Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Dec 19, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #3,586 of 8,309
Originally Posted by money4me247 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You should test to see if you can isolate the issue to your T1. try just playing stuff direct from your source & if the issue reappears, it can be a computer/player/jack issue.

Yeah, did that already unfortunately.  It sounds fine when playing directly through the headphone jack or through my fiio E17.

Dec 19, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #3,587 of 8,309
Imo you should try another tube. Seems like a tube problem. 6922EH `s are pretty known not to last long. Well, my T1 has been burning lots of tubes long time and haven`t had any issues with tubes dying yet. If you are located in US then just grab that JAN Sylvania 6922 tube for example I mentioned before. ~17$ isn`t much for this good tube.

Dec 19, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #3,588 of 8,309
That happened to my DAC like a few months ago, I don't know why but I had to return it and get a new one. It wasn't the tube. I hope it does not happen again.. and it's happened to a few others here now it seems. I'm a little worried, but the new one from hong kong is doing very well at the moment. 

Just purchased an Amperax 7308 Platinum to go with my HE 400 and T1. Pretty excited! I heard people saying tubes die out over time, but if I spent 100$ on a tube... i'd hope it would last alot longer than just a year. Will update how it sounds! 

Good luck with the 7308, mine's great, even though I got "driver grade". For the past 6 months mine has performed perfectly. Keep us advised.

Dec 19, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #3,589 of 8,309
What's the consensus on a tube that will provide crisp detailed sound?

Dec 19, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #3,590 of 8,309
Many detailed sounding tubes out there but what exactly you mean about crisp? Imo something that sounds "crisp" has littlebit lack of mids section, thus more highs-emphasized sound, not that it`s a bad thing but depending on music genre some things might "lack of body". 

Dec 20, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #3,591 of 8,309
Would this pair nicely as a DAC for the HE-500 and Emotiva rig?

Dec 20, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #3,593 of 8,309
Would you say the aune t1 is better than the hrt ms2? Even in this specific rig too?

Dec 20, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #3,594 of 8,309
Would you say the aune t1 is better than the hrt ms2? Even in this specific rig too?

I had the headstreamer not the music streamer so I can't comment. The great thing about the T1 is you can easily change the sound by swapping tubes. You just have to grab some extra tubes and try them until you get the sound you want. A tube swap changes the sound significantly to the extent that its like a whole new piece of equipment with each tube.

Dec 20, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #3,595 of 8,309
I had the headstreamer not the music streamer so I can't comment. The great thing about the T1 is you can easily change the sound by swapping tubes. You just have to grab some extra tubes and try them until you get the sound you want. A tube swap changes the sound significantly to the extent that its like a whole new piece of equipment with each tube.

I've heard its better to get a tube amp paired w/ a ss dac rather than the tube dac + ss amp of the T1, as you want to keep the source signal as clean as possible before amping it. however, i'm sure the t1 performs admirably.

Dec 20, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #3,596 of 8,309
I'm considering getting the ms2 dac at $87 right now. I have to decide very soon and if I don't like it I could always put it back up on the classifieds. I'm wondering how it compares with the t1 dac though. Also if I can find a used t1 right now at around $100 I'd jump on it instead of the ms2 but I've had no luck. :/

Dec 20, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #3,597 of 8,309
  I've heard its better to get a tube amp paired w/ a ss dac rather than the tube dac + ss amp of the T1, as you want to keep the source signal as clean as possible before amping it. however, i'm sure the t1 performs admirably.

That is not necessarily true.

Many people prefer to use a tube pre followed by a solid state amp, myself included.

With the T1, it's a solid state DAC, followed by a tube buffer, then a solid state amp.   Many people also use tube analog output stages on DACs and CD players/transports.

-Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back