Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Nov 17, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #18 of 8,309
I'm new here, but I have two questions for anyone who owns an Aune T1.

The first is what type of AC adapter/Power Brick came with the amp?

The second question is about size; could someone provide a visual example of the amp in relation to a common item (e.g. a picture of the T1 sitting on top of a CD case, or next to a stack of CDs).

I know I'm new here, and it's a bit rude of me to make such requests, but I'm curious about this device and have had a hard time finding any photos of it other than the "showroom" photos posted by the seller.

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #19 of 8,309
Quote:
I'm new here, but I have two questions for anyone who owns an Aune T1.
The first is what type of AC adapter/Power Brick came with the amp?
The second question is about size; could someone provide a visual example of the amp in relation to a common item (e.g. a picture of the T1 sitting on top of a CD case, or next to a stack of CDs).
I know I'm new here, and it's a bit rude of me to make such requests, but I'm curious about this device and have had a hard time finding any photos of it other than the "showroom" photos posted by the seller.

Might want to check out the thread at Rock Grotto for your questions.  I found this picture there for a decent size comparison.

Nov 18, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #20 of 8,309
Sure I'll post better comparison pics for you when I get home. No problem. :)

**Edit: here are the pictures.

These pictures compare the size with the Sansa Fuze + FiiO E11.

The AC adapter that comes with the amp is the T1 - 1504, 5 pin power adapter, US power socket socket. Input AC is 230V - 50/60Hz. Output AC 15V - 0V - 15V

I want to snap the picture but its quite dark, but google images is showing different power bricks. Hope this helps.

**Edit 2: Holy crraps. I thought the DAC unit in the Aune T1 is already good since its a 24 bit one n all. I changed DAC and used the UD100 and the quality had greatly improved. 16 bits be damned, these are better.
This is my first impression, I think I'll be doing some serious comparison letter. But for now I can say that they sound more engaging, the bass quality and quantity has vastly improved, the distortion in loud volumes is virtually nonexistent, but the highs I think is a bit more pronounced but not sure whether in a good or bad way.

Nov 18, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #21 of 8,309
Quote: "Holy crraps. I thought the DAC unit in the Aune T1 is already good since its a 24 bit one n all. I changed DAC and used the UD100 and the quality had greatly improved. 16 bits be damned, these are better."

I would like to hear more about this comparison. :)

Thank you for the pictures.

I'm curious to try an Aune amp again (I had one of their mini amps at one time), but I'm not sure if I should give the T1 or the X1 a test.

Nov 19, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #22 of 8,309
I'm currently running E9/E17 rig, DSnuts have you received your Aune T1 yet?! I'm getting the itch...
L3000.gif

Nov 19, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #24 of 8,309
I should be getting it here this week. Will let you guys know if it is worth the price of admission. I also ended up getting that same Voskhod tube mentioned on the OP. It will be interesting to hear how much different these are compared to my Bravo Ocean tube amp which I like a lot. There seems to be some buzz online about these AUNE T1s. Seems to be a great bang for buck DAC/AMP..Will see soon enough.

Nov 20, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #26 of 8,309
Had my sound test starting yesterday. I am glad I bought the tube mentioned earlier as well, since there is no tube in the box (I thought one came with it, but I was wrong). So far, loving it. I am using the T1 with a pair of new Grado SR225i, no mods just the L Cush foamies, and JRiver Mediacenter with WASAPI enabled. I did tweak the bass a bit using the EQ on MC, but just a bit.

I can only say that I am blown away. I was using the UD100/CmoyBB combo, which was nice, very nice. But the T1 is better. I sent away for a Monoprice cable to use as a line out from the UD100 DAC, just to see which DAC I prefer. I do have some 24/96 files, which the UD100 does not play at full rez. I also ordered the HiFiMeDiy DAC (same as UD100 but with 24/96) and will try that too.

Just be careful putting the tube in the holes, its snug. I am going to let the T1 burn in for 100 hours or so, but only when at my desk listening. Makes me nervous to leave it untended in my office. Something about the tube burning seems risky, though I know it's no doubt safe.

Nov 20, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #27 of 8,309
Quote:
Had my sound test starting yesterday. I am glad I bought the tube mentioned earlier as well, since there is no tube in the box (I thought one came with it, but I was wrong). So far, loving it. I am using the T1 with a pair of new Grado SR225i, no mods just the L Cush foamies, and JRiver Mediacenter with WASAPI enabled. I did tweak the bass a bit using the EQ on MC, but just a bit.

I can only say that I am blown away. I was using the UD100/CmoyBB combo, which was nice, very nice. But the T1 is better. I sent away for a Monoprice cable to use as a line out from the UD100 DAC, just to see which DAC I prefer. I do have some 24/96 files, which the UD100 does not play at full rez. I also ordered the HiFiMeDiy DAC (same as UD100 but with 24/96) and will try that too.

Just be careful putting the tube in the holes, its snug. I am going to let the T1 burn in for 100 hours or so, but only when at my desk listening. Makes me nervous to leave it untended in my office. Something about the tube burning seems risky, though I know it's no doubt safe.

Are you sure you didnt get a tube? There should be a circular cut out next to where the plastic frame thingy is held in the foam part of the box. If you take out that circular cut out that is where the tube is. You can take a look at my box that circular cut out has the tube in there.  Well it's not a big deal actually as the new tube seems to be an upgrade from the provided one.

Nov 20, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #28 of 8,309
This should be intersting, just about to pull the trigger on a T1!! Looking at the pictures posted here, the thing looks awesome! Should go well with my desktop setup!!
L3000.gif

Nov 20, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #29 of 8,309
Quote:
Are you sure you didnt get a tube? There should be a circular cut out next to where the plastic frame thingy is held in the foam part of the box. If you take out that circular cut out that is where the tube is. You can take a look at my box that circular cut out has the tube in there.  Well it's not a big deal actually as the new tube seems to be an upgrade from the provided one.

Oops, you are right sir. Therein lies the tube. No matter, I used the aftermarket one anyway. I guess I will keep the original of course but it won't get much use. I didn't even peel off the brown paper on the plastic "protectors" until I saw the photos above. A real newb here. Meantime, the T1 keeps sounding great.

Nov 20, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #30 of 8,309
Ya it looks like the tube was recommended from one of the admins at Rock grotto. Using my UE6000 and HD595. Just freaking awesome sounding..I know I am a ways from full break in but this sounds fantastic to me.  The tube seems to be a great match for this as well. I will eventually test out the one they provided as it is supposed to be the best match for the T1 but at this point I can't possibly imagine the stock tube sounding better than this voskhod tube.
I can tell this is a powerful unit as well. Even on zero gain I have plenty of volume. She is a beautiful unit. Worth your hard earned cash imo. Another quick observation. I noticed the housing is all machined aluminum. This is a great design as it helps dissipate the heat emitted from the tube. My Bravo amp is the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back