Aune M2 | AK4490 Dac | Class A amp | Dual Crystek USA Clocks |
May 29, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #736 of 824
I do believe it is available on their chinese site. Its for a docking station that has more outs and i believe a remote. They also have a specific firmware so the player and dock can be compatible with each other. Was looking into myself before I sold the M2s

Jun 6, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #737 of 824
Jun 6, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #738 of 824
Any firmware better than Base 1.30 for M2 Pro?
In the player it says 1.30, if it were Base version of the update would it be called 1.30 Base in the player?
What is the difference between 1.30 Base and 1.30 do they play all formats/containers? Any chart where all updates are compared, like @Albe75 did? in post https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/a...ystek-usa-clocks.768366/page-42#post-12909491

This is another comparison between 1.30 , pure1 and pure2 firmwares.

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/a...ystek-usa-clocks.768366/page-44#post-12934481

Jun 13, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #742 of 824
Hi guys. I currently have a Fiio X5III and I find the sound quality very uninspiring. It just isn't very detailed in my opinion. Do you guys think an Aune M2 Pro is a step up from the X5III in terms of sound quality?
I've had the M2 before getting the X5III. And although the X5III has many features, in terms of sound quality it's less transparent, and articulate than the M2. In comparison of sound, the X5III IMO sounds darker, and more congested due to its warmth and smaller stage dimension. I reckon the M2 Pro would be even better in overall sound quality. You just have to be patient with M2's simple UI, lack of features, low battery life, and charge time. Else it would be a good upgrade in sound to X5III.

Jun 13, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #743 of 824
I've had the M2 before getting the X5III. And although the X5III has many features, in terms of sound quality it's less transparent, and articulate than the M2. In comparison of sound, the X5III IMO sounds darker, and more congested due to its warmth and smaller stage dimension. I reckon the M2 Pro would be even better in overall sound quality. You just have to be patient with M2's simple UI, lack of features, low battery life, and charge time. Else it would be a good upgrade in sound to X5III.
Thank you friend. I'm soon gonna realize if I am ready to sacrifice UI and features for a better sound quality when I get to try the M2 Pro at our local headphone store hehe

Jun 13, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #745 of 824
Hi guys. I currently have a Fiio X5III and I find the sound quality very uninspiring. It just isn't very detailed in my opinion. Do you guys think an Aune M2 Pro is a step up from the X5III in terms of sound quality?

Sound quality is very subjective and varies from people to people. Looking at your comments, you seems to like the analytical sound signature with micro-details. Perhaps you should give a few of the DAP with analytical sound signature an audition on top of M2 Pro, such as Opus#1, QP1R/QP2R and DX200.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #747 of 824
Sound quality is very subjective and varies from people to people. Looking at your comments, you seems to like the analytical sound signature with micro-details. Perhaps you should give a few of the DAP with analytical sound signature an audition on top of M2 Pro, such as Opus#1, QP1R/QP2R and DX200.
I think that I my preferred sound signature really is onI would love to audition those DAPs however our local store does not offer them.
Unfortunately, I don't have enough budget for a Questyle DAP or a DX200. Opus #1 is also not sold here. I could only audition the M2 Pro since it's the only DAP that is around the same price range as that of the Fiio X5III, and maybe the AK70.

Jun 14, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #748 of 824
I think that I my preferred sound signature really is onI would love to audition those DAPs however our local store does not offer them.

Unfortunately, I don't have enough budget for a Questyle DAP or a DX200. Opus #1 is also not sold here. I could only audition the M2 Pro since it's the only DAP that is around the same price range as that of the Fiio X5III, and maybe the AK70.

I think you will be happy with Aune M2. It's a wonderful DAP.

Jun 14, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #750 of 824
Thank you friend. I'm soon gonna realize if I am ready to sacrifice UI and features for a better sound quality when I get to try the M2 Pro at our local headphone store hehe
For what it's worth, you'll also gain a faster boot speed. The X5III has a long-donkey-ass boot time. Whenever I'm going to listen before going to bed (usually 10-15 minutes), it takes 90 seconds ~ 3 minutes for the player to boot to pure music mode. Which is almost 30% of my listening time, wasted waiting. And that's already with many applications disabled; the whole operating system was running on a very minimal setting. No WiFi, bluetooth, SD card, wallpaper, widget, etc. I sold the X5III a week after buying.

With the M2, the first second you boot you're greeted with logo and memory read. The second second, the memory read finishes. And the third second the player is ready, awaiting your command to start playing :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back