Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Feb 13, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #4,651 of 8,309
Well, it would appear Salvatore's helpful links are gone (removed) 2/11/2014 - two days ago. That is a shame as it contained a lot of good information.

Perhaps time for a new and unique helpful thread ? Use this thread to answer day to day questions. Use that one to only house FAQ's ?

But this is now missing
http://www.head-fi.org/t/633006/aune-t1-usb-tube-dac-amp-discussion-thread-see-first-post-for-faq/2010#post_9502294

Feb 13, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #4,652 of 8,309

I settled on:

Mullard CV2492 gold pins
Amperex Ecc88 A-frame
Telefunken E88CC
Siemans CCa (1968)
6H23N Rocket Logo

My music tastes include rock, acoustic, female vocal, some classical, and contemporary country.  So, all over the map, basically.

I have 4 sets of cans, which allows for many can/tube combinations to explore--way too ambitious--but really, really a lot of fun.  I haven't done a thorough job of A/Bing--so it's been hit and miss. Therefore, I'm not yet in a position to provide solid conclusions. (FYI, I use only the DAC part of the Aune T1.) 

Feb 13, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #4,653 of 8,309
It seems Siemens is taking a lot of peoples top 3 tube choice and they are normally not as high price wise as Amperex ones (which are usually one above or below).

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #4,654 of 8,309
Very true on the Siemens...and since mine was GE labeled, I paid $19.95 + $2.88 shipping

They seem to range between $16 and $40 ...I would pay really close attention to test results posted...

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #4,656 of 8,309
Feb 13, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #4,658 of 8,309
  Do you want my cache of T1 tube info I saved off of this forum?

That would be great...also if you could get JOEQ70 to populate a link to it - It can just be called Member Information about the AUNET1 or some sort

Or as suggested, start a whole new thread just dedicated to FAQ. Not dialog, just the info.  Many newbies have pointed out that it is difficult to wade through 311 pages (and growing)

Feb 13, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #4,659 of 8,309
Recreated Salvatore's links post, nothing about it was an 'original' post so to speak. It was just a handy place for a lot of links, so I felt comfortable copying it. If this is a problem, someone let me know. 

General Aune T1 Info: 

joeq70's FAQ
Operation Explained
Technical Information / Product Description
User Manual
Gain Settings
Paspie's Unboxing

T1 Impressions & Comparisons:

Headfonia comparison against Schiit Magni/Modi
Impressions and Comparisons by RMac (Compares against Schiit Magni/Modi & FiiO E17)
Impressions & Review by White Lotus
Review by Illbetheone
Impressions by diaBoliQu3
Impressions by BenWaB3

T1 Tube Types:

List of supported tube types by lwrs10

Useful tube links:

Tube types/descriptions by Brent Jesse Recording & Supply, Inc. 
Condensed version by Salvatore

Tube Reviews & Impressions:

Joe's Tube Lore
icecap's impressions
tomatolicious' impressions
Gr3g277's impressions
dcfis' impressions
Salvatore's impressions, Pt. 1
Salvatore's impressions, Pt. 2
Auditore's impressions
Sarurururu's impressions
arcorob's impressions
lwrs10's impressions

Tube ID:

Tube ID tips from Tubemonger (Head-Fi post by HK_sends)

Factory Codes:

How to interpret factory and date codes by Salvatore
Amperex, Mullard, Philips and Valvo tube codes by Brent Jesse Recording & Suppy, Inc
Read and understand the codes [Tube-Classics.de]
Philips tube codes PDF
Philips factory valve codes PDF

Identifying Amperex Tubes:

How to identify by Salvatore

Miscellaneous audio links:

Describing Sound: A Glossary
Headphone Measurements Explained
Frequency Chart by Salvatore
Build a Headphone Graph

Again, original post by @Salvatore. I just recreated the post when we found out he took it down.

