AuneAudio

Sponsor: aune
Aune M2 32BIT/DSD Portable Player Coming Soon 

Superb reproduction of the original live event or original recording session
Comfortable for long listening sessions
Versatile with all genres
Your first choice!

ARM+CPLD as the core audio framework
The M2 uses native decoding & asynchronous clock technology from independent R&D. The kernel program took over a year. It’s all about the sound quality.

Five TI chips to constitute the whole power supply system

CPLD technology
The M2 uses high precision clock as the master device, and uses sampling pulse to force synchronizing the WAV data from ARM.  ARM uses pingpong buffer to process the data, and it’s guaranteed the I2S data won’t be interfered by operation or the micro SD card reading. Everything is based on high precision clocks, which leads to the extremely high fidelity!

The M2 uses CRISTEK’s crystal oscillator of which the lowest phase noise can be -170dB. It’s extremely low.
The M2 uses CRISTEK’s crystal oscillator of which the lowest phase noise can be -170dB. It’s extremely low.
The M2 chooses the best clock crystal oscillator, only to pursue the best sound. 

Superb hardware design from experience accumulation
The main board is rationally quartered - equally divided into the power supply part, the digital part, the DAC part and the Amp part. The whole circuit uses high level water flowing type wiring; the analog part is mirror-symmetric; every port is in the closest position. 

Creative design of built-in Amp positive and negative power supply Class A
The Amp part occupies 1/4 of the PCB, which is quite a lot among all the portable players on the market. It uses the structure of the ultra-low distortion Op Amp and 10 discrete transistors. The output uses NPN+PNP geminate transistors. The quiescent current at last stage of each transistor is 15MA. Ultra linear Class A biasing.

Measured values

Noise floor:-117DB/3.01UV

THD+N: 1KHZ 24BIT/44.1K

Amplifier output load: 150Ω  24BIT/44.1K 1KHZ  161MV output THD+N 0.00016%

Amplifier output load: 150Ω  24BIT/44.1K 1KHZ  378MV output THD+N 0.00019%

Amplifier outputload: 150Ω  24BIT/44.1K 1KHZ  897MV output THD+N 0.00033%

Amplifier outputload: 150Ω  24BIT/44.1K 1KHZ  1.5v output THD+N 0.0004%

Excellent tuning

To quote from a review of an aune product, “....really shows you the true nature of what’s on your head.” Each of aune products is designed for the reproduction of the true music. It’s more than just a cold machine. And we always follow the rule that the tuning should bring out the natural and musical sounds, present the real texture of each instrument, and be based on our understanding of music

Part of the tracks used for tuning:
1)From the Drottningholm Music 
2)Try a little tenderness 
3)Allegretto con variazoni 
4)Sonate, Finale: Vivo 
5)Circo della vita 
6)Played twice 
7)Winin' boy blues 
8)Sweet Georgia Brown 
9)Allegro di Molto 
10)Concertino for clarinet and string orch; Homage a Mozart 
11)House of the rising sun 
12)Zigeunerweisen 
13)Stompin' at the Savoy 
14)Concertino for double bass and string orch; Ballad 
15)Erstrand, Lars 
16)ornbergs Blue Five, Tomas 

Part of the chief tuner’s comments on 2 songs (All Rights Reserved):

Try a Little Tenderness is a piano recording stressing the recording quality and musical taste. The audio engineer is a two-time recording award winner, and he was responsible for both recording and mixing for this song. It was recorded in a jazz bar. If you have been on such occasions, you should know how direct and vivid the recording is. The piano is crystal clear yet solid, as if you could see it. In the meanwhile, the drum brush is also as clear as if it was in the same room with you. The cymbal is soft and open along with the melody. Jazz is a genre that contains a lot of improvisation and grooves. Therefore, the kit that matches it the best should be able to bring out the wood texture of the piano which plays the main melody, and not lose the shininess and fluency of the notes. Moreover, the player’s humming along with the music should also be well represented by the kit, so that the listener can feel the atmosphere and infection of the jazz bar to the most.

