Aurisonics AS/ASG-1 Plus Information and Discussions
Feb 21, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #242 of 364
No, I wouldn't say it's muffled either though. Tends to get a little outshined by the lower/sub bass (not as much as the 2.5 obviously) and the upper-mids. It doesn't lose out when the mix calls for it.

I see, thanks!

Mar 1, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #244 of 364
  Thanks for the rundown!  I really love these IEMs, I also feel they might be the last I'll ever need.  I'll post more impressions after I get some more time with them.

Hi Rodmunch,

How would you compare this to XBA-A2 and A3? I saw your impressions on the Sony IEMs, and now I'm consider to get one of the 3.

Mar 2, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #245 of 364

Hi Rodmunch,

How would you compare this to XBA-A2 and A3? I saw your impressions on the Sony IEMs, and now I'm consider to get one of the 3.

Hi radrianta.  I think the ASG1plus is in a different (better) league than the Sony XBAs.  I liked the Sony XBAs as a second pair for use at my work desk, but ultimately I ended up with the Sony EX1000 for that purpose, and the ASG1plus stay at home for now.  The ASG1plus to me sound almost like a full size headphone.  I never got that feeling with Sonys.

Mar 2, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #246 of 364
Hi radrianta.  I think the ASG1plus is in a different (better) league than the Sony XBAs.  I liked the Sony XBAs as a second pair for use at my work desk, but ultimately I ended up with the Sony EX1000 for that purpose, and the ASG1plus stay at home for now.  The ASG1plus to me sound almost like a full size headphone.  I never got that feeling with Sonys.

+1, funny I was thinking exactly this just a moment ago....

Mar 4, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #247 of 364
Mar 10, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #249 of 364
Any 1+ users out there have prior experience with the Earsonics SM64? Had the 64 for a long time and I'm now having to pick between the two. Anyone with experience with both, please chime in!

Mar 12, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #250 of 364
can i ask what is the connector for asg 1 plus thks

Mar 12, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #252 of 364
Westone 2pin. I think you still can try it at ConnectIT JEM.

haha thks but im looking to replace stock cable!
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 1, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #255 of 364
Besides Aurisonics' own custom tip service, which is $125, is anyone aware of another perhaps cheaper place to make custom tips that might fit on the ASG1+? I've been using two slightly different sized MH1 tips because my ears are slightly different sizes, and I think it's about time I put that to rest and just did it proper. I have no plans of getting rid of these headphones anytime soon, they're absolutely phenomenal. (I may end up grabbing a pair of custom UERR when I graduate and have the cash for that sort of thing... something more transparent, since I consider the ASG1+ to be somewhat colored...but they're just so good I don't think I'd ever let them go)

Also, has anyone tried replacing the cable? I've never used an aftermarket cable before, and generally wouldn't believe such things would make a sound quality difference...but I've heard balanced armatures can be very very sensitive to cable impedance, so I'm curious. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back