Feb 13, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #4,660 of 8,309
 It was actually the 6,3mm -> 3,5mm adapter that came with the Aune that was the culprit. I tried with the adapter I got with my V-modas and now it sounds fine... quite a relief.

Yep, I had the exact same problem! Right out of the box, the sounds was distorted, wavy, and completely unbalanced (loud guitars, vocals almost couldn't be heard). I panicked hard until I found this post. Turns out it was the cheapo 1/4" to 1/8" adapter... what a relief indeed!

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #4,661 of 8,309
  Recreated Salvatore's links post, nothing about it was an 'original' post so to speak. It was just a handy place for a lot of links, so I felt comfortable copying it. If this is a problem, someone let me know. 

General Aune T1 Info: 

joeq70's FAQ
Operation Explained
Technical Information / Product Description
User Manual
Gain Settings
Paspie's Unboxing

T1 Impressions & Comparisons:

Headfonia comparison against Schiit Magni/Modi
Impressions and Comparisons by RMac (Compares against Schiit Magni/Modi & FiiO E17)
Impressions & Review by White Lotus
Review by Illbetheone
Impressions by diaBoliQu3
Impressions by BenWaB3

T1 Tube Types:

List of supported tube types by lwrs10

Useful tube links:

Tube types/descriptions by Brent Jesse Recording & Supply, Inc. 
Condensed version by Salvatore

Tube Reviews & Impressions:

Joe's Tube Lore
icecap's impressions
tomatolicious' impressions
Gr3g277's impressions
dcfis' impressions
Salvatore's impressions, Pt. 1
Salvatore's impressions, Pt. 2
Auditore's impressions
Sarurururu's impressions
arcorob's impressions
lwrs10's impressions

Tube ID:

Tube ID tips from Tubemonger (Head-Fi post by HK_sends)

Factory Codes:

How to interpret factory and date codes by Salvatore
Amperex, Mullard, Philips and Valvo tube codes by Brent Jesse Recording & Suppy, Inc
Read and understand the codes [Tube-Classics.de]
Philips tube codes PDF
Philips factory valve codes PDF

Identifying Amperex Tubes:

How to identify by Salvatore

Miscellaneous audio links:

Describing Sound: A Glossary
Headphone Measurements Explained
Frequency Chart by Salvatore
Build a Headphone Graph

Again, original post by @Salvatore. I just recreated the post when we found out he took it down.

That is awesome...now the trick would be to get a MOD or someone to put it on page one OR start a new thread called AUNE T1 DAC -  FAQ and TUBE Data

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #4,662 of 8,309

That is awesome...now the trick would be to get a MOD or someone to put it on page one OR start a new thread called AUNE T1 DAC -  FAQ and TUBE Data

I'll send a PM to joeq70 asking him to update the first post. He had a link at the bottom to Salvatore's original post, but as that is gone now he'd simply have to change the link to this one. I also think that starting a new, non-discussion thread would be a good idea, just for raw information. Tube impressions, FAQ, reviews, and such would be going there, and that's about it. The downside is that there would probably be a number of posts made by people asking for help or advice; we'd have to direct them here to ask.

Feb 14, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #4,664 of 8,309
Well I tried to offer the post for someone to take it over. I knew this way someone would definitely do so. There's been so much negativity going on here lately that I'll be stepping back from the forums. It's not only the thread but I get accusations via PM too. Take care of the thread and try to behave. You can freely use whatever I've written here if it's helpful to someone. Peace.

Feb 14, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #4,665 of 8,309
I'm looking to replacing the 6922EH tube that came with my Aune T1. I read all 311 pages (took me hours) and have narrowed it down to just one tube: Amperex 6DJ8 orange globe. Man is this thing hard to find for cheap! 

Can anyone comment on the Amperex 6DJ8 PQ orange print? Is it comparable to the orange globe? Or should I just suck it up and pay $59 for the orange globe? http://tctubes.com/Amperex-6DJ8-ECC88-orange-globe.aspx 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back