1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AUNE S6 DAC/AMP Combo

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by aornic, Dec 12, 2016.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
  1. Sonic Defender Contributor
    I also had the Mojo, and rather liked it. Recently I sold the Mojo and my NAD M51 and am now happily using the humble, but I think very nice iFi iOne as a DAC. I like that for a very affordable price the iOne is a great little DAC (in my opinion) and it features Bluetooth which frankly also sounds fantastic in my opinion. I think all gear (such as the S6) should now include Bluetooth connectivity and many pieces of kit do so also look into the iOne and an amp as it would keep you in budget.

2. mehdikh423
    I know ifi is very good but actually i have problem with charge the battery of the portable devices..can you compare ione with m51?!

3. Sonic Defender Contributor
    Well, I had both the M51 and iOne hooked up and I was able to spend about a week going back and forth. I was in a tough financial spot, but I wasn't going to sell the M51 unless the iOne was satisfying in direct comparison. I couldn't believe how nice the iOne was, and whatever differences there were I thought were quite minor. The same went for the Mojo which I also had at the same time. I ended up selling the Mojo and M51 and I remain convinced that I made the right decision. For the money the iOne is fabulous and I love having the Bluetooth option. So if the Aune isn't an option for you, the iFi and Yulong gear is as I said well worth considering. Good luck and let us know what you end up doing.

mehdikh423 likes this.
  4. mehdikh423
    Thanks for your answer..ok i will post here my decision

5. YamiKeiren
    Do anyone try changing op-amp in s6. With s16, this is good solution to make it better. But i don't have s6 circuit board, i don't know how to do this.

6. maxxevv
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    YamiKeiren likes this.
  7. GioF71
    Hello, sorry for the very late contribution to this topic, but this morning I tried my S6 with a Gustard U12 and a coaxial connection, and I can tell you that the S6 does not support DoP. BTW, I have never found this feature stated anywhere on the specifications. I tried just to make sure, but unfortunately no luck. Before you ask, the Gustard U12 does support DoP and the matching DAC X12 decodes DSD over the coaxial connection through the U12.

8. Woiferl94
    Hi Guys,

can someone tell me the pinout from the front 4pin XLR port of the device ?

9. RedJohn456
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5