Auris HA2 SF
Aug 2, 2023 at 4:54 PM Post #331 of 376
I got tempted with the "magical" sound of the 300B tubes.... I went Chinese first - big mistake IMO, and then I went American, Woo Audio - much better.
Still.... nothing I was not getting with the Auris!!!! Actually the Auris is even better because since there is little possible tube rolling... you don't get the temptation.
Don't sell it. Besides... the wood model is not available any longer.

Aug 3, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #332 of 376
Actually the Auris is even better because since there is little possible tube rolling... you don't get the temptation.
It is weird but this is one of the huge pluses for me. I like to tinker to the less tinkering I can do the better and I'll enjoy the product more.

Aug 4, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #333 of 376
I wouldn't say it's weird. If they made a great product out of the box, and I think they did, I am all in. I will instead focus and enjoy the music I love rather than think all the time the sound might be better if I do this and that. Soon in September, there will be a Hi-Fi fair in my city, and I hope Auris will be there again. It would be nice to share my excitement and hear their thoughts after buying HA-2 SF.

Sep 6, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #334 of 376
wondering if anybody has tried this amp with the focal stelia and how was it

Sep 20, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #335 of 376
Our review of the HA-2SE+ is now published with comparisons to the original HA-2SE, the HA-2SF, and Feliks Audio's EUFORIA evo. No Stellia here @judomaniak57 but we did try it with a Utopia 2022 :)

https://headfonics.com/auris-audio-ha-2se-plus-review/

1695200101533.png

Oct 29, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #336 of 376
Hi, is there anyone who bought the auris recently and did not get a unit (the wooden one) with a gain switch? Serously considering buying one but want that option. I read somewhere that newer pieces come without the led lights under tubes, can anyone confirm that?

Oct 29, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #337 of 376
only the very early units (maybe initial production units) did not have the gain switch. not sure about the led lights under the tubes but some people, including myself, had problems with the lights going out.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #338 of 376
Unless you plan to drive sensitive IEM’s you will never use that gain switch. Also according to Auris, if the switch is used in the low position, your sound quality will degrade a bit since it is likely running through a resistor. I also experienced issues with the LED’s going out under the tubes. The newer units did not ship with those LED’s.

Oct 29, 2023 at 6:45 PM Post #339 of 376
Unless you plan to drive sensitive IEM’s you will never use that gain switch. Also according to Auris, if the switch is used in the low position, your sound quality will degrade a bit since it is likely running through a resistor. I also experienced issues with the LED’s going out under the tubes. The newer units did not ship with those LED’s.
I don't think so, just HE1000SE (which is 35 ohms), but it gives you more options anyway. Thanks for your replies, hopefully I'll get the latest version, quite confusing they are not able to state the things clearly (including the correct photos).

Nov 30, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #341 of 376
Snipped. . .

Today, a second LED located under a power tube died. I've been contemplating on what to do regarding the first LED that failed. Shipping it to the factor authorized repair center located in Southern California will cost me close to $200 in freight cost back and forth as Auris's warranty does not cover freight. I contacted a local AV repair center and they gave me a $200 estimate to disconnect all five LEDs. I'm somewhat handy with the soldering iron and thought that perhaps I could do the repair myself but could not get any support for the manufacture or dealer.

As I noted in my earlier post, Auris stated they no longer ship current units with the LEDs under the tubes. I'm guessing that LED's failing could be an issue for amps in the field as with the previous poster. Yes, I'm a bit frustrated with my situation and at this point, will try to continue to enjoy this excellent sounding amp with functioning LED's or not. I'm hoping that eventually the other three LED's will go out on their own. I hope my post does not prevent anyone from purchasing one of these amps as I couldn't be happier with the way it sounds.
Did you ever fix the LED's that went out? I have the same problem, two of them are dead and the symmetry is off for me which bugs me. Just wondering what the end result was for you?

Attachments

• Auris RS.jpg
    Auris RS.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 0
Nov 30, 2023 at 7:53 PM Post #342 of 376
Did you ever fix the LED's that went out? I have the same problem, two of them are dead and the symmetry is off for me which bugs me. Just wondering what the end result was for you?
I’ve been living with the dead LEDs for over a year now. I still have two LEDs functioning, one of the power tubes and the input tube. I’m not happy with the situation but over time, the issue does not bother me as much but I’m still I’m not happy with the stance of the manufacture especially since it’s a known issue. I’ve been in this hobby for many decades and it was the risk I took investing in a little know obscure manufacture. Other than the LED issue, the amp has performed well.

Dec 1, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #343 of 376
I’ve been living with the dead LEDs for over a year now.
I thought that you replace the tube with a new one when the tube is gone. I didn't even know it wouldn't work properly if all the tubes were not in place.

I don't have any issues with tubes; still working, and I just love the amp.

I wouldn't call Auris obscure manufacture. They are not famous worldwide, but they are pretty big where I come from and locally.

Also, Serbia has a significant history in electronics, and the people involved in Auris are very connected to that. And after all, I don't know many manufacturers worldwide that has visually and functionally that impressive line of products. They have a vast production, not only headphones oriented but speakers as well with their integrated amps, DACs power amps, etc...I think they have a speaker in the line, too.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back