AURALiC owners unite!
Jan 20, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #1,891 of 2,392
  The taurus MKII has 3 feet, pre installed  on the bottom (where it's black), seems weird yours doesn't have any. 

It should get it delivered next week, so I'll certainly check then and post pics if they aren't there.

Jan 21, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #1,892 of 2,392
It should get it delivered next week, so I'll certainly check then and post pics if they aren't there.

Consider also that both sides and top of the amp have some venting holes, so it's not designed to be used vertically

Jan 21, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #1,893 of 2,392
  I just got a used Mk II. The current owner thinks the Taurus is supposed to be on this side, vertical orientation. I'd like to use it horizontal, as shown in many of the photos on this thread. The current owner say the amp doesn't have any feet. Is that true? Can I just stick some basic bumper feet on the bottom and use it horizontal?

Can I put my Bimby on top of it?

​That means he broke it or it's a fake unit if it has no feet. The Taurus MKII has feets so it can be used horizontal.

Jan 21, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #1,894 of 2,392

Nice! 

I wonder how the Utopia sounds with this stack. :)

Have the very same stack, but without Aries. Those french cans sound really amazingly good with those chinese gears 
biggrin.gif

I'm using a FAW cable, not because stock cable is not good, simply 4m is unpractically long for me.

Jan 21, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #1,895 of 2,392

​That means he broke it or it's a fake unit if it has no feet. The Taurus MKII has feets so it can be used horizontal.

Exactly- honestly I would not of purchased anything from this guy, sounds like he has no clue

Jan 21, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #1,896 of 2,392
Ok, more from the prior owner. I feel a little better, and he offered a return if there is anything functionally wrong with the amp.

I apologize if I was not clear. It is intended to sit on the bottom, as such that is where they put the feet.
Yes the bottom does have feet, although with my desk setup, having the amp vertical saved me much space.

So I did have it in an unusual orientation, not specifically intended by the manufacturer

I'll get the amp in a week and will know then. The seller is a long time head fi er so I'm confident all will be well.

Feb 9, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #1,897 of 2,392
Does anyone know how difficult it would be to convert a US Taurus to 220 or 230V?

Did you get any answer for it. I am planning to buy it but also concerned about this aspect.

Has anyone used it with Sony mdr z1r, how is the synergy

Feb 12, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #1,898 of 2,392
Has anyone out there been using Tidal Masters (MQA) for streaming music. Just to say that the Lightning DS software for your Aries has been updated and now can see the Masters files and play them back via your MQA (or not ) DAC.

I have been waiting for weeks for this to happen and only noticed when my ipad was updating apps that the LDS app now included Masters.

It is great as I was using my laptop in order to access these and play through an MQA DAC (Meridian Explorer 2) but now I can connect up my Aries Mini which is a much better SQ than via my creaky old laptop and now with super MQA albums.....Hoorah!!!!  

Feb 12, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #1,899 of 2,392
  Has anyone out there been using Tidal Masters (MQA) for streaming music. Just to say that the Lightning DS software for your Aries has been updated and now can see the Masters files and play them back via your MQA (or not ) DAC.

I have been waiting for weeks for this to happen and only noticed when my ipad was updating apps that the LDS app now included Masters.

It is great as I was using my laptop in order to access these and play through an MQA DAC (Meridian Explorer 2) but now I can connect up my Aries Mini which is a much better SQ than via my creaky old laptop and now with super MQA albums.....Hoorah!!!!  

Yes I am playing them and using the Lightning DS app to select them. However, I don't think that the Aries Mini does any unfolding of the Tidal Masters MQA file.

Feb 12, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #1,900 of 2,392

Yes I am playing them and using the Lightning DS app to select them. However, I don't think that the Aries Mini does any unfolding of the Tidal Masters MQA file.

The Meridian is doing all the unfolding.  However all the masters stream at 24/44 or 48 depending on the original master.

Feb 12, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #1,901 of 2,392
The Meridian is doing all the unfolding.  However all the masters stream at 24/44 or 48 depending on the original master.

Sorry. I didn't realise you were using the Meridian with the Mini. It is interesting though that you find that the digital feed to the Meridian via the Mini is better than your laptop.

Feb 14, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #1,902 of 2,392
Question,
Is the TAURUS MKII Headphone Amp discontinued?  I see it is on sale ~$1499 new in many places and also out of stock in most of those places.  Not sure if out of stock due to sale or because it is on clearance.  Anyone hear anything about an MKIII?  Could see it being a possibility as its a few years old; even though current one is fine could see them adding motorized volume or some other new feature.

Feb 14, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #1,903 of 2,392
  Question,
Is the TAURUS MKII Headphone Amp discontinued?  I see it is on sale ~$1499 new in many places and also out of stock in most of those places.  Not sure if out of stock due to sale or because it is on clearance.  Anyone hear anything about an MKIII?  Could see it being a possibility as its a few years old; even though current one is fine could see them adding motorized volume or some other new feature.

I had some contact about this and it seems they're coming out with a MKIII. I didn't expect it this soon though.

What I've understood is:

- Balanced volume control (it's now single meaning the whole balanced topology get's single ended at the volume knob, negating the balanced connection advantage)
- Selectable gain

Feb 14, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #1,904 of 2,392
Cool. Would be nice if they added a toggle for line out / amp bypass on the analog outs like violectric does on their high level amps too.

Feb 14, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #1,905 of 2,392

Question,

I had some contact about this and it seems they're coming out with a MKIII. I didn't expect it this soon though.

What I've understood is:

- Balanced volume control (it's now single meaning the whole balanced topology get's single ended at the volume knob, negating the balanced connection advantage)
- Selectable gain

Are you sure about the SE volume? Wouldn't that affect the power as well, and basically make the amp sound identical balanced and SE out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back