Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
May 13, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #8,281 of 8,309
ok...got mine in the mail today....here are the photos:

https://ibb.co/7WXk5R8
https://ibb.co/D7DNrWP

This is the MK3 right ? and where can I find the power specs ? are the following power specs correct:?

32ohm: 1000MW
120ohm: 400MW
300ohm: 150MW

What is the MK2 power specs ?
Yes. That's T1SE (MK3). Congratulations.

The official power output is 240mw @300ohm. There's no official power spec for 32 or 120 ohm.
Those numbers that you've mentioned are for MK2.

One of the improvements of T1SE compared to MK2 is the amp section. It's more powerful and sounds better.

Don't know if you bought it new or not, but if you've bought it new, the tube (6922EH) needs lots of burn-in to sound good. I'm talking about 200 hours or so. Don't run it 24 hours, though.

Last edited:
May 16, 2021 at 7:47 AM Post #8,283 of 8,309
Is there a way to figure this out ? Has anyone done any measurements ? Will Aune give out this info if I contact them ?

I want to buy around 5 different tubes for this....what is your recommendation ? or should I read through this thread ?
Someone has to measure T1SE. I couldn't find anyone who has measured it.

For tubes, personally, I like the stock tube the most because it's the most neutral one. I recommend these:

Genalex Gold Lion E88CC
Amperex 7308

I would be better to search the thread or at least read the first post for tube reviews. They change the sound signature, that's for sure but the result is subjective.

May 20, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #8,284 of 8,309
Since this amp has an output impedance of 10 ohms, does it match well with the following headphones:?

Sennheiser HD58x 150 ohms
AKG K701 63 ohms
Sony MA900 12 ohms
Hifiman HE-400 35 ohms
Fostex T50RPMK3 50 ohms
Grado SR225i 32 ohms
M-Audio Q40 64 ohms
KOSS Prodj200 38 ohms
Creative Aurvana Live 2 32 ohms
Sennheiser PX 100-II 32 ohms
Panasonic RP-HTF600-S 56 ohms
KOSS KSC75 60 ohms
KOSS KSC35 60 ohms

The official Manual says:

Suitable Headphone impedance: 30 ohms - 600 ohms

Last edited:
May 20, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #8,285 of 8,309
Since this amp has an output impedance of 10 ohms, does it match well with the following headphones:?

Sennheiser HD58x 150 ohms
AKG K701 63 ohms
Sony MA900 12 ohms
Hifiman HE-400 35 ohms
Fostex T50RPMK3 50 ohms
Grado SR225i 32 ohms
M-Audio Q40 64 ohms
KOSS Prodj200 38 ohms
Creative Aurvana Live 2 32 ohms
Sennheiser PX 100-II 32 ohms
Panasonic RP-HTF600-S 56 ohms
KOSS KSC75 60 ohms
KOSS KSC35 60 ohms

The official Manual says:

Suitable Headphone impedance: 30 ohms - 600 ohms
For 80 ohms and above, you wouldn't have any problem.

For under 80 ohms, if the impedance curve of the headphones is flat, you can run them with T1SE. Most planar headphones have flat impedance curve. The sound signature of some dynamic headphones which are under 80 ohms would change since their impedance curve isn't usually flat.

About power, T1SE can run almost all dynamic headphones. Your list doesn't have any hard to drive dynamic headphones.
For planars like T50RPMK3, the amp may distort at high volume. Not many amps can drive T50RPMK3 at high volume.

From the list, You wouldn't have any problem running these at moderate volume:

Sennheiser HD58x
AKG K701
Hifiman HE-400
Fostex T50RPMK3
Grado SR225i (about 0.5 db increase around 70hz. Shouldn't be noticeable)
Creative Aurvana Live 2 (about 0.7 db increase around 40hz. Shouldn't be noticeable)
Sennheiser PX 100-II (about 0.8 db increase around 60hz. Shouldn't be noticeable)

If These headphones use the same driver as Porta Pro, the sound signature would change:
KOSS KSC75
KOSS KSC35
About 0.8 db around 100hz. Would be noticeable, I think.

