Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Sep 8, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #5,912 of 8,309
I'm not sure what Chinese holidays Aune observes, but it seems like every other week since the missing 24 bit support discovery they go away for a week at a time. And they take a week to make a single statement. Mine is still working great for me, but the company is pretty ridiculous. 

Sep 8, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #5,914 of 8,309
Remove the rubber feet on the bottom and unscrew the 4 screws. It should come apart easily after that.

unscrewed the 4 screws (and the one on the back, in the middle of the RCA in/out), but somehow i cant really take it apart. i mean, i expected the top to come off but its stuck with the whole unit. The reason i want to take it apart is because i was doing the colored LED mod and accidentally dropped the tiny piece of paper inside the unit lol. Do you think that would affect it?

Sep 8, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #5,915 of 8,309
unscrewed the 4 screws (and the one on the back, in the middle of the RCA in/out), but somehow i cant really take it apart. i mean, i expected the top to come off but its stuck with the whole unit. The reason i want to take it apart is because i was doing the colored LED mod and accidentally dropped the tiny piece of paper inside the unit lol. Do you think that would affect it?
Do you mean the top lid? Taking the top lid off requires removing the volume knob and unscrewing the hex nut that's holding the lid to the pot.

Sep 8, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #5,918 of 8,309
Hi guys,

Spent a bit of time using the search, couldn't find an answer to my question - apologies if this has been addressed already.

I'm using the T1 via USB with a 2012 Macbook Pro running osx 10.8.5.

While plugged in it constantly forces the native volume control up to 100% leaving this image displayed on the screen:

http://www.osx-e.com/screenshots/osxvolumepreview.jpg

Driving me insane. Anyone else experienced this and knows how to fix it?

Many thanks!
lys.//

Sep 8, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #5,919 of 8,309
  Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I just got my T1 and every time i turn it on, my Windows volume gets set to 50%.  I can turn it back up to 100% but I'm curious as to why the volume changes when the T1 is turned on?

That is not an Aune T1 specific issue, I get the same glitch with my ZXR.  You have to manually drag it past 50% sometimes to get it to allow you past 50%, it is a Windows issue.

Sep 9, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #5,922 of 8,309
Bloody things, I found the problem

I opened the power supply, mains and neutral were joined ok but not the earth wires...
I think it was from the factory because I had to tear the coils insulation in order to find the wires.

I joined them temporary and now I have 18V in the middle point

I changed the caps, voltage regulators now are ok, but the tube is gone.

I'll post some photos later

Sep 9, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #5,924 of 8,309

I'm using the T1 via USB with a 2012 Macbook Pro running osx 10.8.5.

While plugged in it constantly forces the native volume control up to 100% leaving this image displayed on the screen:

http://www.osx-e.com/screenshots/osxvolumepreview.jpg

Hrmm... so does the volume icon remain on your screen the entire time the T1 is connected to your usb port?

I've used mine on a Macbook Air no problem at all, but I'm pretty sure the system volume control is locked at 100% while I'm using it. (which isn't a problem since the icon isn't constantly on the screen for me).

I take it that you tried going into apple icon->system preferences->sound and have selected the output device as the T1?
Maybe also try checking Application folder->utilities folder->Audio & Midi setup where you can select the T1 and change the format/volume settings...

Try playing around there... I don't have a Mac with me so I can't really test around myself, let me know if something works!

Sep 9, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #5,925 of 8,309
If anyone has a T1 for sale or knows someone who wants to sell theres... give me a PM. I wrecked mine (burnt up one of the transistors on it by accident) and would rather stick with this DAC then trying to find one that sounds as good. 
beyersmile.png

Using my X1 for now... just have about 80 hours on it but hopefully it gets better with time. It has a wider soundstage than the T1, but sounds more metallic, less clear, and less romantic overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back