Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Jul 30, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #5,686 of 8,309
I just received a T1 MK2 from AliExpress (doing everything in my power to avoid Paypal), and I have one question:

Anyone else having a hell of a time getting the plexiglass cover pieces into the holes around the tube?

I can't get them to fit, and aren't they supposed to be easily removed for when you switch tubes?

Jul 30, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #5,687 of 8,309
I just received a T1 MK2 from AliExpress (doing everything in my power to avoid Paypal), and I have one question:

Anyone else having a hell of a time getting the plexiglass cover pieces into the holes around the tube?

I can't get them to fit, and aren't they supposed to be easily removed for when you switch tubes?
Mine broke a loooong time ago but even if they weren't, I wouldn't use them. It makes it harder to roll. Plus, it still looks nice w/o it. :)

Jul 30, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #5,689 of 8,309
I broke those covers the first time I tried to use them, which was probably the best thing I could have done.  It looks much better without them, imo.

Jul 30, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #5,690 of 8,309
Ok... that doesn't sound good... guess I'll have to take a knife to those plastic edges...

Question number two then (and I guess I really need to read through this thread):

How do you switch the thing on?

I've hooked it up and tried both the USB and SW switch on the rear (that the manual doesn't tell me what it does), but nothing.

Nothing lights up, and there's no sound from the headphone jack...

Jul 30, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #5,694 of 8,309
Take off the bottom and see if you are getting a green light.

Jul 30, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #5,695 of 8,309
  Take off the bottom and see if you are getting a green light.

Sorry, it looks like there are rather big, clear rubber feet covering the screws for doing that, so I'm going to contact the seller before I do permanent damage on the thing (which I really don't want to do).

Bummer, but it looks like earlier in the thread that someone else got a MK2 DOA as well...

Jul 30, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #5,697 of 8,309
Plug everything in, flick the switch upwards and wait a min or two. If nothing happens, then it's DOA. Initial turn on take a little bit. I thought I had a DOA too at first. GL.

There's a 30 second warm up delay between turning it on and it activating the sound outputs.

Edit: Someone already said that and apparently I missed it >.>

Hopefully we don't have a case of another DOA T1

Jul 30, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #5,698 of 8,309
Ok, made sure the switch was in the upwards position, still no light. Nothing.

DOA MK2 for the second time on this forum in a couple of days apparently. So much for that QC sticker. :frowning2:

That SW switch btw barely moves. It feels like really shoddy quality with no firm "on" or "off" position...

Ugh, I hope I don't have to pay for shipping back to China. :frowning2:

PS. The power brick is huge and super heavy, but with really short cables! I can't even have it on the floor because the cable doesn't reach all the way up to where the T1 is on my desk, and it's a US plug. Does anyone build a EU replacement with perhaps longer cables and less ugly?

Jul 30, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #5,699 of 8,309
That's a bummer to hear. :frowning2: Mine is firm and snappy when turning on and off. It gives a satisfying audible click. Seems like the QC on the T1s have gone down hill ever since they've been popping up as a group buy option. A lot of those seem to have issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back