Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Apr 27, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #1,711 of 8,309
Oh man you're killing me, I'm still having a hard time acquiring a PCC189 tube. I remember another member on here who bought 10 of them. Was hoping I could buy one off of him but I think he went on to vacation not too long ago. Really wanting to try one though
72` and 70`Amperex Orange A-frames still burning in but I gotta say it, those who want to "tame down" highs - get Ultron PCC189 - both, white & gold labeled are less fatiguing and with smoother and more "open" highs than Amperex A-frame orange. Plus, with Ultron PCC189 you get littlebit tighter bass & kick. 

Amperex GAC single leg dimple disc is littlebit better than A-frame imo, same reason as Ultrons, less 
fatiguing and more smoother/open highs compared to A-frame. 

But difference is not so noticeable than with A-frame vs. Ultron.

Confirmed by me too. Difference between white (marked PCC189 7ES8, with grey center plate, large O-ring getter) and gold label ultrons is almost none, if anything, gold label has tinybit more tight bass/kick but it`s very hard to notice it.

Apr 27, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #1,714 of 8,309
Quote:

Hmm this seems quite strange indeed. I have compared my AKG K702 Anniversaries against my friends HD650 and even though the AKGs are lower impedance headphones I felt they needed more juice from the amp. Both ran just fine using 0 db gain imo. How are your computer settings? I use Foobar / wasapi event output / max volume output (both foobar and spdif interface).

http://i.imgur.com/VBWrBnr.jpg

there's my setup right now, i also made sure to switch to 24bit/96khz in the advanced field. any other options i should be checking?

Apr 27, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #1,715 of 8,309
I came back from 12 days at work yesterday and picked up the shipment straight away. 
biggrin.gif

I actually got 11 tubes, 10 Ultron's and one Valvo PCC189 in an Ultron box.... Of the 10 Ultron's, I got three different types. Six "SQ" 7ES8, two normal 7ES8 and two only saying PCC189 on the box.

I took some pictures of them so you can see the difference.

My plan was to send out 5-6 of the tubes, but since they are of three different types, I want to keep more. I'll only be sending out 2-3 of the SQ type. Sorry guys.
frown.gif

Apr 27, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #1,716 of 8,309
Quote:

Hmm this seems quite strange indeed. I have compared my AKG K702 Anniversaries against my friends HD650 and even though the AKGs are lower impedance headphones I felt they needed more juice from the amp. Both ran just fine using 0 db gain imo. How are your computer settings? I use Foobar / wasapi event output / max volume output (both foobar and spdif interface).

Really? I own Q701's and I think the T1 more than enough for them, and the K702 anniversaries and Q701 use the same drivers. I used to own an m-stage too which is supposed to be a match made in heaven for them. To each their own I guess.

Apr 27, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #1,717 of 8,309
Do you think you can possibly hook me up with one of those SQ tubes?  I've been searching all over and can't find any of these for sale in the US. @_@.  I will be forever in your debt!

Quote:
I came back from 12 days at work yesterday and picked up the shipment straight away. 
biggrin.gif

I actually got 11 tubes, 10 Ultron's and one Valvo PCC189 in an Ultron box.... Of the 10 Ultron's, I got three different types. Six "SQ" 7ES8, two normal 7ES8 and two only saying PCC189 on the box.

My plan was to send out 5-6 of the tubes, but since they are of three different types, I want to keep more. I'll only be sending out 2-3 of the SQ type. Sorry guys.
frown.gif

Apr 28, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #1,718 of 8,309
Quote:
Really? I own Q701's and I think the T1 more than enough for them, and the K702 anniversaries and Q701 use the same drivers. I used to own an m-stage too which is supposed to be a match made in heaven for them. To each their own I guess.

Guys I think you are misunderstanding my point here. I said both headphones run just fine using 0 db gain, BUT even though K702 are lower impedance cans they seem to need more juice than the HD650. So just to be absolutely clear: according to my experiences T1 has enough power to run both K702 and HD650 just fine even with 0 db gain.

