Aune M2 | AK4490 Dac | Class A amp | Dual Crystek USA Clocks |
Jul 13, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #766 of 824
Then for me, that the only feature that I missed and the file deletion on demand. I don't think that Aune still continuously developing the firmware upgrade but if they do, I hope that they include the two I mentioned. I still love this more than my opus and my previous x5 gen1 because of the sq.

Sep 13, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #767 of 824
Hello All, I'm a newbie and this is my first post in Headfi. I recently purchased a M2 pro (thanks to this thread) and I'm quite happy with it. Apart from the common minor issues I'm facing another problem. Recently I downloaded a couple of albums (FLAC) from Hdtracks and although the player recognised the files it just doesn't play them. Each file is read for a couple of seconds till the last file and stops. I tried a different micro sd card, updated to the latest firmware and formatted the micro sd card but none of them were of help. Any help from you would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Sep 13, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #768 of 824
Hello All, I'm a newbie and this is my first post in Headfi. I recently purchased a M2 pro (thanks to this thread) and I'm quite happy with it. Apart from the common minor issues I'm facing another problem. Recently I downloaded a couple of albums (FLAC) from Hdtracks and although the player recognised the files it just doesn't play them. Each file is read for a couple of seconds till the last file and stops. I tried a different micro sd card, updated to the latest firmware and formatted the micro sd card but none of them were of help. Any help from you would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to head-fi. I have never experienced this issue with my M2. Is this problem occuring only with FLACs? Can you try by removing the tags of those files?

Sep 15, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #769 of 824
Welcome to head-fi. I have never experienced this issue with my M2. Is this problem occuring only with FLACs? Can you try by removing the tags of those files?
Hi hqssui, thanks for the suggestion. I think its not FLACs as such since I have a lot of FLAC albums that work. This issue is particular to the couple of albums which I had downloaded from HDtracks. Anyways I converted these FLAC albums to WAV and it worked (I hope this isn't a wrong way to do). I'll probably stick to WAV formats for now.

Sep 16, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #770 of 824
This is my first post on Head-Fi. I recently bought an M2 after many years using iPods. I very much enjoy the sound quality (with B&W P5 series 2 headphones) and the vast storage capacity of current flash memory but like many others I am finding more than a few compatibility issues with my music collection). On my unit with firmware version 1.30 the following doesn't work:
mp3 + cue (solution: remove the cue)
24-bit ALAC
16bit, 44.1k wav
wav + cue (Aune claims this will work: is there some restriction on what form the cue must take?)

Suggestion to Aune: When the player cannot play a track display an error code and provide an explanation for that code on your web site.

I would *really* like to get gap-less playback working, in particular for listening to opera. Can anyone tell me a music format where this is works reliably?

Sep 25, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #771 of 824
Hi there! Also a newbie in Head fi and just wanted to thank all the participants in this thread as you are "to blame" for the purchase of my beloved Aune M2S... Now it's my first option when listening to music and my wonderful Lotoo Paw Gold is on the dole as I find it a tad dryer and less fun than the Aune... (and, of course, the M2S is far more beautiful, but let's not be superficial)

Sep 25, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #772 of 824
Hi there! Also a newbie in Head fi and just wanted to thank all the participants in this thread as you are "to blame" for the purchase of my beloved Aune M2S... Now it's my first option when listening to music and my wonderful Lotoo Paw Gold is on the dole as I find it a tad dryer and less fun than the Aune... (and, of course, the M2S is far more beautiful, but let's not be superficial)

Likewise, I still have both. M2S DOES have somewhat air-er sound and seems to better compatibility with most IEMs or headphones out here.

However, I am leaning towards Lotoo for its warmer sound Sig and I'm selling my M2S if anyone is interested.

Sep 25, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #773 of 824
Likewise, I still have both. M2S DOES have somewhat air-er sound and seems to better compatibility with most IEMs or headphones out here.

However, I am leaning towards Lotoo for its warmer sound Sig and I'm selling my M2S if anyone is interested.
Funny you should say that as the one I'm selling is the Lotoo,
I must be getting deaf, but I never considered the Lotoo to be warm, on the contrary, I think it's deadly neutral and sometimes a tad bright, maybe a bit too much for my taste, that's why now I'm looking for something a bit more... Lustful.

Sep 25, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #774 of 824
It gets funnier, for me the M2S is on the brighter side :beyersmile:. LPG needs at least 100 hrs to settle down indeed it was brighter before and now it is neutral slightly warm.

Sep 26, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #775 of 824
It gets funnier, for me the M2S is on the brighter side :beyersmile:. LPG needs at least 100 hrs to settle down indeed it was brighter before and now it is neutral slightly warm.
I suppose it will depend on the headphones but I've always found the M2S a bit warmer (if something) than the LPG. Both have great bass, that's for sure (quality vs quantity)

Nov 4, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #776 of 824
With a bit of help from Candy at Aune and some experimentation I can explain how gap-less playback is possible. Rip the music as a single .wav file for the complete disk + a .cue file (I use XLD on Mac). Make sure the .wav file doesn't have any colons in the filename. For instance, "Verdi: La Traviata.wav" will not work; "La Traviata.wav" does. Place exactly one .wav file and one .cue file in a folder. A three disk opera needs three separate folders :frowning2: . On the M2 navigate to the cue file and down into the track list and ignore the .wav file which is also visible. Bliss!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back