House of the Rising Sun is sung by Cyndee Peters, a wellknown female artist in Sweden. She was invited several times to perform for both the Royal Family of Sweden and Pope John Paul II. Nelson Mandela was also one of her fans. House of the Rising Sun, adapted from a late-19th century song of black people, describes the hard life of the poor people in New Orleans. The arrangement uses percussion instruments with good transient, so it’s easy to place them on the sound stage. The sax solo should be found a bit ahead of other instruments. At the beginning of the song, the listener is supposed to hear the bell and cymbal coming out respectively from the left and the right side of the sound stage, with their bright and sleek timbre. The sound must be bright and airy, and not too hard or incisive. Back to Cyndee Peters’ singing, her voice and her method of voice production are very special. The explosive power of her voice along with the percussion instruments builds the rich and deep sound stage, and also expresses the emotions in the song very well, which should be clearly felt during playback.

Specifications:
Weight:185g
Dimensions:65*125*17.5(mm)
Transmission medium: Micro SD card (supports up to 128G)
Amp output: 3.5mm port/2VRMS  16-300Ω   32Ω/125MW
Line out: 3.5mm port
Core decoding chip: MCU AK4490
Digital output: MINI HDMI/supports (supports M2 exclusive dock)
Battery: 3200MA (charging takes around 4h)
Battery life: 7h
Main controls: volume control wheel (turn/press/press&hold)+buttons
Accessories: USB charging cable+user’s manual
Supported format:
WAV : 16bit|24bit|- 44.1K / 48K / 88.2K / 96K / 176.4K / 192K  (32BIT/96K)  WAV + CUE
FLAC : 16bit|24bit- 44.1K / 48K / 88.2K / 96K / 176.4K / 192K    CUE (0-8compression level)
APE:16BIT/44.1K   APE + CUE(basically NORMAL)
DSD:  DSF / DSD64 - DFF /DSD64  /ISO (whole track)
MP3, M4A, ALAC

aune For music we design. Stay updated on aune at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/auneaudioofficial https://twitter.com/auneaudio https://www.instagram.com/auneaudio http://www.auneaudio.com sales@auneaudio.com
Sep 29, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #2 of 71
What will be the price difference between the exclusive and normal version?

I am waiting for sooo long for this :)

Is it possible to get it with a full size sd slot?

Sep 29, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #4 of 71
I must say that I'm pretty shocked that they built a player that maxes out at DSD64 when most chips that decode DSD can decode 128 (as can the AK4490). DSD 128 also overcomes some of the noise problems that can happen in DSD. There is also no point to 32/96 as you won't find any music mastered in that. If you are going to include 32bit playback, you have to jump to DXD. The AK4490 chip can play quad DSD and double DXD. I don't understand why they used a top of the line chip only to neuter it. They also must have some sort of really inefficient system, as an advertised 7 hours battery probably means more like 6 hours. I just can't see this player doing terribly well with all the high quality competition out there. I just don't understand some of the perplexing design decisions. This thing will have to get into a lot of influential reviewers hands to have a shot at competing.

For this price the AK Jr. is available. The Questyle QP1 is $100 more. The X5 2 is $150 less. The X3 2 is $300 less (less than 1/2 the price). You can probably listen to all those options before you buy them, or at least get them off of amazon, where you can return them pretty quickly with very little question. I think this is competitive at $399, but not at $499. Of course, I haven't heard it. It may sound spectacular. I'd love to be proven wrong. The M2 has nice aesthetics and a great form factor. It will need some luck on it's side.

I don't count as a high powered reviewer, but I'd love to be shown the error of my pre-judgements. Get this thing out in the wild.

Sep 30, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #6 of 71
Sep 30, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #7 of 71
Nope hakushondaimao. Ran across this yesterday. From the pics, I really like the design aesthetic. 3 essential transport controls readily available on the front, protected volume dial, simple black & white GUI. Nice job, Aune!

