Auris Nirvana EL34 Amp in the house!
Oct 10, 2022 at 1:10 AM Post #511 of 1,005
Which Version of the Nirvana do you have?

The old Version was art
Mine is the second version I believe. Wooden chassis for the main unit, metal boxed power supply which I don’t mind as I have it tucked away on a shelf below.

The workmanship on the wood finish is superb. I run my hand over it regularly just to feel the fine job they have done. I have a strange background as a wood anatomist which got me to identify Timbers in a range of museum pieces… I’d recommend the wooden Nirvana designs would fit nicely in any technology museum! I wonder If the wood has gotten difficult or prohibitively expensive to source?

TonyAAA

Oct 10, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #513 of 1,005
and they even call it "10th years anniversary" :o2smile:
Somehow reminds me of elders saying "everything used to be better"

The best Nirvana was the V1 with 2 wooden chassis ...

Oct 10, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #514 of 1,005
Looks identical to the prior one in all specs and description. Only changes I can see is that they added a pre-out (useful for some), and downgraded from the beautiful wood chassis. Rather uneventul otherwise.
It looks like run-of-the-mill ‘mid-fi’…except black…a mediocre visual presentation! I was interested…

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #515 of 1,005
This will be history, for whatever reasons it is sad that they went to the wrong way with the design.
20220918_181646.jpg

Oct 10, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #516 of 1,005
I guess all of us owners of Mk1-3 will end up owning collectors item. The design esthetic is so unique, in few years I'll bet people will be seeking those diligently across classified boards with very limtied inventory coming up rarely..

Oct 25, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #517 of 1,005
@Miroslav EarMen

Hello Miroslav,

I wanted to ask your advice. Posting here since others may benefit from this knowledge as well.

Realizing the Nirvana amp is built for EL34 tubes and the need to only use that tube type as specified, in most places EL34 / 6CA7 / KT77 are designtated as identical and replacements for each other. I'm not aware whether there are differences between these designations that have any practical prespective from Auris's point of view, but I'd love to follow your guidelines properly.

Are these tube designation indeed interchangeable, or are only some of these matching for the Nirvana vs. others?

Thanks for your kind assistance (and good to have you on this forum)

Eyal

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2022 at 6:48 AM Post #518 of 1,005
Hello Eyal,

6CA7 definitely not, because many important features are different.

The KT77 tube could be used as a replacement, but the amplifier will have a little less power and the big question is how it will affect the distortion, ie whether the amplifier will have more distortion or not.

For these reasons, we recommend only EL34.

P.S. I will try to help everyone with all the questions, as much as I can, but please understand that if I don't answer immediately or I miss something.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,
Miroslav

Oct 26, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #519 of 1,005
Hi miroslav,
will you be getting in any remote controls for sale on your website?
it states “sold out”
if not,
can you send me a link to where i can get one that works with my just purchased,new nirvana

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Oct 26, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #520 of 1,005
Hi miroslav,
will you be getting in any remote controls for sale on your website?
it states “sold out”
if not,
can you send me a link to where i can get one that works with my just purchased,new nirvana
Hi,
Unfortunately, we currently do not have remote controls in stock.
It will be next year, because now we are still working on the development of a new model of the remote.

Oct 26, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #521 of 1,005
Hi,
Unfortunately, we currently do not have remote controls in stock.
It will be next year, because now we are still working on the development of a new model of the remote.
thanks,
so,i can assume that your new model remote coming out next year,will work with my v3 nirvana?
i will wait for the new remote when its available next year...

Oct 26, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #522 of 1,005
Hello Eyal,

6CA7 definitely not, because many important features are different.

The KT77 tube could be used as a replacement, but the amplifier will have a little less power and the big question is how it will affect the distortion, ie whether the amplifier will have more distortion or not.

For these reasons, we recommend only EL34.

P.S. I will try to help everyone with all the questions, as much as I can, but please understand that if I don't answer immediately or I miss something.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,
Miroslav

Thanks Miroslav!

Really appreciate the reply. That’s very helpful and clear.

Orherwise, great to have you engaged with us here with hour expert inputs, whenever works..

Eyal

Oct 26, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #523 of 1,005
Speaking of tubes
The psvane el34-ph is life changing,just spectacular in everyway!
Massive soundstage
Holographic
Liquid
Warm
Rich
Details
Transparency
Deep bass
It has it all
The stock jj’s el34 DO NOT show you what this amp is capable of.
Im also using brimar cv4003 as input(a great pairing) with the psvane el34-ph

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Oct 26, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #524 of 1,005

Cool! Have you tried the Sophia Electric EL34? (I’m using that and wonder how they compare if you knew)

Oct 26, 2022 at 12:21 PM Post #525 of 1,005
Speaking of tubes
Massive soundstage
Holographic
Liquid
Warm
Rich
Details
Transparency
Deep bass
It has it all
The stock jj’s el34 DO NOT show you what this amp is capable of.
Im also using brimar cv4003 as input(a great pairing) with the psvane el34-ph
Thats nice, gonna get a pair to try, currently using nos Philips (amperex bugle boy) ecc82 + nos mullard xf1, such a great match it sounds beautiful:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back