Aune M2 32BIT/DSD Portable music Player
Nov 7, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #32 of 71
I stumbled upon a new thread on HIFIDIY
http://bbs.hifidiy.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1138243&extra=page%3D1
As I understand from the google thranslation, there is a review contest to start soon, if it has not started yet. Though, I'm not sure if the DAPs for the reviews are to be distributed as testing samples. According to the info this thread is going to be an aggregate thread for all the M2\M2 Pro reviews posted elsewhere and the participants are encouraged to provide links to their reviews.
Anyways, I'm looking forward to read impressions on M2 and especially on M2 Pro in that thread as this thread has been dead silent for more than one week:) 

Nov 14, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #34 of 71
Post deleted.

Nov 15, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #35 of 71
  New Aune M2 DAP mini tour announced. One pre-production unit in Canada, and one in USA. Link here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/787636/aune-m2-digital-audio-player-canada-and-us-tours-now-accepting-applications#post_12078192.

Stop on by if you're interested.

Hi, Hakushon! Do you mind sharing your impressions on Aune M2 with us?:)

Nov 15, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #37 of 71
It's good he takes his time before posting impressions. Thoughtful impressions are much more helpful than something quick to appease people wanting quick impressions. Relax, I am sure he will post something when he is ready.

Nov 15, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #38 of 71
It's good he takes his time before posting impressions. Thoughtful impressions are much more helpful than something quick to appease people wanting quick impressions. Relax, I am sure he will post something when he is ready.

Great attitude @bavinck!

I *should* be getting the US tour M2 from haku later this week. After that, I'll need at least a few days with it to form some solid opinions.

Nov 17, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #42 of 71
Sorry for the silence again. Calgary economy sucks at the moment, and as a job search coach, that means I'm super busy.

Still working on my review. With firmware updates every few days, the M2 user interface and other items keep developing and changing (not in a big way, but there is some flux), and that's also holding things up. Haven't noticed any changes in sound though, which - typical of the Aune products I've tried so far (B1 and X1S) - is excellent.

What I can say is I prefer the M2 Pro to the M2 standard. Hard to put a finger on why as everything is virtually identical, but there's a lustre to the M2 Pro that I didn't find with the M2. To quote what will be part of my review, "For a visual analogy, it’s like taking pictures of a pearl… If the M2 is the pearl, it’s like the M2 Pro is a pearl that’s been misted lightly to reflect more light. The pearl is the same, but in the photograph, the misted pearl has more lustre. Pro is very slightly bigger, dynamic range and instrumental clarity just a hair enhanced, but other than that everything is the same."

More to come. Have compared M2 Pro with Cayin N6, Fiio X5ii and Shaning M2 so far, and will do an A/B with the Astell & Kern AK240 and Fiio X7 later this week (both just arrived late last week).

Nov 17, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #43 of 71
  Sorry for the silence again. Calgary economy sucks at the moment, and as a job search coach, that means I'm super busy.

Still working on my review. With firmware updates every few days, the M2 user interface and other items keep developing and changing (not in a big way, but there is some flux), and that's also holding things up. Haven't noticed any changes in sound though, which - typical of the Aune products I've tried so far (B1 and X1S) - is excellent.

What I can say is I prefer the M2 Pro to the M2 standard. Hard to put a finger on why as everything is virtually identical, but there's a lustre to the M2 Pro that I didn't find with the M2. To quote what will be part of my review, "For a visual analogy, it’s like taking pictures of a pearl… If the M2 is the pearl, it’s like the M2 Pro is a pearl that’s been misted lightly to reflect more light. The pearl is the same, but in the photograph, the misted pearl has more lustre. Pro is very slightly bigger, dynamic range and instrumental clarity just a hair enhanced, but other than that everything is the same."

More to come. Have compared M2 Pro with Cayin N6, Fiio X5ii and Shaning M2 so far, and will do an A/B with the Astell & Kern AK240 and Fiio X7 later this week (both just arrived late last week).

Thanks, Hakushon! Good luck with your business and the review! As the announced M2 Pro availablity time is late December, we can really relax now. I just wonder what that top Aune M2 S (blue) $649 version is:)

Nov 17, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #44 of 71
  Thanks, Hakushon! Good luck with your business and the review! As the announced M2 Pro availablity time is late December, we can really relax now. I just wonder what that top Aune M2 S (blue) $649 version is:)

What I'm told is that there are three different versions of the M2, as follows:
  1. M2: The “standard” model, with 2x Japanese NDK 2520 crystals.
  2. M2 Pro: With 2x USA Crystek CCHD575 crystals, different OP-amp combination
  3. M2S: Upgrade of M2 Pro. Same spec as M2 Pro, but with different colours (blue is one, and I think there's also a wine-coloured one), and Satellite-level, Teflon PCB substrate.

That's all I know so far. I'm expecting more detailed info from Aune in the next few days about the 3 versions and how they're differentiated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back