Aurisonics Bravo Series - Eva, Kicker, Forte and Harmony In-Ear Headphones
Oct 31, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #16 of 35
Dear Luckbad,

I want to ask your opinion,
Sony XB90EX versus ASG-2.5 with android eq set to bass boost, cayin c5 set to high gain and high bass,
which one wins (I mean for bass lover).

Thanks,
Joe

It depends on who you ask, really. I think the Aurisonics hits harder and has more clarity (with proper EQ). At crazy volumes, some feel the Sony hits harder.

Really, they trade blows on pure bass depending on the song. The better IEM is the Aurisonics, but the Sony is awesome for the price.

I've actually sold both and use the Kicker now. It doesn't hit quite as hard but it's the best overall value for me. I usually listen at lower volumes and only listen to them when I need isolation at work.

Nov 2, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #17 of 35
It depends on who you ask, really. I think the Aurisonics hits harder and has more clarity (with proper EQ). At crazy volumes, some feel the Sony hits harder.

Really, they trade blows on pure bass depending on the song. The better IEM is the Aurisonics, but the Sony is awesome for the price.

I've actually sold both and use the Kicker now. It doesn't hit quite as hard but it's the best overall value for me. I usually listen at lower volumes and only listen to them when I need isolation at work.

Oh.. I see..
Now, I have both of it. And as you said, they both hit so hard and still I love ASG-2.5 more. To some songs, sony sound boomy and not for ASG2.5. It punches greatly. I use X5 second gen and Cayin C5.

Thanks for your reply.

Joe

Nov 3, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #18 of 35
Interesting to see the XB90EX listed with the 2.5's - we haven't seen them go up against each other. Great to see feedback on the new range too. We have the Bravo range arriving next week for interested people in Canada but it seems we should have ordered more Kickers for the Bass heads in the room.

https://www.headphonescanada.ca/brand/aurisonics

Has anyone tried the Harmony?

Nov 14, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #19 of 35

Kind of the same design BUT. The 2.5 has a 14.2mm adjustable bass speaker and the Harmony has a 9.2 (not adjustable). I love the sound of the Harmony and so do the many customers who have already purchased. I will always stock 2.5 even when they're totally custom. Personally I think it's the baddest earphone on the planet.
All of the Aurisonics line in stock: http://ineargear.com/

Mar 9, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #21 of 35
I received the forte today. Been listening to them practically all day long. Upon first listen, I was actually surprised by the soft nature of the treble. The mids were also kinda weird.

With all new iems, it takes a bit of getting accustomed to its unique sound. Now that I've been listening to them for a good 6-8 hrs, I can enjoy them quite a bit.

The mids, while clear and completely free of bass bleed, aren't very lively. Down tuned guitars do have a nice presence, but vocals in general seem to be a bit quiet.

Treble is interesting so far. On the whole, I would call it laid back or soft in the treble, but the forte is really good at projecting higher frequency sonic que's far and wide. Things like hi hats and symbols, other jingley things and synth leads can seem to be endless in spatial width and height.

I haven't mentioned the bass yet, but I will just summarize by saying I really like the bass. It's very authoritative in its nature and it's very well defined. As I said before bass bleed into the mids is literally non existent to my ears. Pairing these with my fiio E11 with bass boost on max was instantly reminiscent of my old Sony Xb90ex, only with better mids and treble.

Comfort is quite good. My ears did start to get sore after about the 6 hr mark, but I think any earphone would cause just as much soreness if not more so. These are comfortable enough that I forgot I was wearing them.

The fit is really nice, but they are quite large compared to most other universal iems. I try to wear them with the upper part of the housing flush with the upper areas of my ear, but what I end up with is the tip of the earpiece shoved far inside, thus making the upper part of the earpiece stick out away from the upper areas of my ear and not sit flush against it. That is my only complaint, otherwise the seal and isolation are easily the best I've ever experienced.

The new improved mmxc connectors feel solid. They swivel 360° now with zero friction. It seems to be a nicely thought out approach to the mmxc of yesteryear.

Overall I'm enjoying the forte a lot. The bass is 10/10 for me. The mids are beautiful, just a bit quiet and the treble is skillful with its placement of subtleties even though I hear it as a bit laid back.

I would love to compare this 1x1 hybrid against a quad ba array. Like the noble 4 or ath im04.

Apr 10, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #24 of 35
Does anyone know why they don't sell their in-ears directly?

I have a feeling that they have certain agreements with their distributors and resellers. A lot of companies don't sell direct to not compete with their reseller/distributor network. But who knows, maybe it will come eventually, especially when they start offering customs - it would make sense - though even that a lot of companies also facilitate via distributors and resellers.

There are though a few certified resellers and retailers that will carry the Fender brand, though most of them might be in the pro-audio, musician area....

Cheers.

Apr 10, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #25 of 35

I have a feeling that they have certain agreements with their distributors and resellers. A lot of companies don't sell direct to not compete with their reseller/distributor network. But who knows, maybe it will come eventually, especially when they start offering customs - it would make sense - though even that a lot of companies also facilitate via distributors and resellers.

There are though a few certified resellers and retailers that will carry the Fender brand, though most of them might be in the pro-audio, musician area....

Cheers.

I Agree.

May 22, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #27 of 35
i'm looking at these to replace the xb90ex...feel it's too one sided...while you get bass and alot of bottom end
it's at the expense of balance and clarity (esp when you listen to a vsonic gr07 next to it)
...i can say that having it's more 'mature' brother the sony mdr 7550 which is far more detailed and balanced imo.
while I love good slamming, punchy bass,  it also has to know it's place.

...but the form factor of the 7550 isn't the best esp for portable audio, walking around: frankenbolts causes wind noise
...and the hooks are pain for good seal (at least for me).

so looking for something else that is very musical and balanced: fab bass, good mids and highs/detail.
...is the more pricey 2.5 a big step up from the harmony model?

May 22, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #28 of 35
i'm looking at these to replace the xb90ex...feel it's too one sided...while you get bass and alot of bottom end
it's at the expense of balance and clarity (esp when you listen to a vsonic gr07 next to it)
...i can say that having it's more 'mature' brother the sony mdr 7550 which is far more detailed and balanced imo.
while I love bass, but it has to know it's place.

...but the form factor of the 7550 isn't the best esp for portable audio, walking around: frankenbolts causes wind noise
...and the hooks are pain for good seal (at least for me).

so looking for something else that is very musical and balanced: fab bass, good mids and highs/detail.
...is the more pricey 2.5 a big step up from the harmony model?
(that's the one the previous owner of aurisonics suggested to me based on my needs)
The Harmony is more refine and as you said the bass knows its place. Treble is extended and mids are neutral. The 2.5 can be neutral with the bass port closed but once open it will be more L shape sound.

May 22, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #29 of 35
btw, my apology...i think the owner of aurisoics had suggested the forte as the better (more balanced) choice for me
...the harmony was more suited  if you're also heavily into classical music
(which i'm not: rock blues jazz)

Quote:
The Harmony is more refine and as you said the bass knows its place. Treble is extended and mids are neutral. The 2.5 can be neutral with the bass port closed but once open it will be more L shape sound.

May 22, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #30 of 35
The Forte has smoother treble so the Fortes mids will be more pronounced. Both are great for Rock, Medal or Blues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back