Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Jun 8, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #7,186 of 8,309
Show some better pictures of the Amperex and people might be able to help you ID it. Not all Amperex have gold pins, there are lots of Orange globe tubes that don't have gold pins. And it was very very common for other companies to print their own labels on the tubes after ordering so really not shocking to find a great tube with some obscure lettering. Anyway some close pics of it mid and upper getter in the pics would help.

I'd do a review of my many tubes but nearly everythings been said before so.

Jun 8, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #7,187 of 8,309
Not the best pics in terms of quality, but the DSLR i used to get pictures for the review had to go - its not mine. I hope these are sufficient. Thanks.

Jun 8, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #7,189 of 8,309
Wow.! Excellent work man, and thanks for taking your time to write up these observations. These will be very helpful when I soon will get my first non-stock amp. Cheers!

My pleasure. I actually enjoy doing reviews like these.

Tell us how it goes!

Jun 9, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #7,190 of 8,309
Hi Guys

Thanks for all responses it was the same on the server so its being returned.
Shame really. I will chat to amazon UK today to see if they can send a replacement asap.

Jun 9, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #7,191 of 8,309
  Hi Guys

Thanks for all responses it was the same on the server so its being returned.
Shame really. I will chat to amazon UK today to see if they can send a replacement asap.

Have same problem like you, even with the replacement. What's ur headphone? Best setting I can try now to live with it: 75% windows mixer, -3.25 or -5.05db foobar2k, 10db gain from the unit, try it :)

Jun 9, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #7,192 of 8,309
Just restarted my Tidal subscription as my source of music.
I have two different amps one the T1 the other a Matrix M-Stage HPA2.
I installed ASIO bridge via Hifi cable.
ASIO bridge recognizes the M-Stage but not the T1.
Tidal>ASIO Bridge>M-Stage music plays perfectly.
Tidal>T1 and I get random little "clicks" that interrupt my listening.

Anything I can do?

Edit: I didn't mean to post this here, but I'll leave it for now.

Jun 9, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #7,193 of 8,309
Try adjusting your buffer settings. If you're using windows, go to your power management and change the options so the CPU isn't idling.

Start-power options-change plan settings-change advanced power settings-processor power management-minimum processor state

Change that to 100%.

Jun 9, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #7,194 of 8,309
Try adjusting your buffer settings. If you're using windows, go to your power management and change the options so the CPU isn't idling.

Start-power options-change plan settings-change advanced power settings-processor power management-minimum processor state

Change that to 100%.

Wouldn't that overheat the CPU :s

Jun 9, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #7,196 of 8,309
Jun 10, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #7,197 of 8,309
Windows is crap. I've had problems in the past with other equipment based on the power management settings. These settings did not exist so stringently prior to Windows 7 (or perhaps Vista, though I never had an issue like this with that OS).

The settings won't harm your computer in any way, they simply tell Windows to stop trying to cripple the CPU in an attempt to save power. You can press crtl shift escape and look at the running tasks and CPU usage. It will simply idle when it doesn't need to be used.

Jun 16, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #7,200 of 8,309
Where did you buy it? You can check the transformer near the wall plug, I believe it may have a fuse inside. I can check mine tonight and get back to you on that.

Sales@auneaudio.com is one email for Aune
And you could try their website as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back