Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Aug 26, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #5,866 of 8,309

I was going to tell him the exact same thing, the Aune T1 can't decode things like DTS or DolbyD.  When you uncheck those boxes your movie player should default to PCM stereo output (at least PowerDVD 14 does) even though the incoming signal will say DTS or whatever it is in, the output should say LPCM 2.0 if it is working correctly, however you may have to manually set that in your movie player by selecting stereo output instead of having it auto detect.

You probably need to go into Sound Devices, Playback Devices, choose your Aune T1 and disable the DTS and Dolby Digital formats here: 

No dice, audio still freezing. If it helps, it also happens when switching youtube windows or to be honest, opening/switching between any window might glitch the audio

Aug 26, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #5,867 of 8,309
I had that issue before with my T1 and I messed around with the buffers a bit to get it working without any stuttering. 

Here's what I'm using for buffers at the moment, with no issues whatsoever:

Foobar -> File -> Preferences -> Playback -> Output 
I'm using WASAPI (event) SPDIF Interface (aune T1_24BIT USB DAC)
Buffer length on that page is 1000ms
Output data format is 24 bit

then Advanced -> Playback
Full file buffering up to 10000kb

then Playback -> WASAPI
Hardware buffer in MS - push mode: 1000
Hardware buffer in MS - event mode: 50
High worker process priority is checked.

Maybe that will help.

edit: Also, this 24bit support is an issue for me with the Aune X1. When I first got it, 24bit playback was fine... now it won't work. No idea what changed... maybe I'll try messing with it later and see if I can get 24bit to work with it. The T1 I have is working great though.

Aug 26, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #5,868 of 8,309
Man these new T1's have a lot of quality control issues. Everytime i scroll through this thread i see a new problem..

Aug 27, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #5,869 of 8,309
Anyone here had their Aune T1 usb part died? I think mine just did, cause when I started the dac, it was warming up as usual, and when I play music, nothing came out of it. So I checked device manager, and uninstalled the High Definition Audio Driver for the T1, switched off both pc and T1, and when I turned it on, "windows does not recognized new device" error code 43 appeared. Any ideas to solve this?

Ive tried using the line in, and it works fine. So the amp part of the T1 is still working, just wondering bout the dac part.

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #5,872 of 8,309
Got an amperex Jan white label 7308 from upscale today, now we're talking! This tube kicks ass. Good match for my HD 580's. Definitely an improvement in every way over the gold lion and eh6922, and its not even burnt in. Might order another one for a spare...

Aug 28, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #5,873 of 8,309
Got an amperex Jan white label 7308 from upscale today, now we're talking! This tube kicks ass. Good match for my HD 580's. Definitely an improvement in every way over the gold lion and eh6922, and its not even burnt in. Might order another one for a spare...

I agree. This is a great tube. Which version did you get? Driver grade was all I needed to get a big improvement over the eh6922. The Siemens E88CC IS A GOOD TUBE BUT STILL UP TO THE 7308.

Aug 28, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #5,874 of 8,309
Teb, driver grade cryo treated. Did you notice an improvement after some burn in? Seem to remember someone saying bass improves with burn in. That's my only very minor complaint, lost a bit of bass response compared to the gold lion. If not it's cool, still wipes the floor with it lol.
Marc

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #5,875 of 8,309

Check the box, but I'm pretty sure UA burns in all tubes they sell.  My green label 7308 is pretty nice, too.  Good choice!

Aug 29, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #5,877 of 8,309
According to the folks at Massdrop, Aune's response to the missing 24 bit support is apparently finalized, just waiting on their CEO's approval. That they need such a formal statement makes me think we won't get a simple firmware fix.

Aug 29, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #5,878 of 8,309
Totally agree,

I won't be looking any further than the 7308. I have a green label JAN. IMO I actually quite like the bass, super tight and well defined. Excellent bass resolution compared to the stock 6922 and lovely soundstage.

Aug 29, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #5,879 of 8,309
Think I'm done too. Really liking the tube. May just swap in the gold lion for some bass light albums that I have. On a side note, if anyone has Holland by the beach boys, you have to check out steamboat with this tube, its ridiculously awesome.
Marc
Totally agree,

I won't be looking any further than the 7308. I have a green label JAN. IMO I actually quite like the bass, super tight and well defined. Excellent bass resolution compared to the stock 6922 and lovely soundstage.

Aug 29, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #5,880 of 8,309
From what I understood it's not missing 24 bit support , it's more of mislabeled 24 bit support. But either way could care less if it doesn't do 24 bit /192 it's an entirely worthless upgrade and pointless product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back