have said. Not too thrilled about the extra long tubing after the memory wire portion but that's just my preference.

Just out of the box but the "similar to the SM3" thing sounds fairly close to what I remember except that the ASG-1 goes deeper and seems a bit more controlled down low even out right of the Otterbox.

Feb 18, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #548 of 2,761
Hey ericp10, could you compare the drums performance on this song between the ASG-1 and GR07? Thanks (the drums kick in at about 15s)

Feb 18, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #549 of 2,761

Quote:
I will be interested in your thoughts compared to the SM3, once you get used to the ASG-1, since you actually have the them on hand.

Agreed.

Even early on, I feel like they are edging out the SM3 in a technical sense, and they are quite close presentation wise.  I'm not really getting the sense that they have quantitatively more bass though, I always felt like the SM3 had just the right amount, and on some songs, the bass had more presence on the SM3 than the ASG-1 actually. At the moment, bass reproduction seems to be quite close, I can't really call it, the ASG-1 does seem tighter though, I'll need more time for things to settle, mentally, and perhaps mechanically if burn in is to be believed. Or I'll need to experiment with tips some. If we are talking as a whole... across the spectrum these seem to be more coherent to my ears but at the expense of smoothness as they can get a bit strident which is something I don't experience with the ultra smooth SM3. Vocals just seem to soar, that was one of the things that really impressed me on the SM3 was the clarity of vocals, and these seem to be even more detailed in that regard. To the SM3's credit though, I will say that there is just something so incredibly appealing about the way the SM3 presents its sound that is just different from anything I've heard, these included, so I will likely be keeping them around regardless of whether they are outclassed or not. Other than that, I am shocked that these phones are pumping out this sound quality for the price I paid. Just... blown away. 

Feb 18, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #550 of 2,761
okay.. is there some special or discount that I don't know of? I see people selling for around 170 on sale forums but it retails for $299? how much are you guys paying?

Feb 18, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #551 of 2,761
how is the soundstage between the two. From what I know, SM3 has a much larger soundstage compared to the Um3x. Im thinking of getting the ASG as a 2nd pair IEM to my um3x.

Quote:

Even early on, I feel like they are edging out the SM3 in a technical sense, and they are quite close presentation wise.  I'm not really getting the sense that they have quantitatively more bass though, I always felt like the SM3 had just the right amount, and on some songs, the bass had more presence on the SM3 than the ASG-1 actually. At the moment, bass reproduction seems to be quite close, I can't really call it, the ASG-1 does seem tighter though, I'll need more time for things to settle, mentally, and perhaps mechanically if burn in is to be believed. Or I'll need to experiment with tips some. If we are talking as a whole... across the spectrum these seem to be more coherent to my ears but at the expense of smoothness as they can get a bit strident which is something I don't experience with the ultra smooth SM3. Vocals just seem to soar, that was one of the things that really impressed me on the SM3 was the clarity of vocals, and these seem to be even more detailed in that regard. To the SM3's credit though, I will say that there is just something so incredibly appealing about the way the SM3 presents its sound that is just different from anything I've heard, these included, so I will likely be keeping them around regardless of whether they are outclassed or not. Other than that, I am shocked that these phones are pumping out this sound quality for the price I paid. Just... blown away. 

Feb 18, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #552 of 2,761

Quote:
how is the soundstage between the two. From what I know, SM3 has a much larger soundstage compared to the Um3x. Im thinking of getting the ASG as a 2nd pair IEM to my um3x.

I'd say these are about on par with the SM3 in terms of width, perhaps a tad wider, it's rather difficult to tell as the SM3's size changes in accordance with a recording, it's not fixed. The SM3's have an extremely intimate presentation that makes you feel like you are in the studio, these image in a very close manner. 

Feb 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #554 of 2,761

will do soon as i get a chance sir.
Quote:
Hey ericp10, could you compare the drums performance on this song between the ASG-1 and GR07? Thanks (the drums kick in at about 15s)

Feb 18, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #555 of 2,761
Quote:
What I meant to convey was that, to my knowledge, there isn't a universal IEM on the market that allows for you to upgrade to a successor model

Gotcha. Though, as other have since pointed out, I don't think the ASG-1 is upgradable in that way. I don't think it would make financial sense. For a custom, yes, but a universal can just be resold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back