It's great to see DAP makers stepping up their game!
:beerchug:

Oct 3, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #9 of 71
  I must say that I'm pretty shocked that they built a player that maxes out at DSD64 when most chips that decode DSD can decode 128 (as can the AK4490). DSD 128 also overcomes some of the noise problems that can happen in DSD. There is also no point to 32/96 as you won't find any music mastered in that. If you are going to include 32bit playback, you have to jump to DXD. The AK4490 chip can play quad DSD and double DXD. I don't understand why they used a top of the line chip only to neuter it. They also must have some sort of really inefficient system, as an advertised 7 hours battery probably means more like 6 hours. I just can't see this player doing terribly well with all the high quality competition out there. I just don't understand some of the perplexing design decisions. This thing will have to get into a lot of influential reviewers hands to have a shot at competing.

For this price the AK Jr. is available. The Questyle QP1 is $100 more. The X5 2 is $150 less. The X3 2 is $300 less (less than 1/2 the price). You can probably listen to all those options before you buy them, or at least get them off of amazon, where you can return them pretty quickly with very little question. I think this is competitive at $399, but not at $499. Of course, I haven't heard it. It may sound spectacular. I'd love to be proven wrong. The M2 has nice aesthetics and a great form factor. It will need some luck on it's side.

I don't count as a high powered reviewer, but I'd love to be shown the error of my pre-judgements. Get this thing out in the wild.

According to specifications there is no support for 24 bit APE, which is inconvenient and sad...

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #10 of 71
  Specifications:
Weight:185g
Dimensions:65*125*17.5(mm)
Transmission medium: Micro SD card (supports up to 128G)
Amp output: 3.5mm port/2VRMS  16-300Ω   32Ω/125MW
Line out: 3.5mm port
Core decoding chip: MCU AK4490
Digital output: MINI HDMI/supports (supports M2 exclusive dock)
Battery: 3200MA (charging takes around 4h)
Battery life: 7h
Main controls: volume control wheel (turn/press/press&hold)+buttons
Accessories: USB charging cable+user’s manual
Supported format:
WAV : 16bit|24bit|- 44.1K / 48K / 88.2K / 96K / 176.4K / 192K  (32BIT/96K)  WAV + CUE
FLAC : 16bit|24bit- 44.1K / 48K / 88.2K / 96K / 176.4K / 192K    CUE (0-8compression level)
APE:16BIT/44.1K   APE + CUE(basically NORMAL)
DSD:  DSF / DSD64 - DFF /DSD64  /ISO (whole track)
MP3, M4A, ALAC

Dear AuneAudio, I see mini HDMI and dock station mentioning! Could you give more details on dock station, its features and connectivity? Should we expect an implementation of USB DAC function via the dock?

Oct 9, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #11 of 71

Thanks for that , infact ,DSD128 technology can support, we have the possibility to do DSD128, but DSD128 resources  is little at present ,we try 128 at  the test . Now 128 does not represent the best sound quality,  our products focus on quality first, so we are  mainly for the  audio part . Also the  noise problem already solved for DSD 64.  We will not do some higher format only for the marketing while lack of performance . About the battery, our battery can actually use close to eight hours, but more responsible conservative said for 7 hours. Also about the performance , we didn't use the commonly used system which  you mentioned , we design our own system ,  it has developed with minimum interference and best sound . 

aune For music we design. Stay updated on aune at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/auneaudioofficial https://twitter.com/auneaudio https://www.instagram.com/auneaudio http://www.auneaudio.com sales@auneaudio.com
Oct 14, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #12 of 71
Received an M2 yesterday for some testing prior to worldwide release. Focus seems to be on user interface, but also any other operating bugs. Sound is very good.

Oh, and it's BLUE! Pretty...

Oct 15, 2015 at 7:50 AM Post #14 of 71
Received an M2 yesterday for some testing prior to worldwide release. Focus seems to be on user interface, but also any other operating bugs. Sound is very good.

Oh, and it's BLUE! Pretty...

Cool! How is that "very good sound"?:) Considering all the effort Aune put into SQ it should be the best sounding DAP with AKM 4490 DAC or it should have been?:) 

Oct 15, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #15 of 71
  Cool! How is that "very good sound"?:) Considering all the effort Aune put into SQ it should be the best sounding DAP with AKM 4490 DAC or it should have been?:) 

Will give it a serious listen on the weekend and post some impressions then. For now I've just had a few quick listens while wrapping up some other projects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back