Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Apr 24, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #1,651 of 8,309
Quote:
Try it on a different computer and see if you have the same issues. Otherwise, it is an OS issue and not a T1 issue.

Thanks for your suggestion.I just tried using it with my home laptop. Both work and home latops are on Mac OS but the home laptop's OS is up-to-date.

I'm experiencing the same disappearing T1 in the output device list. The only difference is the T1 worked for 5 mins before disappearing.

I had expect it to either work or not work. I'm quite confounded by this intermittent issue. Right now it's stopped appearing completely.

Apr 24, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #1,652 of 8,309
Apr 24, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #1,653 of 8,309
I think they're more important on power tubes. I just got a darkvoice 336se and the 6as7 power tube gets warm like a space heater. heck, the whole amp gets fairly hot. almost can't hold my hand against it on certain parts.

Apr 24, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #1,654 of 8,309
Thanks for your suggestion.I just tried using it with my home laptop. Both work and home latops are on Mac OS but the home laptop's OS is up-to-date.

I'm experiencing the same disappearing T1 in the output device list. The only difference is the T1 worked for 5 mins before disappearing.

I had expect it to either work or not work. I'm quite confounded by this intermittent issue. Right now it's stopped appearing completely.
Windows machine? confirmed working on win 7& 8. Work got us mobile workstations aka souped up laptops. core i7 w/ 16gbs of ram. :d

Apr 24, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #1,655 of 8,309
Kinda sidenote, but I just received a Magni from another member on these forum and been playing around with it.  Move over Magni/Modi!, it's all about the Magni/T1 stack! ;p

http://cdn.head-fi.org/c/ca/900x900px-LL-cab947f7_SAM_0012.jpeg

Apr 24, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #1,656 of 8,309
Quote:
Kinda sidenote, but I just received a Magni from another member on these forum and been playing around with it.  Move over Magni/Modi!, it's all about the Magni/T1 stack! ;p

http://cdn.head-fi.org/c/ca/900x900px-LL-cab947f7_SAM_0012.jpeg

Looks nice man! How does the amp portion of the T1 compare to the Magni?

Apr 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #1,657 of 8,309
Quote:

Hmmm, I seem to recall someone else having issues using it with the Mac OS. Try it with a Win7 machine, if you can, to nail down whether its the T1 or the Mac OS. 

Apr 24, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #1,660 of 8,309
Quote:

Looks nice man! How does the amp portion of the T1 compare to the Magni?

I'm not sure if it's just my imagination, but the highs seem a little more tamed down when using the Magni's amp portion.  Powerwise, the Magni should be a little more powerful as it puts out 1200mw at 32ohm while the T1 puts out 1000mw at 32ohm  (if going by the knobs, the Magni is more powerful than the T1 at +10db gain).  I'm using the T1 with my pair of 600ohm DT880, and as MrEleventy said in another post, the DT990s and DT880s can sound a bit sibilant on some songs when using the T1's internal amp.  Using the line-out to the Magni, I no longer notice the sibilance on those same songs. 

Does anyone else out there have a Magni that they can run with their T1 to confirm my findings?  For all I know it could just all be in my mind O_o

Apr 24, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #1,661 of 8,309
I feel the same way, it's like with more power the highs get tamed on the dts 600 ohms. They smooth out and just sparkle. fwiw, the t1 outputs the most volts at 10+ db and that's the setting that I compared the t1 amp vs the objective2 stock 2.5x gain. the o2 sounded better overall.

Apr 24, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #1,662 of 8,309
Quote:
Windows machine? confirmed working on win 7& 8. Work got us mobile workstations aka souped up laptops. core i7 w/ 16gbs of ram. :d

I'm on Macs at home and work.

Quote:
Hmmm, I seem to recall someone else having issues using it with the Mac OS. Try it with a Win7 machine, if you can, to nail down whether its the T1 or the Mac OS. 

I don't have access to any Windows machine.

The T1 is suppose to work with Macs isn't it? Not suggesting they're the same but I never had a problem with my old Go-Vibe Petite.

Are there any T1 owners on Mac, can someone share their experience?

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #1,664 of 8,309
Thanks, just did the search. Found some posts referencing Macs from toschek and zerogun.

Given that the T1 appeared and disappeared, there is a possibility the USB ports do not have enough power.

However, at work, I tried all the USB ports on my Macbook Pro and the Cinema Display. At home, I had nothing else plugged into USB except for the T1.

And if I remember correctly Coil mentioned the T1 does not draw power from USB.

So I remain stumped. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back