Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Jan 16, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #4,246 of 8,309
This all is your own selfish ego-centered emotional reflection of yourself.

I was not trying to be desperately right, I`m just looking at things in bigger picture - overall opinion about 6922EH.

But yeah, whatever.

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #4,247 of 8,309
Oh come on both of you. 

Coil, you are sometimes overbearing with what your opinions are on certain tubes. But who cares, its the internet. It could be a cultural difference or something, but does not really matter to me. I noticed the same thing as Rob, but no reason to really care on my end. Keep doing what you are doing, but tone down replying and pointing out your opinion on everyone elses like our opinions are invalid. You did this to me, and did this to Rob. Opinions are just that. State yours and move on. 

Rob, calm down man. Go get a beer. 

Remember we are all in this thread for the same reason......this wonderful el cheapo DAC that sounds wonderful in its stock form. I have owned MANY dacs, and the Aune stands its own against much higher priced dacs. 

Also need to remember everyones setup/gear/ears/opinions are different. Yes the "general" opinion on the EH6922 is pretty much the same. Does not mean some may like it more than others. There is also the "synergy" thing people do not usually think about. If your headphones are very neutral, then the EH 6922 might sound quite a bit worse. If you have cans like mine(DT990), the EH 6922 is not really all that bad. The EH 6922 did quite a decent job with metal with those headphones. 

One major advantage to tubes is you can try many may different ones and tailor the sound to your liking. You are not stuck to how that piece of equipment sounds out of the box. Your headphones too bright with the 6922? Get a softer sounding laid back tube. Headphones lacking that sparkly smooth treble? Get a tube that is in your face. 

See what I am getting at?

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #4,248 of 8,309
  This all is your own selfish ego-centered emotional reflection of yourself.

I was not trying to be desperately right, I`m just looking at things in bigger picture - overall opinion about 6922EH.

But yeah, whatever.

removed test in favor of LWRS10's common sense

Jan 16, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #4,249 of 8,309
On another note...CAPS in house .LWRS10...

The Nichicon 3300UF 25V arrived from Mouser. I should have ordered all from there. The others are from another source and I had to open a paypal case..No contact, nothing. Not ebay either.

I will re-order from a good source so I can get to this next week. Anxious to hear what you did.

Jan 16, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #4,250 of 8,309
Thanks LWRS10 first for the voice of reason...now help me understand something on the caps...LOL

So I ordered (new order) Panasonic 330uf 35v low esr Panasonics to replace the purple dudes...good choices as these are in the audio path , yes ?

Also, did you ever determine if the Nichicon's are real ? I ask because I really wont order and change if I don't have to. Just swap the Lelons and the purple acme';s

Thanks

Jan 16, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #4,251 of 8,309
  Thanks LWRS10 first for the voice of reason...now help me understand something on the caps...LOL

So I ordered (new order) Panasonic 330uf 35v low esr Panasonics to replace the purple dudes...good choices as these are in the audio path , yes ?

Also, did you ever determine if the Nichicon's are real ? I ask because I really wont order and change if I don't have to. Just swap the Lelons and the purple acme';s

Thanks

With all the caps i swapped in this thing, I ended up keeping the caps on the headphone board "stock" I only changed the 2 pairs of power supply caps, and this made the biggest difference.

Jan 16, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #4,252 of 8,309
So to be clear, the headphone board caps you left were the Nichichon's (that I don't have to buy), yes ? hmmm....wonder if the Panasonic low esr caps are good in a power path ?

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #4,254 of 8,309
  So to be clear, the headphone board caps you left were the Nichichon's (that I don't have to buy), yes ? hmmm....wonder if the Panasonic low esr caps are good in a power path ?

Rob,

Yes, the Panasonic caps will be just fine in the power path.

If you bought the other caps from headfishop, they are in China.... so it could take a while for anything ordered to get here.

-Mike

Jan 17, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #4,255 of 8,309
Thanks Mike ! I just wish all my parts were here at the same time..Would love to do it tomorrow morning
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #4,256 of 8,309
  Okay, made my order on caps:

1. Main power supply caps: http://uk.farnell.com/panasonic/eeufr1e332/capacitor-radial-25v-3300uf/dp/1800661
2. Secondary power supply caps & headphone amp rail voltage caps: http://uk.farnell.com/panasonic/eeufm1v471/cap-alu-elect-470uf-35v-can/dp/1219475
3. Headphone coupling caps. For this I couldn`t decide (because AM series lacks some datasheet information to compare) and took both:
http://uk.farnell.com/panasonic/eca1ham470x/capacitor-47uf-50v/dp/8767408 and http://uk.farnell.com/panasonic/eeufr1h470/capacitor-radial-50v-47uf/dp/2217571

Went through lot of options and data comparing. I ended up with all caps being Panasonic - they had best specs from options available to me (and there were quite a lot of them). Always had good experience with Panasonic products & quality :wink:

Hope these do better than stock caps! Have to wait about 2 week for them to arrive.

Finished re-capping:

Got to let it burn in. First initial impression - soundstage, separation & clarity improved littlebit but bass/midbass & dynamics might have gone littlebit worse. Hope things will smoothen out and improve with burning. Me thinking about swappable cap sockets ;D

Jan 17, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #4,257 of 8,309
AUNE USB DRIVERS

Okay, I am trying to help a friend having issues with his Windows 7 machine detecting the right USB driver for the AUNE. For the record, I have been up and down through all the usual processes for this so read carefully, see what the symptom is and what has already been tried...Then PLEASE help the guy ...LOL

First AUNE
He plugged it in and for some reason did not pass USB detecting - said it did not install properly

, also the unit took several minutes to come out of protect.
Check and his audio said USB AUDIO - Not connected
Check Device Manager and the USB had an entry for USB AUDIO DEVICE (the default device and driver)
I had him try a variety of things INCLUDING
Search for new driver, search for hardware changes, etc etc. No joy

He felt the device was bad and replaced.

Now today, new device. Passed detection, all on, no sound.
everything is hooked up correctly but when looking at his USB devices, the only thing other than Root hubs, is USB COMPOSITE DEVICE - 2 entries

Now when I plug it into MY Windows 7 machine and check device manager, the USB actually says AUNE T1 24/96 DAC

So I know its his software / confused, but can't figure how to help him. I would have him POINT to the right this (specify a location) but
1) Don't know where it would be
2) I don't think it really connected

Thoughts ?

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #4,258 of 8,309
is the "SW" switch in upper position ? 
I have mine hooked up to 3.0 USB ( I would update all USB [ it will update the HUB ] ) drivers -latest 
update Realtak HD as well (I have two sets of headphones hooked up to my PC so if I don't use DAC the other one kicks in ),I haven't had any issues
if he have spare HDD or SSD I would try to install windows /update and see if it works ,if it does then  he might have corrupted OS  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back