Quote:
frown.gif

Don't feel bad. Your tubes your rules and these are keepers for sure :wink:

Quote:
http://i.imgur.com/VBWrBnr.jpg

there's my setup right now, i also made sure to switch to 24bit/96khz in the advanced field. any other options i should be checking?

Here is my setup in case someone is interested:

Apr 28, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #1,719 of 8,309
Quote:
biggrin.gif

frown.gif

Definitely recommend to keep at least 2 Gold label SQ`s!
But the other white logo ultrons... are they all with metal vertical center plate? Also your white ones seem to have small o-ring getter. That version is still not compared by me against SQ.
Would maybe like to have one of them to see if it is same sounding as my white (grey vertical center plate, large O-ring getter) & gold label ultrons.
Also, can you tell us your tubes markings (vertical nr. codes & is the glass bottom without nr/letter)? 

Apr 28, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #1,720 of 8,309
Looks like it's a scam after all!

[size=small]We're writing to let you know that this listing for an item you won or bid on is no longer available:[/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]130889822865 - Aune T1 DAC Hi-Fi Pre-amp Audio Amp 24Bit 96KHz 6N11 Tube Headphone Amplifier[/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]We understand this may be disappointing, but occasionally we need to remove listings. In some cases, the item itself is fine, but was listed in a way that didn't follow eBay's guidelines.[/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]Here's what you can do next:[/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]-- If you already paid, received your item, and you're satisfied, please disregard this notice. [/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small]-- If you won the item but haven't paid, don't pay. Since eBay removed the listing, you're no longer obligated to go through with the transaction.[/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small]-- If you already paid for this item through eBay, and it's past the estimated delivery time, you can open a case in our Resolution Center. Click the link below, and select the "I haven't received it yet" option. This will guide you through the process of opening a case.[/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small]http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com[/size]

Apr 28, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #1,721 of 8,309
Looks like it's a scam after all!

[size=small]We're writing to let you know that this listing for an item you won or bid on is no longer available:[/size]
[size=small][/size]

[size=small][/size]

[size=small]130889822865 - Aune T1 DAC Hi-Fi Pre-amp Audio Amp 24Bit 96KHz 6N11 Tube Headphone Amplifier[/size]
[size=small][/size]

[size=small][/size]

[size=small]We understand this may be disappointing, but occasionally we need to remove listings. In some cases, the item itself is fine, but was listed in a way that didn't follow eBay's guidelines.[/size]
[size=small][/size]

[size=small][/size]

[size=small]Here's what you can do next:[/size]
[size=small][/size]

[size=small][/size]

[size=small]-- If you already paid, received your item, and you're satisfied, please disregard this notice. [/size]
[size=small][/size]

[size=small]-- If you won the item but haven't paid, don't pay. Since eBay removed the listing, you're no longer obligated to go through with the transaction.[/size]
[size=small][/size]

[size=small]-- If you already paid for this item through eBay, and it's past the estimated delivery time, you can open a case in our Resolution Center. Click the link below, and select the "I haven't received it yet" option. This will guide you through the process of opening a case.[/size]
[size=small][/size]

[size=small]http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com[/size]

Yup. Got the same notice. Says we still have to wait until after the delivery date though.

Apr 28, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #1,722 of 8,309
I already opened a case on the resolution center.. don't see the point in waiting.  especially if this guy had his ebay account removed.. hopefully it just autocloses after 5 days and my money is refunded

Apr 28, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #1,724 of 8,309
Gosh, how many of you got scammed? I hope this gets resolved quickly.

Quote:
Does the amp come with any software at all?

Or is it basically plug it into the USB port and get a flat response.

I always like the option to have an EQ if I need one.

Nope, no software or CD or anything. Plug and play, although windows might update the audio driver to support the DAC unit, depending on your driver version.

Apr 28, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #1,725 of 8,309
Hi Guys,

Newbie here.  Sorry for the rudimentary question, but I wasn't able to find an answer by searching.

It is generally considered "bad" to leave the Aune T1 powered on 24/7?  Will it shorten the life of the tube or the internal components, even it no sound is being processed?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

-Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back