Auralic Amp
Jun 19, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #46 of 61
Someone try the Taurus with a Fostex TH900?

May 12, 2014 at 5:52 AM Post #51 of 61
Hi Guys,

I have just changed my Burson Soloist SL to the Taurus Mk II recently, and although it's only a few days and i only listen to it around 20 hours, I am quite amazed how my HE500 (using HE6 cable, XRL input) sound with it compared to the SL (Same cable, in SE of course), although I would say the law of diminishing return comes in this case, but the Taurus really make the HE 500 sound more lively, bass become more tight, with better PRaT.

I'd admit this is quite a surprise to me as previously I am in the anti-opamp camp which I believe in the High current demand situation a well built discrete circuit will have an edge on opamp based solution, but as I learn from Mr. Wang of Auralic (which is really really helpful and he did bother to answer all sort of idiotic question based on my own noob curiousity) the Taurus is mainly opamp based. 

On a budget case though I still think the Burson is a good versatile option which could put the HE 500 into say 80-90% of the performance on Taurus, but sure this is only my noob death ear's opinion though
beerchug.gif

Regards
Sam

Sep 2, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #53 of 61
i'm contemplating in getting the auralic headphone amp. can someone give us a comparison between burson soloist and auralic taurus?

I believe there are a couple of comparisons like that in the "auralic owners unite" thread.

Sep 2, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #54 of 61
  i'm contemplating in getting the auralic headphone amp. can someone give us a comparison between burson soloist and auralic taurus?

There's a whole thread dedicated to the soloist as well. Some users preferred the sound of the soloist over the Auralic and vice-versa. Personally they are pretty much on the same level, note that the Auralic Taurus is a bit more expensive than the Soloist. 

Sep 3, 2014 at 4:50 AM Post #56 of 61
i wonder why the auralic is way more expensive than the soloist. 

Although the soloist is full discrete whereas the taurus is partly opamp based,

From my personal experience switching from the soloist sl to taurus, I found that the taurus have better separation and micro detail especially using the balanced out. In hi-fi world I think we all know the law of diminishing return hit hard at almost all price segments.

Another bonus is the choice of single end and balanced in/out , function as balanced preamp etc.

Cheers
Sam

Sep 3, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #58 of 61
Although the soloist is full discrete whereas the taurus is partly opamp based,

From my personal experience switching from the soloist sl to taurus, I found that the taurus have better separation and micro detail especially using the balanced out. In hi-fi world I think we all know the law of diminishing return hit hard at almost all price segments.

Another bonus is the choice of single end and balanced in/out , function as balanced preamp etc.

Cheers
Sam

I compared the Burson Conductor and the Taurus, and my experience mirrors your observation. Better separation, image depth, micro detail - and also crisper, clearer and punchier. The Conductor is a very good amp, and with an especially impressive onboard dac, but couldn't match the Taurus on "objective" criteria, really. However, some might prefer the less upfront presentation of the  Conductor, it feels a bit smoother. 

Sep 6, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #60 of 61
  I would love to know how the Taurus compares to the competition ie, Master 8, Bryston BHA-1, Yulong D18, Schiit Mjolnir.

REALLY would like to hear a comparison of the Vega/Taurus Mk II with the Mjolnir/Gungnir (which is what I have). I suspect the Auralic T/V is going to be my next acquisition so saving up for that much anticipated acquisition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back