Aune S17 pro
May 1, 2024 at 2:49 AM Post #2,222 of 2,226
I just ordered an Aune S17 pro today. All the posts about heat and volume issues didn't keep me away to get one. After all, it's all about the sound and I'm very curious to see if the S17 delivers what it promises. But to be honest it would be nice to not get an old one with the old firmware...

I will be using the amp from my RME Adi-2 dac fs. Any thought on that combo? I will share my experiences as soon as I have the device at home.
which headphones do you have? My s17 is the later batch, if. i leave it turned on for about 2 hours in a 21c° room it will reach 68c° and then pass to 50milliampere. But the class a heats more if you leave it without signal. using my he1000se it stay safe but never listened 2 hours. you won't obtain a valve sound but a slighty warm sound with good shape of musician and good texture and sense of echoes that spread far. i'm waiting for a x26pro hardly modded (more selected components at the cost of 800 euros made by an italian engineer expert on gustard stuff) to join with it in balanced mode to discover the real potential of this amp. Please change the power chord with a better one: i love ramm audio stuff but is a little expensive and i made my power chord buying the raw ramm audio cable. the cheaper and the more expensive . you'll obtain more dynamic and without harshness.

May 1, 2024 at 3:24 AM Post #2,223 of 2,226
which headphones do you have?
My main headphones at the moment are the Arya Stealth and the Meze 109 pro. But I will test it as well with my HD800s.

My s17 is the later batch
As far as I understood the first firmware update corrected the volume issue. Aune stated that in a earlier post. So I hope I will get a later batch as well.

May 1, 2024 at 4:06 AM Post #2,224 of 2,226
I will be using the amp from my RME Adi-2 dac fs. Any thought on that combo? I will share my experiences as soon as I have the device at home.
I'm pretty happy :)

May 1, 2024 at 4:38 AM Post #2,225 of 2,226
do any of you know if aune s17 accepts a 5 volts xlr input signal?i can adjust my x26pro xlr output voltage. Besides for what concernig temperature , if it is true that without signal , in class a the temperature increase at maximum, i guess that in single ended mode (with rca input) it should arrive earlier at the maximum temperature, i'm i wrong?i'm not a technician

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 5:34 AM Post #2,226 of 2,226
I like this "Passion for Sound" guy, but I think he's a bit lost in this particular review. The main theme of the review was an imaginary (in my opinion) grainy treble. This is a bit unfair. Although I must admit that I didn't love Aune at first sight.

The reviewer focused rather on subjective matters, pushing into the background such important issues as the dynamics and power reserve of this amplifier, which are such an important element of every audio game.

In my opinion, the resolution of Aune's sound is due to its incredible dynamics and perfect linearity (the reviewer claims otherwise).

A perfect example is the Led Zeppelin song "The Song Remains the Same", which thanks to this hellish dynamics from the Aune S17 gets a new life, there are layers, there is drive... for example, with the Singxer SA-1 (which is very good by the way) this recording is almost flat.

When it comes to this treble, in my opinion Aune has a pro or rather audiophile character, it is never the hissing and ticking known from hi-fi devices. The decays have a definite momentum and power, but without much "tail".
It is more consistent with what we hear at concerts, and never with what comes out of, for example, average home hi-fi speakers.

Or maybe Aune is so transparent that he finally showed some grain of the reviewer's system, you never know....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back