Aune S17 pro
Apr 23, 2024 at 3:37 AM Post #2,176 of 2,240
It's nice to see some people struggling to bring down the temperature, this amp is absolutely worth it. However, you must remember not to overdo it, because the temperature in the range of 60 - 65 is like water for a fish. Personally, I have a problem that my Aune does not willingly exceed the temperature above 60 degrees Celsius :D . I think that all those who bought the corrected unit feel the same way.

These young people say something about it, and at the same time they evaluate Aune's sound very well

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 7:36 AM Post #2,177 of 2,240
Theoretically, I have already chosen a set for myself , that is, SMSL M500-Mk3. But all the time I am tempted to buy Aune s9c Pro.
As I'm starting to think about the Aune why not buy the S17Pro, maybe it would be the end game for me and I wouldn't need anything more.
Yesterday I called one of the stores in my country to ask for advice.
I heard that it was not worth paying extra for the S17Pro and I was very surprised.
According to one consultant, the Aune s9c is a great piece of equipment in combination with the Hifiman Aria Organic. I was strongly surprised by this assessment.
In his opinion, it is not worth going into additional cables plus dac if I want to connect to a computer.
And what is your opinion, was it possible to make such a comparison of S17Pro vs s9c? What minimum dac would be needed for such a set to play better than the s9c?
I would like to have the same functionality as the s9c ( DSD512 , MQA,).

Apr 23, 2024 at 8:58 AM Post #2,178 of 2,240
Theoretically, I have already chosen a set for myself , that is, SMSL M500-Mk3. But all the time I am tempted to buy Aune s9c Pro.
As I'm starting to think about the Aune why not buy the S17Pro, maybe it would be the end game for me and I wouldn't need anything more.
Yesterday I called one of the stores in my country to ask for advice.
I heard that it was not worth paying extra for the S17Pro and I was very surprised.
According to one consultant, the Aune s9c is a great piece of equipment in combination with the Hifiman Aria Organic. I was strongly surprised by this assessment.
In his opinion, it is not worth going into additional cables plus dac if I want to connect to a computer.
And what is your opinion, was it possible to make such a comparison of S17Pro vs s9c? What minimum dac would be needed for such a set to play better than the s9c?
I would like to have the same functionality as the s9c ( DSD512 , MQA,).
In the video I posted above, the guys had exactly a different opinion about S17Pro vs s9c.
They stated that it is not a one-level difference, but a bigger one, in the sense that the S17 is much better

So everyone has to judge for themselves whether the difference is worth the extra charge, it's best to listen for yourself

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 9:48 AM Post #2,179 of 2,240
I'm sure I'm missing something very obvious here, but: How do you power the S17 on/off? 🫣

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #2,181 of 2,240
Apr 23, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #2,182 of 2,240
In the video I posted above, the guys had exactly a different opinion about S17Pro vs s9c.
They stated that it is not a one-level difference, but a bigger one, in the sense that the S17 is much better

So everyone has to judge for themselves whether the difference is worth the extra charge, it's best to listen for yourself
That's what they stated, I watched, they were very fired up about it.
It's just that they combined the S17Pro+s9c, or dac with the s9c, that's how I understand it, and it's already a significant amount and a very large block altogether.
The question is whether it is possible to achieve better than the s9c, but not for much more money?
If so, what DACs are recommended, or is it all the same what you choose because it will still play better than the s9c.
Then I would choose maybe such a S.M.S.L D-6s MQA MQA-CD ES9039Q2M + Aune s17Pro and I would not exceed the amount of the s9c very much, only whether it would still make sense.
Bad luck that I can't listen to it anywhere, because they don't give such an opportunity.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Apr 23, 2024 at 12:31 PM Post #2,184 of 2,240
yes, that is slightly annoying but it is about the only little flaw the unit has for me. otherwise I love every piece of it... 😀

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:21 PM Post #2,185 of 2,240
That's what they stated, I watched, they were very fired up about it.
It's just that they combined the S17Pro+s9c, or dac with the s9c, that's how I understand it, and it's already a significant amount and a very large block altogether.
The question is whether it is possible to achieve better than the s9c, but not for much more money?
If so, what DACs are recommended, or is it all the same what you choose because it will still play better than the s9c.
Then I would choose maybe such a S.M.S.L D-6s MQA MQA-CD ES9039Q2M + Aune s17Pro and I would not exceed the amount of the s9c very much, only whether it would still make sense.
Bad luck that I can't listen to it anywhere, because they don't give such an opportunity.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
I recommend Topping 30 Pro instead of SMSL D-6s for Aune 17 Pro. Combine this with balanced XLR. The D30 Pro can be had in Europe for €249

