Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Jan 22, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #271 of 8,309
Hello everyone! I've just bought the Aune T1 plus 2 Tubes (ElectroHarmonix 6922 &  Genalex-Goldlion E88CC) from Quartz Acoustic! Can't wait to try with my new HD598.

Jan 22, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #272 of 8,309
Quote:
Hello everyone! I've just bought the Aune T1 plus 2 Tubes (ElectroHarmonix 6922 &  Genalex-Goldlion E88CC) from Quartz Acoustic! Can't wait to try with my new HD598.

Congrats, tell us how you like it!

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #274 of 8,309
Just read the whole thread
blink.gif

I'm just about sold on this little gadget - along with maybe (2) additional tubes to "roll" a bit.

At the moment it would be laptop > Foobar > Aune T1 > MTH-M50's  (Any feedback on this setup?)

My last big question is this - is the RCA line out amp'ed? Could I run from the RCA out on the T1 to an RCA input on my Onkyo 606 reciever/amp that is driving two Klipsch bookshelf speakers? Or would I melt something?

This way I could listen with headphones but also just pop on the Onkyo and listen through the Klipsch speakers.

thanks!

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #277 of 8,309
Just read the whole thread :blink:

I'm just about sold on this little gadget - along with maybe (2) additional tubes to "roll" a bit.

At the moment it would be laptop > Foobar > Aune T1 > MTH-M50's  (Any feedback on this setup?)

My last big question is this - is the RCA line out amp'ed? Could I run from the RCA out on the T1 to an RCA input on my Onkyo 606 reciever/amp that is driving two Klipsch bookshelf speakers? Or would I melt something?

This way I could listen with headphones but also just pop on the Onkyo and listen through the Klipsch speakers.

thanks!

Your proposed setup of headphones and speakers on the T1 will work perfectly fine. It's similar to my setup. Edit: Also to clarify, no the RCA out is not amped. Only the headphone out is amped.

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #278 of 8,309
Quote:
@ryuworks Did you buy the amp from their ebay store or from another vendor?   Their customer service is pretty easy to deal with and I am sure they will exchange the 110v one for 220v if you send them an email explaining the mistake.   You may even be able to buy the proper transformer from them if you didn't buy directly from them.   The ebay userid is wsz0304.

Like I said, they are really easy-going.   They even sent me new tube covers when I broke mine for free (and that was clearly my fault).

Thanks! Contacted them directly through the aune site, and got a number of a local distributor from whom I've bought the correct transformer from. They advised me that an exchange will probably incur higher costs in the form of shipping costs, so I gave up on the idea.

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #279 of 8,309
Just got my Aune T1 with the Genalex-Goldlion E88CC tube from Quartz Acoustic.  Definitely an improvement over my laptops soundcard so far, still need to do a proper burn in.  But the bass definitely has the impact I wanted with my M-100's that I noticed my laptop lacked compared to other sources.  Quite satisfied with this purchase and the unit feels pretty solid.

Jan 23, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #280 of 8,309
Quote:
Just got my Aune T1 with the Genalex-Goldlion E88CC tube from Quartz Acoustic.  Definitely an improvement over my laptops soundcard so far, still need to do a proper burn in.  But the bass definitely has the impact I wanted with my M-100's that I noticed my laptop lacked compared to other sources.  Quite satisfied with this purchase and the unit feels pretty solid.

M100 has a loooooong burn in period from my experience, the ringing in the mids (particularly with rock) eventually disappears completely (and it's not me getting used to the sound, I assure you), also the harsh edge on the treble tames. So make sure your M100's are completely burn't in. 

I dunno if I would pair the M100 with a tube, its already coloured. Then again the Vamp is also coloured and they sound FANTASTIC together. So does the AKG K242HD. 

And they do benefit from amping. 

Give some feedback and comparisons if possible after its all sorted.

Jan 23, 2013 at 6:46 AM Post #281 of 8,309
Quote:
M100 has a loooooong burn in period from my experience, the ringing in the mids (particularly with rock) eventually disappears completely (and it's not me getting used to the sound, I assure you), also the harsh edge on the treble tames. So make sure your M100's are completely burn't in. 

I dunno if I would pair the M100 with a tube, its already coloured. Then again the Vamp is also coloured and they sound FANTASTIC together. So does the AKG K242HD. 

And they do benefit from amping. 

Give some feedback and comparisons if possible after its all sorted.

My M-100's are well burned in, they are from the first production run and have been used everyday.  I wanted try a coloured headphone amp with them and so far it seems to pair quite well, very fun which is why I ordered the M-100's in the first place.

Jan 23, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #283 of 8,309
Quote:
Your proposed setup of headphones and speakers on the T1 will work perfectly fine. It's similar to my setup. Edit: Also to clarify, no the RCA out is not amped. Only the headphone out is amped.

Yup - looks like it.

I'm using the Onkyo 606 because it was in the closet. It was my main home-theater amp/brain until the HDMI switch broke, making it a "blind Samurai" (common for the model) It seems a little over-qualified to use for two in's pumped to two bookshelf's but it was free.
atsmile.gif

I'll be ordering the Aune very soon, just need to settle on (2) different tubes.

...nice speakers, by the way.

Jan 23, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #284 of 8,309
Would it be possible to create a list of names and purchase links for all the tubes mentioned in the thread so far that work well with the T1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back