AUNE S6 DAC/AMP Combo
May 12, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #61 of 86
Hi mate..i have sennheiser hd650 and i want a good desktop dac/amp for it..and i only can buy from chinese brand.
brands like littledot.aune.yaqin.smsl.gustard.matrix
Is tube amp a good choose?.what is your seggestion? I have chord mojo but i feel isnt enough at all..my budget is 600us $ Thanks for your help

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #62 of 86
Hi mate..i have sennheiser hd650 and i want a good desktop dac/amp for it..and i only can buy from chinese brand.
Is tube amp a good choose?.what is your seggestion? I have chord mojo but i feel isnt enough at all..my budget is 400us $ Thanks for your help
Not sure if you're still in the market. I'll start by telling you the HD650s aren't exactly the favorite headphones in my collection. That said, the S6/S7 stack pushes them better than my Valhalla 2. I know the combo is way above what you want to spend. I'm not happy with the results of using either of the Aune stack solo for the HD650s. Just not enough oomph for them. Stacked, yes. Sorry if this doesn't help you much, but good luck with your search.

May 18, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #63 of 86
Is tube amp a good choose?.what is your seggestion? I have chord mojo but i feel isnt enough at all..my budget is 600us $ Thanks for your help
If only compared to S6, mojo is a lot better. The S6's amp section sucks. The DAC section too is below average. The mojo in comparison sounds resolute, much better microdynamics. Treble is debatable though.

May 19, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #64 of 86
If only compared to S6, mojo is a lot better. The S6's amp section sucks. The DAC section too is below average. The mojo in comparison sounds resolute, much better microdynamics. Treble is debatable though.

Thanks for your help but
Mojo power is arround 35mw in 300ohm but s6 has 350mw in 300ohm
How it possible that mojo has better amp section?

May 19, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #65 of 86
Not sure if you're still in the market. I'll start by telling you the HD650s aren't exactly the favorite headphones in my collection. That said, the S6/S7 stack pushes them better than my Valhalla 2. I know the combo is way above what you want to spend. I'm not happy with the results of using either of the Aune stack solo for the HD650s. Just not enough oomph for them. Stacked, yes. Sorry if this doesn't help you much, but good luck with your search.

Which is better with hd650? Aune s7 alone? Or aune s6 alone?
Thanks

May 19, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #67 of 86
Thanks for your help but
Mojo power is arround 35mw in 300ohm but s6 has 350mw in 300ohm
How it possible that mojo has better amp section?
What does power have anything to do with quality. If numbers really matter to you get any cheap Crown amp and run HD650 through the speaker taps. It'll definitely blast your ears but would be a disgrace to HD650's potential.
HD650 is plenty loud with the mojo. Although compared to better desktop amps it doesn't quite have precise control over the driver (understandable given the size and battery only power).
Now S6 too is a desktop unit but just another lowfi chinese stuff. That is not to say all chifi is bad but majority of them suck.

May 25, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #68 of 86
I was debating between the Aune S6 and Schiit's Jotunheim and decided on the Jotunheim. Power enough to power my HD650s and sounds pretty good as well moving from the Schiit Stack i think it was worth the upgrade.

May 26, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #69 of 86
Personally I'd get the S6 to use as a DAC and the amp-only Jotunheim. I generally dislike Schiit but the Jotunheim amp is one of the best at its price. But the built-in DAC is very so-so, nothing in comparison to Schiit.

What does power have anything to do with quality. If numbers really matter to you get any cheap Crown amp and run HD650 through the speaker taps. It'll definitely blast your ears but would be a disgrace to HD650's potential.
HD650 is plenty loud with the mojo. Although compared to better desktop amps it doesn't quite have precise control over the driver (understandable given the size and battery only power).
Now S6 too is a desktop unit but just another lowfi chinese stuff. That is not to say all chifi is bad but majority of them suck.
Well the S6, like the S16 before it, has quite a crappy amp section. But the DAC section definitely offers great value for the price.

Oct 1, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #73 of 86
to shame aune didn't use the latest akm which is akm 4497
the spec itself is almost like the older s16 which use akm 4495 seq
i also owned the older s16 . sound is good
Have any one compared Aune S16 to S6, I am curious of which one sound the best when only comparing the Dac
I am using a Woo Audio WA22 so i don't need another Amp

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #75 of 86
Yulong makes some very nice gear. I had the A18 paired with my HE560 and really enjoyed the combination and the A18 had enough power. Prior to the A18 back in the day I had an Asgard2 and felt it was a little underpowered with the HE560. So you might want to look at the Yulong offerings as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back