Auris HA2 SF
Dec 1, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #347 of 376
Sorry if I wasn’t clear in my earlier response. The LEDs I’m referring to are the one located under the vacuum tubes. All but two of my LEDs have permanently gone out over the course of the two plus years of ownership. I am the original owner. As fast as the first three LEDs failed, I was fairly confident the other two would stop working sooner than later. Over a year latter the two remaining LEDs continue to emit light. I’m not as confident as before that the two remaining LEDs will fail sooner than later. I’ve got about 1000 hours of usage on the amp. If someone has figured out a way to easily disable the LEDs or to safely cover them up, please share your thoughts or experience. I attempted to remove the metal housing that surrounds the tubes but those torx bolts are very tight on my unit and I didn’t want to risk scaring my top plate.

Dec 1, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #348 of 376
Ah, ok...thanks both for clarification. Honestly, I didn't even know about LED existence :) Do they have a purpose, or they are just for the show?

I will not even ask how I can see if my LEDS still work.
I saw in one photo that one tube was not working, so I didn't know exactly what it was about.

Have you contacted Auris about that?

Dec 1, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #349 of 376
The LEDs are purely for show. Auris will repair under warranty but the warranty does not cover freight. Fright cost makes a cosmetic repair a bit difficult to swallow for me. A freight quote I got a year ago was about $200.

Dec 1, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #350 of 376
Hmm, and there isn't a manual on how to replace them, so they wouldn't assist with that remotely?
How bright do they shine?
I just turned my amp On, and honestly, I couldn't tell if there were any LEDS under. I can only see the light from the tubes. Perhaps they are all dead, haha.

Dec 2, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #351 of 376
Your LEDs are either all dead or you have a newer version that does not have the LEDs. if you remove any of the vacuum tubes, the tops of the LEDs are clearly visible in the middle of the sockets that house the vacuum tubes. They shine fairly bright. I personally never liked the appearance even when they were all working. They manufacture does not support repair outside their network of authorized repair centers.

Dec 2, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #352 of 376
They shine fairly bright. I personally never liked the appearance even when they were all working.
Ah, ok. It must be a newer version, and there are no LEDS. But I was thinking the same. I am glad that LEDs either don't work or that they are not there at all. I wouldn't like brighter light than it is.

Thanks for explaining. I get what you meant. If they are there, it shouldn't break after that short period. But I am happy without LEDs.

Cheers!

Dec 2, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #353 of 376
Thanks Hoshi for your response. I guess I will live with it and hope they all die at some point or I stop looking at it.

Fidgeraldo, look at the photo I posted on the previous page. You can clearly see two tubes that aren't bright and three that are. With your unit not having the LED's you have less to worry about.

Dec 2, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #354 of 376
You can clearly see two tubes that aren't bright and three that are.
I did see that. But I was wondering if it was that bright because of the photo or if it was really that bright. Honestly, as I already wrote...I am happy without LEDs :)
It doesn't look quite nice to me. I like the light from the tubes, though. My amp is in the rack, and I have headphones hanging in front. So, I almost can't even see the whole amp and the tubes.

The good thing is that LEDs are just cosmetic and don't affect functionality. You will get used to it soon :)
But it would be nice if Auris had a solution for that, except charging $200 for repair.

Also, it's nice to see the thread alive for a change. This is a hell of an amp if you put aside the LEDs :)

Jan 5, 2024 at 7:10 PM Post #355 of 376
Has anyone had an opportunity to compare the amp with a violectric v222? Thinking of buying one to have more variety and spare tubes' life while listening during work. Does it make sense? I must say I love the amp, rolled a NOS telefunken smooth plates tube, bloody amazing.

Jan 6, 2024 at 10:21 AM Post #357 of 376
I did see that. But I was wondering if it was that bright because of the photo or if it was really that bright. Honestly, as I already wrote...I am happy without LEDs :)
It doesn't look quite nice to me. I like the light from the tubes, though. My amp is in the rack, and I have headphones hanging in front. So, I almost can't even see the whole amp and the tubes.

The good thing is that LEDs are just cosmetic and don't affect functionality. You will get used to it soon :)
But it would be nice if Auris had a solution for that, except charging $200 for repair.

Also, it's nice to see the thread alive for a change. This is a hell of an amp if you put aside the LEDs :)
I've never heard the Auris HA2 but have always liked its aesthetic. How does it match up with planar and dynamic headphones?
Have you found any particular headphones that synergize well with the Auris?

Jan 6, 2024 at 10:43 AM Post #358 of 376
I've never heard the Auris HA2 but have always liked its aesthetic. How does it match up with planar and dynamic headphones?
Whichever headphones I paired with it, it was just incredible. But I have found the best option for me, and I am keeping it that way.

It's paired with Final D8000. And only listening in line with CD Transport.

Jan 9, 2024 at 7:46 AM Post #359 of 376
Can you write a little bit more about that? Post a link where to buy tubes and which exactly.
I am curious even though I am absolutely delighted with the existing sound.

Cheers!
Hi, I bought my NOS Telefunken here, overall experience was great. Mr. Tiziano answered my questions and recommended optimal tubes according to my preferences (stage, detail, weight and clarity). It seems expensive, but we don't have to buy but one preamp tube with the Auris.

Has anyone a solid state amp besides the auris HA-2 SF? I would appreciate more or less different sound signature to have more options. If the violectric is similar and rather worse than the Auris (which supposedly would be the case regarding the quality of the Auris), then it doesn't make much sense to spend so much. My idea is to use the violectric for blackmetal, and the auris for jazz, psychedelic and classical.

Jan 9, 2024 at 7:51 AM Post #360 of 376
The only headphone I have is HE1000SE. I dont't intend to buy any other. It's a perfect synergy, remove a bit of harshness in highs, gives weight to bass and even extends the stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back