Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Sep 30, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #2,926 of 8,309
Sep 30, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #2,928 of 8,309
Ok, so after having my T1 for 2 & 1/2 weeks and not having any problems, I'd have to say this is probably the best thing I have done since buying my first pair of quality headphones. Can't believe I waited this long. My music just sounds amazing, I loved On The Painted Desert a lot with just my headphones, but now....its hard to put into words how much more amazing it is, just so much more to the music now. The mids and highs are to die for, Cellos and Violins sound fantastic. Its even brought a bit more bass to my AD900s.

Have not been able to tube roll much yet, so far just a Genalex Gold Lion. Love the tube, but I do plan to try others as I can get them.

I am super happy with my T1 and glad I got it. Bad thing is its made me want a tube amp along side it, anyone tried the T1 paired with a little dot mk2 or mk3?

Sep 30, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #2,929 of 8,309
CoiL your knowledge is encyclopedic. Your tube collection must be amazing! This is the first reference to Indian tubes I have seen anywhere! Where did you get them?

From eBay? 
atsmile.gif
 Luck, and got two of these! Someone in this thread also had gold label Ultron SQ.

Edit: (User McKajVah has Ultron SQ`s) http://www.head-fi.org/t/633006/aune-t1-usb-tube-dac-amp-discussion-thread-see-first-post-for-faq/1740#post_9396277

Anyway, Bharat electronics made their tubes with old used Amperex factory gear, as far as I`ve investigated. Note! Keep eye on Trigon relabeled tubes because I`ve read some hints that that relabeled brand also came largely from Bharat India.

Btw, my knowledge is very tiny. All my tubes are bought cheap to just have fun with tube-rolling and test different sounds.
My main goal was to find cheap widely available good sounding NOS tube to recommend it to others... well... sorry... ended up with about 35 tubes (don`t even remeber exact number :D ) and different recommendations for different genres. 
Thing about my "knowledge" is, that I have no idea how high-end tubes sound.

Oct 1, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #2,930 of 8,309
Question for all you t1 users with planars and/or grados. My current setup is pc-fiio e17 as dac- into vintage pioneer sx 727 as the amp- feeding he400s and soon ill have my magnum build complete. So, I'm crazy intrigued by the aune t1, but wonder if it'll be enough of an "upgrade" to the e17 to warrant a purchase. Also worth noting is I don't always run hps through the pioneer, a good amount of time I just use the e17 alone. I'm just curious as to if I could hear a difference seek g as it would add "tube sound". By the way I have yet to hear a tube dac or amp. Thanks in advance!!

Edit: the pioneer also feeds vintage klh model sixes, I was hoping the t1 would add a little warmth to those as well

Oct 1, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #2,931 of 8,309
  If I would have to choose only one tube for everything I would probably go for Siemens PCC189 or Ultron PCC189 white label. But thing is, Siemens tends to be pretty expensive (I got mine ridiculously cheap) and Ultron is hard to find but in EU it`s dirt cheap. If you have to exclude those tubes for those reasons, then most widely available and with ok price would be Amperex OG, cheaper option is Philips PCC189. If money isn`t problem - go straight for Amperex 7308 (haven`t heard it yet) or mint condition Amperex OG or Siemens PCC189.

Well, consider that this all is only my personal opinion with my rig, my recommendations would not fit for everyone.

I'm pretty new to this forum and I'm wondering if this item is the same as the siemens pcc189 that you described above? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-PCC189-7ES8-E88CC-6DJ8-6922-SIEMENS-GERMANY-NOS-NIB-100-/141076874358?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item20d8d64476

Oct 1, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #2,932 of 8,309
Question for all you t1 users with planars and/or grados. My current setup is pc-fiio e17 as dac- into vintage pioneer sx 727 as the amp- feeding he400s and soon ill have my magnum build complete. So, I'm crazy intrigued by the aune t1, but wonder if it'll be enough of an "upgrade" to the e17 to warrant a purchase. Also worth noting is I don't always run hps through the pioneer, a good amount of time I just use the e17 alone. I'm just curious as to if I could hear a difference seek g as it would add "tube sound". By the way I have yet to hear a tube dac or amp. Thanks in advance!!

Edit: the pioneer also feeds vintage klh model sixes, I was hoping the t1 would add a little warmth to those as well

I have an E17 and Aune T1 and have used both with HE-500 headphones. I love the sound of the T1 and I think you'll definitely notice the upgrade. The T1 compares favorably to my high powered balanced headphone setup: TEAC UD-H01 balanced DAC and Schiit Mjolnir balanced amp with the HE-500. I know the HE-500 headphones are only 32 ohm, but the T1 has a LOT of headroom left--I run the T1's gain in the mid position.

Oct 1, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #2,933 of 8,309
I have an E17 and Aune T1 and have used both with HE-500 headphones. I love the sound of the T1 and I think you'll definitely notice the upgrade. The T1 compares favorably to my high powered balanced headphone setup: TEAC UD-H01 balanced DAC and Schiit Mjolnir balanced amp with the HE-500. I know the HE-500 headphones are only 32 ohm, but the T1 has a LOT of headroom left--I run the T1's gain in the mid position.

Perfect, now, what gear do I sell to obtain this...decisions decisions

Oct 1, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #2,934 of 8,309
Hi to all of you!

Searching for a dac/headphone amp. i came across this thread...

Now i have squeezebox touch as a transport-> spdif to dacmagic (the old one not the 100 nor the plus)->analogue out to onkyo 807 and either speakers or sennheiser HD555...

My main question is about it's dac ....how it is compared to the dacmagic?

I'm assuming it will be way better concerning the headphone output compared to my avr's output...

PS if it only supported 24/192 via usb....
redface.gif

Thanks!!

First time to buy a tube amplifier...

Oct 2, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #2,935 of 8,309
Hi guys, i'm new with all of this audiophile things, I have just got a HD598 and have been very happy with it. However, i read that HD598 can really shine with a dac/amp. I listen to a variety of music, from classical to R&B. The bass of HD598 is ok for me, however some songs i would like a little more bass but should not be a big deal. So with that, can you suggest the tube that will be great to go with my hd598 with the budget of under $100?

Oct 2, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #2,938 of 8,309

If I would have to choose only one tube for everything I would probably go for Siemens PCC189 or Ultron PCC189 white label. But thing is, Siemens tends to be pretty expensive (I got mine ridiculously cheap) and Ultron is hard to find but in EU it`s dirt cheap. If you have to exclude those tubes for those reasons, then most widely available and with ok price would be Amperex OG, cheaper option is Philips PCC189. If money isn`t problem - go straight for Amperex 7308 (haven`t heard it yet) or mint condition Amperex OG or Siemens PCC189.

Well, consider that this all is only my personal opinion with my rig, my recommendations would not fit for everyone.

I'm pretty new to this forum and I'm wondering if this item is the same as the siemens pcc189 that you described above? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-PCC189-7ES8-E88CC-6DJ8-6922-SIEMENS-GERMANY-NOS-NIB-100-/141076874358?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item20d8d64476

Yes, it`s Siemens PCC189 but I can`t tell you for sure you`ll get the same sounding tube. My siemens has PCC189 marking, white 99327 code printed partly over Siemens S logo, cant read the upper part of etched code but under it is B7C3, and other side of tube it`s made in germany.

Oct 3, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #2,939 of 8,309
Finally got myself a Siemens e88cc from quartzacoustic a couple weeks back after decided to taste an upgrade for so long.

Not quite cheap but oh man, I think "holographic" as a term to describe headphone audio experience can be quite true afterall...

Oct 3, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #2,940 of 8,309

Users who are viewing this thread

Back