Auris HA2 SF
Jan 9, 2024 at 9:46 AM Post #361 of 376
Hi, I bought my NOS Telefunken here, overall experience was great. Mr. Tiziano answered my questions and recommended optimal tubes according to my preferences (stage, detail, weight and clarity). It seems expensive, but we don't have to buy but one preamp tube with the Auris.

Has anyone a solid state amp besides the auris HA-2 SF? I would appreciate more or less different sound signature to have more options. If the violectric is similar and rather worse than the Auris (which supposedly would be the case regarding the quality of the Auris), then it doesn't make much sense to spend so much. My idea is to use the violectric for blackmetal, and the auris for jazz, psychedelic and classical.
Thanks a lot! Yes, I saw that they were expensive.
It's also good to know that you get help because I have absolutely no idea what I can or can't use.

Regarding the SS amp, I was recently looking for a new one. I wanted a bright, natural-sounding amp. I was looking at Violetric and SPL Phonitor XE.
I finally decided to get SPL because Violetric seemed to be on the warmer side, and I thought SPL was not. When I got SPL, I was completely surprised.

SPL is everything but bright. I wanted something completely different than Auris, but I got something that reminds me of tube.
But it's not the same; it's completely different sounding than Auris; still, it is warmer sounding, but with characteristic sound, maybe kind of organic?

I didn't get what I wanted, but I got something even better than I imagined it would be. It's a really great-sounding amp with lots of power.

So Violetric, that remains the question for me too :) Perhaps it's more like Auris than SPL is.

I see where that comes from, your preferences in genres and amps; SPL might be suitable for that purpose and what you wanted.

I could try listening to some black metal with SPL and Sony MDR-Z1R and tell you how I felt.

Cheers!

Mar 18, 2024 at 10:21 PM Post #362 of 376
Just got this in today, lives up to what you guys are saying on this thread, very impressive amp. it is huge but that leather wrapped wood looks fantastic. not sure i like the lighted tubes but i can live with it
20240318_165015.jpg

Mar 19, 2024 at 8:06 AM Post #363 of 376
Just got this in today, lives up to what you guys are saying on this thread, very impressive amp. it is huge but that leather wrapped wood looks fantastic. not sure i like the lighted tubes but i can live with it
Congrats! What do you mean by lighted tubes?
Did you forget to instal the glass in front of the tubs...or did you leave them out on purpose :)

Enjoy!

Cheers!

Mar 19, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #364 of 376
Congrats! What do you mean by lighted tubes?
Did you forget to instal the glass in front of the tubs...or did you leave them out on purpose :)

Enjoy!

Cheers!
i have not installed the glass, but i will, the volume knob gets pretty warm without it installed. some models have led lights under the tubes to make them glow more, at least they are not mcintosh green. that is a fake tube glow, comes on once you start the amp
20240318_165110.jpg

Mar 19, 2024 at 10:49 AM Post #365 of 376
i have not installed the glass, but i will, the volume knob gets pretty warm without it installed.
The nobs get pretty warm with or without the glass :)
But it's kind of cool when it's installed.

Hmm, LED light...it was already mentioned here, I think...and I commented that I am not even sure if I have any.
I have nice light from the tube filaments...that's all that I need. :)

It's really a shame that it's discontinued...but I am glad I got one.

Apr 2, 2024 at 8:06 AM Post #368 of 376
i owned the HS2-SF for a while. i thought it was decent for the price but never tried it with any demanding headphones, such as the abyss or susvara. i wonder how it handles those.

May 3, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #370 of 376
Anybody have humm coming from the power supply? if so how did you fix it.? drives me a bit crazy. this is the only negative about this amp.

May 3, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #372 of 376
it is loud enough to tell where it is coming from. have the amp and power supply separated by about 20 inches , have changed power chords, unplugged all my gear to see if i have a ground loop problem. can't find the cause

May 3, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #374 of 376
yeh, got some normal tube hum, quieted it down by putting in a electro harmonix 12au7 pre amp tube. it the power supply hum driving me crazy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back