I don't know about the else.

Aug 8, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #8,286 of 8,309
I've owned the T1SE for a little over a year now. I've noticed a while ago that there's an issue with channel balance at lower volumes. Anything below 35-40% volume will make the left channel quieter than the right one. The lower the volume gets, the bigger the imbalance becomes with the left channel losing pretty much all sound when it gets below 5% while the right one is still working. I've tested this with different gain settings, headphones, tubes, players.

I normally run it at the lowest gain setting and usually listen at 40-50% volume, but when I want to just listen to something that's chill and sort of in the background, I'm getting dangerously close to that place where the sound might start getting screwy. It bothers me a little bit. What do I do? I hear the customer support at Aune ain't that great. Can I replace it?

Oct 24, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #8,287 of 8,309
I have an Aune T1 and DT 770 80 Ohms.

Im not interested in purchasing a new amp and trying to optimize my work audio setup (im unable to download EQ software)

Do you know if I could use both the Aune T1 Tube DAC and AMP with a Schiit Loki mini+ (would need to use both inputs and outputs on the devices to do this if its possible) or if I would ONLY be able to use the Tube Dac Outputs from the Aune T1 to the Loki and would need to route it to a separate amp.

Has anyone tried this?

Thank you in advance!

Nov 29, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #8,289 of 8,309
The Aune does not support analog in, only analog out so you wouldn't be able to use the Loki with the headphone stage of the Aune. You'll need to route it to a separate amp.

Hope this helps!
I came here looking for this, how would this work with an Aune T1 and then get a Magni Heresy and a Loki+?

Mar 28, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #8,291 of 8,309
You know, I'm 20+ dacs past the 'ol T1 days, and dusted off the old T1 a few days ago and hooked it up.

Long story short, I've wasted a lot of money since then. I should've stayed with just this T1 and been happy. Some of the upgrades I bought are without a doubt better, but this 'ol girl just sound so damn SMOOTH.

Apr 1, 2022 at 1:58 AM Post #8,294 of 8,309
You guys still around? If so, still using the T1? Or if not, what did ya'll upgrade to?
T1 v1 still up and running! Btw, if You can get one in aftermarked - strongly recommend to get it cheap and modify with new opamps and capacitors, it can get REALLY good with proper tube. Look at my profile to get more info about mods :wink:

Oct 3, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #8,295 of 8,309
Anyone familiar with Aune's new version — the T1s 4th Gen? Looks like it might be a nice upgrade. I only see it online in a few places, and very little info online about it generally. Currently looks a lot more expensive than its predecessor (around $500).
Well, a bit late, but I own it. I paired it with Genalex Gold Lion E88CC - sound was very clear, detailed, too much IMO, but the lamp itself stop playing at left channel after few months of using - Russian quality I think...

So I bought old Czechoslovakia Tesla's from 1969 - the sound become warm, much more musically finished instead being detailed. So fun, so good and pleasure to listen, I bought as a reserve two more Tesla's, remembering, how short Genalex works... Probably it was not necessary, old one's don't want to break, no matter how long I listen to them :wink:

About T1s - unluckly, I don't to much experience with other DAC/AMPs. I love this one - music is wider, have more air and space, than from my LG V50 ThinkQ. And still - more detailed. Very smooth. Don't work too good with highly effective headphones, ~30Ohms. I am using 75 Ohms impedence plug permanently - doing his miracle.

Probably the T1s is way better DAC/AMP than someone could think - and, at other side, not as good as someone could think... I think it's superb in terms of "giving music more music", making sound fuller, richer, warmer, super pleasant to listen. Still - detailed.

Important info - changing lamp has huge impact on the sound. I was surprised, because I've read that lamp is only to make small impact on the sound, colorized it's a bit. Well, I've noticed very clear difference with Genalex, Tesla and Electro-Harmonix lamps.

Bluetooth is really useful, I like to listen from my phone in silent.
Aune T1s works great with Ultrasone Edition Eleven. Highly reccomend.

Well, I really think I did good choice, buying this instead of X1s :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back