Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Sep 1, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #5,896 of 8,309
  Does anybody have issues with audio glitching/freezing when switching application windows? i.e. I'm listening to something on WMP/foobar, then when I switch to chrome, I have a 2 second freeze on audio.
This is also happening a lot when I'm watching a video on VLC or GOM, AC3 audio or DTS

Did you get this issue fixed? I hope so... there is no reason for the T1 to stutter.

Quote:
  Anyone here had their Aune T1 usb part died? I think mine just did, cause when I started the dac, it was warming up as usual, and when I play music, nothing came out of it. So I checked device manager, and uninstalled the High Definition Audio Driver for the T1, switched off both pc and T1, and when I turned it on, "windows does not recognized new device" error code 43 appeared. Any ideas to solve this?

Ive tried using the line in, and it works fine. So the amp part of the T1 is still working, just wondering bout the dac part.

Did you get a chance to try a different USB cable? I really hope your usb receiver/DAC aren't dead.

Also, @sandab how many hours do you have on your upgraded caps? I am STILL hearing incredible new micro-detail, and the soundstage is still very, very slightly expanding. I am beyond impressed. I think I have over 150 hours now on mine.

Sep 2, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #5,897 of 8,309
@mikoss tried that also, different pc also(a laptop running windows 8, usb is working perfectly) also didnt work, so ive sent the t1 to the seller for RMA, now waiting for his response on thr condition of the t1. Im hoping for that too, or atleast getting a replacement.

Sep 2, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #5,899 of 8,309
@mikoss I have about 50-60 hours on it since the mod, and I like to think the soundstage is a little wider, but I haven't listened to it with the Beyerdynamic T1s or even HD650s yet.  It's at work and I was planning to bring it home at 100 hours for a more careful listen to it, both as a standalone DAC-amp and as a DAC...

Sep 3, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #5,900 of 8,309
  @mikoss I have about 50-60 hours on it since the mod, and I like to think the soundstage is a little wider, but I haven't listened to it with the Beyerdynamic T1s or even HD650s yet.  It's at work and I was planning to bring it home at 100 hours for a more careful listen to it, both as a standalone DAC-amp and as a DAC...

I'd love to hear your review and impressions vs your other gear after 100+ hours!

Sep 5, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #5,901 of 8,309
Hi guys,

new member in here, first post with bad experience.

I got second hand the Aune T1 in like new condition,
plugged it in, tube after 40secs went on, listened to music
for 20 secs and after that smoke started coming out of the case..

Powered it off immediately, terrible smell in the room.

Opened the case and the Lelon capacitors in the power supply had gone
There was also electrolyte leakage on the pcb.
No other visible damage to the unit, I think it's ok

It's very easy for me to replace the caps
but I don't know if this will happen again.

The unit comes with the original Aune power supply which has the US plug
but since I live in the UK I hooked it in my travel adapter.

Any ideas?

Cheers  

Sep 5, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #5,902 of 8,309
Is your travel adapter converting the voltage from 220 to 110v or just adapting the plug? Sounds to me like you may have put 220v onto the power transformer which doubled the power to the T1. Hopefully not.

Make sure you give it a 110v supply and at least 50 watts for your converter.

Sep 5, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #5,903 of 8,309
Sep 5, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #5,904 of 8,309
My Aune also have US plug but power adapter support 220v.
Please look on your power adapter and find out voltage that it have.

Sep 5, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #5,906 of 8,309
It should work with your travel adapter.
What tube was in Aune?

Sep 5, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #5,908 of 8,309
Looking at face of connector with all pins on the bottom and arrow at the top, far left and far right I measure 35V AC. Either far pin to the very middle bottom pin I measure 17V AC.

Sep 7, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #5,909 of 8,309
I don't mean to curse, but **** man these things are getting ****tier. Is the QC sleeping. Mine runs well aside from the channel imbalance from the DAC portion. Others who buy the earlier batches have no major problems too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back