AURALiC owners unite!
Nov 27, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #1,861 of 2,392
As happy Aries user I have a question: is there a way with Lihtning DS ( v 3.1 for iPad) to display only the albums from a specific genre ? Like showing only the cover arts of the "classical music" albums from my library ?

Thanks in advance

bertrand

Dec 8, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #1,862 of 2,392
Anyone is driving HE6 with Vega/Taurus combo ?

Thanks in advance !

Dec 9, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #1,864 of 2,392
Proud new owner of a Vega-

I also have the HAPZ1ES, and the latest FW upgrade supports adding an outboard DAC using the USB output on the Sony.

Any chance you can see if the Sony works with the Auralic Vega via the USB output? And if you can, I would love to know if you hear a noticeable sound improvement in the Vega vs the Sony (ideally comparing RCA balanced outputs)

Dec 9, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #1,865 of 2,392
I also have the HAPZ1ES, and the latest FW upgrade supports adding an outboard DAC using the USB output on the Sony.

Any chance you can see if the Sony works with the Auralic Vega via the USB output? And if you can, I would love to know if you hear a noticeable sound improvement in the Vega vs the Sony (ideally comparing RCA balanced outputs)

I have to change the input on the Vega then back to usb every now and then as it will not see the HAP, other than that it works great and I prefer the sound of the Vega over the HAP to amp

Cheers

Dec 10, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #1,866 of 2,392
Thanks. I wonder if the "auto" setting on the Sony results in it switching on and off its USB OUTPUT mode. Anyway, is the Vega lots better or just a mild improvement, or do you just prefer the Vega tone? Thanks for insights.

Dec 18, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #1,867 of 2,392
Hi!

I know that Auralic Taurus MKII should have a warm up before sounding its best. -- I would like to ask if i put the Auralic into sleep/standby (main switch is on but the front power is off) can this be considered already warmed up? Or i will press it on and wait for about 30 minutes?

Thank you. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 19, 2016 at 1:26 AM Post #1,869 of 2,392
umh... you sure? my Taurus is deadly cold when in stand-by (main switch on the back on, power on switch on the front off), and IMHO this means that only the power-on sensing circuit is active..... not 100% sure because I don't have the schematics, but since the Taurus is a Class A design, if kept in stand-by it should run very hot even without any input signal.

the hot stand.by AFAIK is ony available in the Vega, there is an option in the menu to keep the circuits active even when in stand-by, and in fact it remains quite warm all the time.

Dec 20, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #1,870 of 2,392
I do not think it will be "warmed up" even if it is in standby mode. My unit is dead cold when its in standby mode.

Dec 20, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #1,871 of 2,392
Thank you guys!

Maybe i just need to warm it up a little bit after i turned it on. :)

By the way, how does the Vega - Taurus Combo? does it sound bright? i have read that Vega tends to be on the brighter side of the spectrum?

Thank you. :)

Dec 27, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #1,875 of 2,392
It's on the brighter side for sure but i'm happy with it for the Utopia and LCD-4, I may end up getting a dave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back