AURALiC owners unite!
Jan 5, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #1,877 of 2,392
Hi Guys!

Did anyone of you tried plugging and headphones in Balanced and Single Ended Output at the same time? 

I noticed that if i press the "STD", the headphones in Balanced Connection does have sound also.

But if i choose, "BAL" only Balanced Connection have sound.

Thank you.

Whill

Jan 6, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #1,880 of 2,392
  Hi Guys!

Did anyone of you tried plugging and headphones in Balanced and Single Ended Output at the same time? 

I noticed that if i press the "STD", the headphones in Balanced Connection does have sound also.

But if i choose, "BAL" only Balanced Connection have sound.

Thank you.

Whill

I think it's also mentioned in the user manual (http://www.auralic.com/download/TAURUSMKII_USERSGUIDE_R1.pdf) on page 10. So this is correct behaviour :)

Jan 10, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #1,882 of 2,392
Hi all and happy new year !

I’ve just purchased a Taurus with Vega and have 2 questions:

·        1/ Which is the best interconnect between the DAC and amp is it the xlr or the RCA? I know I could try but would like to hear from your experience.

·        2/ The Vega DAC has a volume, and the Taurus too: should I put the Vega at 100 volume and only play with the Taurus volume while listening, or is there any way to use the Vega as a DAC only?

Thanks for your feedback!

Vincent

Jan 10, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #1,883 of 2,392
Hi all and happy new year !

I’ve just purchased a Taurus with Vega and have 2 questions:

·        1/ Which is the best interconnect between the DAC and amp is it the xlr or the RCA? I know I could try but would like to hear from your experience.

·        2/ The Vega DAC has a volume, and the Taurus too: should I put the Vega at 100 volume and only play with the Taurus volume while listening, or is there any way to use the Vega as a DAC only?

Thanks for your feedback!

Vincent

1. I prefer XLR
2. I use the Vega at 100 and adjust volume through Taurus

Jan 20, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #1,889 of 2,392
I just got a used Mk II. The current owner thinks the Taurus is supposed to be on this side, vertical orientation. I'd like to use it horizontal, as shown in many of the photos on this thread. The current owner say the amp doesn't have any feet. Is that true? Can I just stick some basic bumper feet on the bottom and use it horizontal?

Can I put my Bimby on top of it?

Jan 20, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #1,890 of 2,392
The taurus MKII has 3 feet, pre installed  on the bottom (where it's black), seems weird yours doesn't have any. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back