Apr 24, 2024 at 2:37 AM Post #2,186 of 2,240
I recommend Topping 30 Pro instead of SMSL D-6s for Aune 17 Pro. Combine this with balanced XLR. The D30 Pro can be had in Europe for €249
Why do you advise topping d 30?
I'm seeking for a dac too, but as I have he1000se I want more quality and transparency, my if gryphon add to the sound a warmness that I want to try to take off, but I'm so frightened about topping and smsl gear maybe it's my bias. I am thinking about su-10 since an headfier adviced me not to take the d70 pro octo.... But also tempted to build something like a lampucera kit to have more organic sound. My limit is 900euros

Apr 24, 2024 at 2:51 AM Post #2,187 of 2,240
Why do you advise topping d 30?
I'm seeking for a dac too, but as I have he1000se I want more quality and transparency, my if gryphon add to the sound a warmness that I want to try to take off, but I'm so frightened about topping and smsl gear maybe it's my bias. I am thinking about su-10 since an headfier adviced me not to take the d70 pro octo.... But also tempted to build something like a lampucera kit to have more organic sound. My limit is 900euros
For me, all the Toppings I heard (AKM, Sabre) sounded very similar, with great emphasis on detail, the exception is the D30 Pro, which is the only one that plays smoothly, and the dynamics are also at a good level.

Apr 24, 2024 at 3:51 AM Post #2,188 of 2,240
Wanted to share my solution for the temp issue, got a slim noctua fan ,some metal feet and a usb to fan connector adapter that has a switch from ali express.
Stuck the feet and the fan to the bottom and the switch to the back with double sided tape, the fan comes with a low noise and an ultra low noise adapters (they lower the RPM of the fan), im using the low noise one at the moment and the fan is basically silent, the results are as follows:
In my 21-23C room using XLR, High gain and 100ma on my DCA E3s the amp gets to around 66C, when i switch the fan on, after about 20 minutes it goes down to 55C and stays there, i bet if i didnt use any of the low noise adapters id shave a few more degrees but i dont really see the need.

Adapter

Feet

(for some reason the links only work if i use middle mouse to open a new tab)

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-20 at 20.38.22.jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-03-20 at 20.38.22 (3).jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-03-20 at 20.38.22 (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-03-20 at 20.38.22 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-03-20 at 20.38.22 (4).jpeg
A small update after a month for anyone interested.

The double sided tape is holding firm, didnt change anything yet in that regard.
Gotta say, this solution works amazingly for me, its starting to get hot where i live so the real test has begun and the results are very good so far i think.
Now that the temp in the room is around 26C, the DCA E3's get the amp to about 58C at most.
But the real test here are my 6XX's, that with their 300ohm's, noticeably pull a lot more from the amp, before this mod, even in a 22C room it was impossible to stay at 100ma for more that lets say an hour, as soon as i plug them in, the temp starts climbing real fast( and btw, playing or paused doesnt make a difference to this amp), now though, in a 26C room, after running for a whole night, the most ive seen is 64C on the amp.
And all that is with the low noise adapter as ive mentioned in my original post, in the summer, when temp get even warmer, i can ditch the adapter and shave a few more degrees.

To conclude, i know there has been a lot of talk here about wether its acceptable for a 700$ product to need mods to function properly continuously, i get that and i agree that its not.
BUT, to me, the fact that i enjoy this amp as much as i do, made it worth not returning and looking for a cheap and simple fix, which this mod is i think.
So if you were pissed off( rightfully), and returned it, youre not wrong, tinkering even a little isnt for every one, but if you really like the amp, know there are simple ways to "fix" it, not just this way but a whole lot of other users' cool mods posted here :) .

P.S:
Couldnt find anywhere, what is the output voltage of the XLR\4.4?
thanks.

Apr 24, 2024 at 4:43 AM Post #2,189 of 2,240
I have my own private theory that earlier units reached higher temperatures (and they are the only ones that require any mods), and these units also went through the burn-in process faster. Currently manufactured and sold units do not even reach 68 C in any extreme environmental scenarios in which humans can live, at the same time the burn-in process to achieve the target SQ is much longer for these units.

So, currently, buyers should not worry about the temperature and should be prepared for a long burn-in process, although it is fine after taking it out of the box.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 6:00 AM Post #2,190 of 2,240
I would be interested to see if the amps sounds any differently between batches? What changes did they make to get the temperatures lower on new batches?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back