Aune M2 | AK4490 Dac | Class A amp | Dual Crystek USA Clocks |
Jun 14, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #751 of 824
For what it's worth, you'll also gain a faster boot speed. The X5III has a long-donkey-ass boot time. Whenever I'm going to listen before going to bed (usually 10-15 minutes), it takes 90 seconds ~ 3 minutes for the player to boot to pure music mode. Which is almost 30% of my listening time, wasted waiting. And that's already with many applications disabled; the whole operating system was running on a very minimal setting. No WiFi, bluetooth, SD card, wallpaper, widget, etc. I sold the X5III a week after buying.

With the M2, the first second you boot you're greeted with logo and memory read. The second second, the memory read finishes. And the third second the player is ready, awaiting your command to start playing :)

The boot speed of Aune DAPs are amazing. I really like the firmware on them. Once you master the long press function on M2 buttons, its so easy to navigate. I really wish Aune will implement a feature so that side wheel can be used to control the volume from any screen.

Jun 15, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #752 of 824
For what it's worth, you'll also gain a faster boot speed. The X5III has a long-donkey-ass boot time. Whenever I'm going to listen before going to bed (usually 10-15 minutes), it takes 90 seconds ~ 3 minutes for the player to boot to pure music mode. Which is almost 30% of my listening time, wasted waiting. And that's already with many applications disabled; the whole operating system was running on a very minimal setting. No WiFi, bluetooth, SD card, wallpaper, widget, etc. I sold the X5III a week after buying.

With the M2, the first second you boot you're greeted with logo and memory read. The second second, the memory read finishes. And the third second the player is ready, awaiting your command to start playing :)
I agree on the X5III having a very slow boot time. Another irritating issue is when I press the play button but the music doesn't immediately play. Like it still has to wait for around 4 seconds to play the music.

Jun 16, 2017 at 4:58 AM Post #753 of 824
All, I'm in need of a new DAP to replace my Teac HA-P90SD which I love the SQ but HATE!!! the UI, just terrible and Teac has done nothing to improve it. I need a player which can play WMA file because a big part of my library is in this format. Did any of the M2 firmware add WMA format support. I want the M2 but no WMA support is a bust for me.

Also, I noticed the new Cayin N3 DAP has the AK44900EN DAC chipset, has any owner of M2 heard the Cayin N3 and could give me a comparison of the N3 and M2 SQ.

I listen to mostly old school R&B and Jazz and I love to hear the bass and sub base so I guess my preference is a warmer sound, could any one recommend a DAP which would do R&B music justice, support WMA, and has a warmer sound signature. Any suggestion would be appreciated. A good UI would be nice for a change.

Thanks

Jun 23, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #754 of 824
I did purchased a used mint condition of Aune M2 Pro and is currently on the way, my original plan is Cayin N5. How do you find M2 Pro compare to N5 and Aune M1S in terms of SQ more so with Opus 1 which I have? Thanks.

Jul 10, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #758 of 824
Holy cow! I received a used very minth condition M2 Pro today and like what I am hearing. I test it side by side with my Opus #1 with Fiio E12a amp and I like the output of Aune M2 Pro more. No need for an amp for this beast. I currently use it with my new KZ ZS5 and will try testing it with my LZ A4 which I have problem with fit. I bought it for 200 usd so ifeel like a winner. Yahooo!!!

Jul 10, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #759 of 824
Holy cow! I received a used very minth condition M2 Pro today and like what I am hearing. I test it side by side with my Opus #1 with Fiio E12a amp and I like the output of Aune M2 Pro more. No need for an amp for this beast. I currently use it with my new KZ ZS5 and will try testing it with my LZ A4 which I have problem with fit. I bought it for 200 usd so ifeel like a winner. Yahooo!!!
That's the price of normal M2! Wow, good value, and a great deal. I like the SQ of the M2 as well. If only it has a longer battery.

Jul 10, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #760 of 824
That's the price of normal M2! Wow, good value, and a great deal. I like the SQ of the M2 as well. If only it has a longer battery.
Yes, I feel like I win a lottery due to the sound it produce. Totally a winner. If the battery last for 6 hours, then it is no problem to me as it supply a class A amp. I will check how many hours it will last once I charge it. Besides the battery of my Opus #1 didn't last long also. I like the sound it produce more than the Opus even without an extra amp with M2 for additional low kicks. The sound it produce is so complete for me. It is really a keeper, I also like the simplicity of the interface and display which totally a match for me as I always play through folders. I am feeling that many audio heads missed the opportunity of a sound bliss by not having this which I am a part before. Thanks really for this thread.

Jul 10, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #761 of 824
Yes, I feel like I win a lottery due to the sound it produce. Totally a winner. If the battery last for 6 hours, then it is no problem to me as it supply a class A amp. I will check how many hours it will last once I charge it. Besides the battery of my Opus #1 didn't last long also. I like the sound it produce more than the Opus even without an extra amp with M2 for additional low kicks. The sound it produce is so complete for me. It is really a keeper, I also like the simplicity of the interface and display which totally a match for me as I always play through folders. I am feeling that many audio heads missed the opportunity of a sound bliss by not having this which I am a part before. Thanks really for this thread.

Can you please do a quick comparison of sound signature between M2Pro and #1 (without Amp) when you get a chance. Which.one you find brighter?

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #762 of 824
In my initial assessment, imo M2 Pro have more body specially with vocals, #1 have more highs. It just a matter of preference and I am sensitive with highs so it seems that I prefer the M2. Vocal is more 3D for me than #1.

Jul 13, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #764 of 824
Is there a way to continuously play from folder to folder with M2? Thanks.

Jul 13, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #765 of 824
Is there a way to continuously play from folder to folder with M2? Thanks.
Play all tracks at random. Not exactly folder-to-folder, no it cannot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back