Auralic Amp
Jan 12, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #31 of 61
The Taurus arrived (much more smaller than in thought) now it's burning in.
Auralic team recommends at least 100 hours, and 500 to achieve the ideal performance, but from the first impressions this is a very very good piece of hardware, smashes every other amp I've heard with the hd800, not many in fact (mmm3; Yamamoto ha1; violectric v200)
But it's definitely on another league.
Now I just need to get decent balanced cables to complete the setup. :)

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #32 of 61
the TAURUS and MX+are strange even in China. the products are claimed only to sell outside China so as to hint some upper grage, yet few people know about them.
deadhorse.gif

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #36 of 61
Quote:
The Taurus arrived (much more smaller than in thought) now it's burning in.
Auralic team recommends at least 100 hours, and 500 to achieve the ideal performance, but from the first impressions this is a very very good piece of hardware, smashes every other amp I've heard with the hd800, not many in fact (mmm3; Yamamoto ha1; violectric v200)
But it's definitely on another league.
Now I just need to get decent balanced cables to complete the setup.
smily_headphones1.gif

An Audio-GD Master 8 would "smashes" the Auralic Taurus. 

Jun 4, 2013 at 6:48 AM Post #44 of 61
I have it and really like it. It is my favorite SS amp. It really shines with the HE-500. Even though LCD-3 is very good indeed on the Taurus, if that is your only headphone, you might be just as well (or slighlty better) off with the Mjolnir. The Mjolnir doesnt have the TRS plug, tough which makes it a lot less versatile. I found the Shure  1840 great on the Taurus too, likewise for the HD650. The Taurus is a powerful amp, it is not bright in the negative way, but not dark either, so for bright headphones I prefer darker amps, such as Violectric V200. But dark amps can get to dark too - I think the Taurus is a nice balance. The HE-500 can get too bright for me on certain amps, but not with the Taurus.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back