AUNE S6 DAC/AMP Combo
Jan 6, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #76 of 86
Hi mate..i have sennheiser hd650 and i want a good desktop dac/amp for it..and i only can buy from chinese brand.
brands like littledot.aune.yaqin.smsl.gustard.matrix
Is tube amp a good choose?.what is your seggestion? I have chord mojo but i feel isnt enough at all..my budget is 600us $ Thanks for your help
I also had the Mojo, and rather liked it. Recently I sold the Mojo and my NAD M51 and am now happily using the humble, but I think very nice iFi iOne as a DAC. I like that for a very affordable price the iOne is a great little DAC (in my opinion) and it features Bluetooth which frankly also sounds fantastic in my opinion. I think all gear (such as the S6) should now include Bluetooth connectivity and many pieces of kit do so also look into the iOne and an amp as it would keep you in budget.

Jan 6, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #77 of 86
I also had the Mojo, and rather liked it. Recently I sold the Mojo and my NAD M51 and am now happily using the humble, but I think very nice iFi iOne as a DAC. I like that for a very affordable price the iOne is a great little DAC (in my opinion) and it features Bluetooth which frankly also sounds fantastic in my opinion. I think all gear (such as the S6) should now include Bluetooth connectivity and many pieces of kit do so also look into the iOne and an amp as it would keep you in budget.

I know ifi is very good but actually i have problem with charge the battery of the portable devices..can you compare ione with m51?!

Jan 6, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #78 of 86
I know ifi is very good but actually i have problem with charge the battery of the portable devices..can you compare ione with m51?!
Well, I had both the M51 and iOne hooked up and I was able to spend about a week going back and forth. I was in a tough financial spot, but I wasn't going to sell the M51 unless the iOne was satisfying in direct comparison. I couldn't believe how nice the iOne was, and whatever differences there were I thought were quite minor. The same went for the Mojo which I also had at the same time. I ended up selling the Mojo and M51 and I remain convinced that I made the right decision. For the money the iOne is fabulous and I love having the Bluetooth option. So if the Aune isn't an option for you, the iFi and Yulong gear is as I said well worth considering. Good luck and let us know what you end up doing.

Jan 6, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #79 of 86
Well, I had both the M51 and iOne hooked up and I was able to spend about a week going back and forth. I was in a tough financial spot, but I wasn't going to sell the M51 unless the iOne was satisfying in direct comparison. I couldn't believe how nice the iOne was, and whatever differences there were I thought were quite minor. The same went for the Mojo which I also had at the same time. I ended up selling the Mojo and M51 and I remain convinced that I made the right decision. For the money the iOne is fabulous and I love having the Bluetooth option. So if the Aune isn't an option for you, the iFi and Yulong gear is as I said well worth considering. Good luck and let us know what you end up doing.

Thanks for your answer..ok i will post here my decision

Jul 24, 2018 at 3:01 AM Post #82 of 86
Great to know, as I too have been using the Ori with iDSD, certainly drives it well but at times a bit sterile / clinical sounding, perhaps due to the Sabre DAC. A bit more warmth and mid-forward signature would be welcomed as long as it wasn't at the expense of giving up too much detail retrieval.

Also, have you tried DSD files with the S6, as native DSD decoding is a strength of the iDSD and I believe S6 does DoP. I think there is some debate as to whether DoP is equivalent sound quality to native decoding, but as they say....trust your ears and I'm glad you are enjoying this combo. I've been considering upgrading my iDSD to the Pro when released but it's likely to be $2000, and certainly S6 seems like a better value proposition...I've been wanting to try the Ori balanced and that savings could go toward a nice balanced upgrade cable for my Ori and perhaps a tube amp which the ZMF forums say synergize great with the ZMF's.

Hello, sorry for the very late contribution to this topic, but this morning I tried my S6 with a Gustard U12 and a coaxial connection, and I can tell you that the S6 does not support DoP. BTW, I have never found this feature stated anywhere on the specifications. I tried just to make sure, but unfortunately no luck. Before you ask, the Gustard U12 does support DoP and the matching DAC X12 decodes DSD over the coaxial connection through the U12.

Mar 25, 2020 at 5:37 AM Post #85 of 86
Hi, I'm ordering an Aune S6 so I got a question. I will connect it to an external amplifier, so can I plug a headphone in the S6's port without disconnecting the RCA lineout in the back so that I can easily A/B with my external amplifier.

Mar 26, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #86 of 86
So i bought it in 2k22 and it still awesome one:o2smile:
695ec68-2a85-445c-999a-25515ba3e284.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back