Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Jan 10, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #4,126 of 8,309
we are talking about pretty easy/cheap upgrade here that could possibly make  "noticeable" difference for some  ...crap I'm prepped not to noticed any difference but I trust some of you here and willing to give it a shot ,this unit is worth $20 upgrade hands down ...for crying out loud guys, look how much some of us spending on tubes !?..I don't want to second guess myself down the road "what if ",I enjoy T1 and will pimp my ride  

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #4,128 of 8,309
  Try one of these
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6AQ8-ECC85-GE-Germany-NOS-/261196583816?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item3cd0879388

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GE-6AQ8-ECC-85-TUBE-NOS-/121188563068?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item1c3766b87c

Tempting, but I promised myself not to buy tubes anymore. I have too many already :wink:

I should make an all in one how to post titled "Pimp My Aune".

Sounds awesome. I won't even consider doing anything to my T1 before such guides. Thanks in advance.

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #4,130 of 8,309
I should make an all in one how to post titled "Pimp My Aune".

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Now that would be cool !!!

We could have parts changes, wood cases, tye dye paint jobs...flames, stripes...LOL

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #4,131 of 8,309
  we are talking about pretty easy/cheap upgrade here that could possibly make  "noticeable" difference for some  ...crap I'm prepped not to noticed any difference but I trust some of you here and willing to give it a shot ,this unit is worth $20 upgrade hands down ...for crying out loud guys, look how much some of us spending on tubes !?..I don't want to second guess myself down the road "what if ",I enjoy T1 and will pimp my ride  

And the first song played after the upgrade will be "Catch me ridin' dirty"....
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #4,132 of 8,309

Tempting, but I promised myself not to buy tubes anymore. I have too many already :wink:

Yes, but you will SELL the rest after one of these...LOL

Hey, anyone in EU who you could send yours to on this board that would do it for you ? I would but being in Seattle, WA USA , shipping both ways might be a bit pricey.

How about it head-fi'ers?

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #4,133 of 8,309
This is why I believe that HF is against sites like [Removed]. Sure it's "beneficial" to the consumers because we're buying in quantity so it'll be cheaper but it might also be cheaply made. The manu will have to produce those units unless they have stock in hand. What if they don't have the available parts in hand to accommodate the order? Then they'll need to shift to cheaper parts because it's a large order and they can't wait for their usual shipment of good parts. So lower quality stuff makes it in. As a consumer we get a buggier product. Prior to them appearing on [Removed], these things didn't break like that. Now, more of them are DOA or within a week. I don't think it's a mere coincidence and it's why I don't buy from [Removed] or Groupon/etc. Good idea in the short term but terrible all around in the long run. Just my .02 cents. *rant off*

Jan 10, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #4,135 of 8,309
I ordered one of these this past Sunday sold by Shenzhenaudio & fulfilled by Amazon. Is Shenzhen the official AUNE company or a go between? I would have had a lot of second thoughts about it if I had known of this issue before ordering. I'll just hope for the best.

Ben

Jan 10, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #4,136 of 8,309
I ordered one of these this past Sunday sold by Shenzhenaudio & fulfilled by Amazon. Is Shenzhen the official AUNE company or a go between? I would have had a lot of second thoughts about it if I had known of this issue before ordering. I'll just hope for the best.

Ben

I would not consider it an issue. Just more room for upgrading.

Jan 10, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #4,137 of 8,309
The latest one was at least the 3rd or 4th time Aune has put the T1 on MD. The initial one was back last year in May/June and shortly after, ppl came on here complaining about buzzing in their units or how their units wouldn't even power on.

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #4,139 of 8,309
The latest one was at least the 3rd or 4th time Aune has put the T1 on MD. The initial one was back last year in May/June and shortly after, ppl came on here complaining about buzzing in their units or how their units wouldn't even power on.

Mine was bought before, and still has offbrand capacitors in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back